• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

K.Sabot

Took a nice break from this game, came back, and it looks STUNNING.

ibkObLejIKO8i4.jpg

ishlvXMLS0wqH.jpg

God these threads are so fucking dangerous. Now I'm seriously considering the ramen diet for the next month so I can upgrade my video card.

Those are ingame/in-engine shots for Spiderman? I guess I need to add it to my wishlist. It looks quite nice.

Metalmurphy, are you using any forced AA or filtering settings? Or compression? There's something really odd-looking about your foliage...the aliased edges may be normal, but those pictures look different to me. Or can someone else post a screenshot of one of the same areas to see if it's a videocard thing?

I used ingame SMAA on the first batch, and ingame MSAA on the second batch.

MSAA gives the better image quality imo.

Well, I tried installing ENB, and my game is just super dark now. The instructions mention to make sure the load order is right, but don't say what the load order should be.

Care to share your settings?

For some reason I was never able to maintain stable frame rates in this game, yet sunshine runs pretty smooth for me with 4x res + 4x ssaa.

All the config settings are at their defaults, including DSP on HLE. Graphics settings are D3D11, 4x native, 8 samples, 16x AF, forcing 16:9 and the widescreen hack. My 2500k (@4.4) is being used pretty heavily (well, what Dolphin uses at least), 670 not so much. Game maintains 60 almost all the time with the exception of a few drops occasionally, notably when lots of effects splash all over the visor (still a CPU thing there though, if anything). Oh and using Dolphin 3.5-124 right now, though the previous screens I've posted have been from various recent builds, I check and update every so often.

Warframe looks good... is it that bad?

It's not a bad game so far. The world/levels (aside from the almost non-existent community) just feel empty, hollow. Enemies are dumb as logs. Environments are too identical -- but hell, its still early to tell... its just not off to a great start.

Edit: I really like that second FC3 shot above

dLMN8R

After playing ~30 hours of Skyward Sword over my holiday break, I'd love to see what it's like running on Dolphin. Anyone have some or know of some good high-res screenshots of it? I'm particularly interested in seeing how its use of depth of field translates into higher resolutions.

Dammit Project CARS, best looking PC game right now imo.

There's simply no way to play it now if you aren't a Junior/Whatever Member already, right?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
All the nice downsampled shots but what is the performance? I like looking at pretty nearly perfect IQ shots like the next guy but it means less if I can't play it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This is a really tough game to get good shots of because if you're doing everything right, the shots will all come out boring looking.

It also doesn't help that a lot of the textures are pretty low res.

ifHLJcENKGgm5.jpg

iUWA5UAEsBTcN.jpg

Peterthumpa

All the nice downsampled shots but what is the performance? I like looking at pretty nearly perfect IQ shots like the next guy but it means less if I can't play it.

It really boils down to which game you wanna play downsampled. UE3 engines usually are pretty good to keep up 60+ FPS while downsampled from 2460x1440 to 1080p (with a GTX 680), but for newer engines like CryEngine and Frostbite 2 your framerate will suffer, but it's still somewhat playable.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Generally people usually post playable shots.

I did do some ludicrous stuff with Dark Souls though just to see what it looked like at the upper limit where I was getting between 10-15 FPS.

My Need For Speed shots from the last thread with everything maxed at 1600p was able to lock 30fps.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
My Far Cry 3 runs at 25-35 fps all max settings, 2xMSAA, 2560 x1600p
Surprisingly acceptable. Good to know.

It really boils down to which game you wanna play downsampled. UE3 engines usually are pretty good to keep up 60+ FPS while downsampled from 2460x1440 to 1080p (with a GTX 680), but for newer engines like CryEngine and Frostbite 2 your framerate will suffer, but it's still somewhat playable.
Looking at a 680 right now and everything seems on the up and up.

Generally people usually post playable shots.

I did do some ludicrous stuff with Dark Souls though just to see what it looked like at the upper limit where I was getting between 10-15 FPS.

My Need For Speed shots from the last thread with everything maxed at 1600p was able to lock 30fps.
Reassuring indeed. I'm looking at a 680 primarily with an upgrade to the next big cards coming in 2013/14.

After playing ~30 hours of Skyward Sword over my holiday break, I'd love to see what it's like running on Dolphin. Anyone have some or know of some good high-res screenshots of it? I'm particularly interested in seeing how its use of depth of field translates into higher resolutions.

Here's a couple shots I posted last year

http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2012-12-0222-3q0zw4.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2012-12-0416-3qwopm.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2012-12-0514-5luj3q.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2012-12-0616-4yzol9.png
http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2012-12-0800-2hidve.png

(late game boss) http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2012-12-0719-3lteo1.png
(end game spoilers) http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2012-12-0813-4snflp.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Is Endless Space better than Sins of a Solar Empire?

Thing is I have both but I really can't say anything about Sins as I played it for like what? 50 minutes or something total, that's basically starting it, checking the options and doing a bit of tutorials.

I'm 6h in ES and while I've barely scratched the surface here I dare say it's more my type of game. If nothing else just due to the turnbased vs realtime aspects of the games, ES being the former and Sins the latter. People say it's like CIV in space ( I haven't played Galciv or Master or Orion ) and that's an apt statement, in a positive way.

Computron

ipJy20ci9MfSR.png

i8ZtAWCUIYtBv.png

Bad game is bad. And boring.

Harvey Smith said in his post-mortem of this game that they wrote the wrong story and the wrong physics engine and the wrong renderer and the wrong streaming system and etc....
I agree with all that, but the renderer is alright. I like how stencil shadows scale, and they are pretty rare to see these days.
The Game looks good until the parts after Seattle and Mako. (Never could make myself play the game past Cairo though.)

Top Bottom