• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osorio

6a00e54ef2975b88330105361d146b970b-800wi.jpg

Hoping for a good start.

Drink, drink, wherever you may be,
We are the drunk and disorderly,
We don’t give a shit and we don’t give a fuck,
Cuz we’re coming home with the MLS cup.

GRW810

Holy cow Mike Magee has torn Chicago apart tonight. Hat-trick for him and one for Keane, 4-0 win over Chicago. Even without Beckham and Donovan they look deadly.

Red Bulls kick off within the hour. I'm so nervous. Desperate for this team to do well, but with such an overhaul this off-season both on and off the field this could either be beautiful or a train wreck. Hope the players gel and at least leave Jeld-Wen with a hard fought point.

I'm on my third coffee of the evening; it's midnight here in UK and game is still over half an hour from kicking off. Hope my 16 month old daughter sleeps in tomorrow morning.

Dartastic

Holy cow Mike Magee has torn Chicago apart tonight. Hat-trick for him and one for Keane, 4-0 win over Chicago. Even without Beckham and Donovan they look deadly.

Red Bulls kick off within the hour. I'm so nervous. Desperate for this team to do well, but with such an overhaul this off-season both on and off the field this could either be beautiful or a train wreck. Hope the players gel and at least leave Jeld-Wen with a hard fought point.

I'm on my third coffee of the evening; it's midnight here in UK and game is still over half an hour from kicking off. Hope my 16 month old daughter sleeps in tomorrow morning.
The Red Bulls have had an overhaul, but nowhere near as much as we have. LETS GO TIMBERS

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is Valeri playing?

Magee is becoming one of my favorites in the league especially due to his clutch performances. Underrated.

GRW810

Electric game, 3-1 Red Bulls. This game is so fast and open, score could be reversed and it wouldn't seem wrong. More goals in this, and if the past is anything to go by we're capable of throwing this away.

Espindola literally doesn't stop running. He's hustled the Timbers defence for that entire first half. Silvestre is having a nightmare on his Portland debut. Hope this new-look Red Bulls outfit can hold on in the face of extreme pressure.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Portland should have gotten a penalty on the possession before the goal, so that goal is some form of cosmic justice?

What an amazing shift - from a well-played first half, to getting almost completely buried in the second. I was sure they'd get bit at the end (I had Rooney flashbacks when that bicycle kick got set up), but they held on.

GRW810

I'll take the point. Timbers just never gave up. Under Backe there's no way we would have left Jeld-Wen with a point tonight.

Dartastic

I'll take the point. Timbers just never gave up. Under Backe there's no way we would have left Jeld-Wen with a point tonight.
We're a new team as well. We would probably have lost tonight as well, but unlike last season we actually have some fucking grit. We've NEVER beaten the Red Bulls, so a tie is completely acceptable. Plus, there were a lot of bullshit penalties that should have been called. Whatever.

Osorio

I'll take a 3-3 tie over losing 4-3 to a stoppage time bicycle kick. If that shot went in I would've spontaneously combusted.

GRW810

We're a new team as well. We would probably have lost tonight as well, but unlike last season we actually have some fucking grit. We've NEVER beaten the Red Bulls, so a tie is completely acceptable. Plus, there were a lot of bullshit penalties that should have been called. Whatever.
Timbers were sensational, they just never gave up. They pressed and pressed and wore us down. In Nagbe, Johnson and Valeri you've got one hell of an attack.

Our bench has no offense.
This is an issue. Strong starting XI but beyond that we're inexperienced and weak. Not many game-changers on the roster. Of those not starting last night I'd only trust Sam and Steele to have any impact as a sub. Need to see more of Martinez and Moreno is too young. Alexander, Lade, Barklage, Holgersson all defensive options. We might have to sign Luyindula after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom