• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZgU0cT_TfI

Who wants the pipe?

FkT6Mtu.jpg

dikembe-mutombo-geico-block.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SubRvg5OFzo

Rando14 is keeping track of the image. If you want to be added, PM him.

ZW4lMDZ.png

RQAS5X6.png

RIP Jerry Buss

charsace

People really hitting JR for that? That girl looks old for her age. My sister has 22 year old friends. That look younger than her.

reilo

Updated: March 1, 2013, 3:18 PM ET
By Brian Windhorst | ESPN.com

Andrew Bynum doesn't want to play in pain. After yet another setback in his recovery from knee injuries, there's dwindling hope of him playing at all for the Philadelphia 76ers this season.

heh

Jazz probably starting Watson, Foye, Marvin, Favors, Kanter tonight.

Kemba, do the right thing, tank this game. For all that is right in this world, tank this game to hurt the Lakers' playoff chances.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Didn't realize that the Grizzlies have won 8 straight (mostly against crap teams though). Can anyone watching the Grizzlies give opinions on the new Gay-less squad? Better? Worse?
Efficiency ratings and assists among other things has gone up since this winning streak. The team overall look quite better with Randolph and Gasol as the focal players of the team.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Erik Spoelstra, Lionel Hollins named February Coaches of the Month.

etiolate

Banned
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...als-plan-keep-sacramento-kings-moving-seattle

Mayor Kevin Johnson says Sacramento is back in the ballgame after announcing that two investors want to buy the NBA's Kings and build a downtown arena to stop the proposed move of the city's only major league sports team to Seattle.

Mark Mastrov, founder of 24 Hour Fitness, will submit a bid for the team to the NBA on Friday, Johnson said in a speech Thursday night.

It had been rumored for weeks that Mastrov would partner with Ron Burkle, the billionaire co-owner of the NHL's Pittsburgh Penguins, to buy the team. Instead Johnson said that Burkle will lead the effort to build a new downtown arena that he also hopes will lure back to Sacramento another WNBA franchise.

Also, props to Mitch Richmond for pitching in.

Also, it seems the Kings released Aaron Brooks. Not sad to see him go.

etiolate

Banned
I realize this will sound crass but I really hope this falls though. Seattle deserves to have a team and since the NBA isn't expanding any time soon (thank goodness), nor are any other franchises up for grabs, I really hope this falls though.

I hope your anus falls through from getting repeatedly pegged by your wife.

linsivvi

I realize this will sound crass but I really hope this falls though. Seattle deserves to have a team and since the NBA isn't expanding any time soon (thank goodness), nor are any other franchises up for grabs, I really hope this falls though.

Just move the Sonic back to Seattle and everybody will live happily ever after.

diehard

Fleer
Jazz probably starting Watson, Foye, Marvin, Favors, Kanter tonight.

Kemba, do the right thing, tank this game. For all that is right in this world, tank this game to hurt the Lakers' playoff chances.

Put Hayward instead of Marvin and an average PG in there and i kinda like that starting lineup.

reilo

But they've already been sold.
Yea, the Maloofs will have to choose to cut ties with the Ballmer group. Sacramento nor the NBA owns the Kings -- the Maloofs do.

Would they be that shady and cave into the pressure and back out of the deal of a century?

Probably.

etiolate

Banned
NBA teams are franchises not just any used car. The Maloofs own the franchise of the Kings. To officially sale the team, it has to be approved by the governing board of the NBA, as does the franchise move.

There's actually a lot of hangups for the Seattle group beyond this competing bid. There's the approval, the move approval, and also a question of whether minority owners of the team have right of first refusal.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Yea, the Maloofs will have to choose to cut ties with the Ballmer group. Sacramento nor the NBA owns the Kings -- the Maloofs do.

Would they be that shady and cave into the pressure and back out of the deal of a century?

Probably.

There's a signed binding sales agreement and the Maloofs have already gotten $30M. They legally can't even talk to anybody else.

It's cute that Kevin Johnson that is out there talking up their "bid" (as if it is a bidding war at this point. Also note that Mastrov's net worth is apparently $300-350M), but get real.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So kings cut Aaron Brooks and sheed is out 8 weeks due to having foot surgery.... Knicks need to cut sheed and give him a baron davis job and then pick up brooks.... Just saying another talented guard who could let Kidd rest more leading to the playoffs.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Rodeo dropping truth bombs all over the place

Kings gaf :(

I'm just saying. This is just like when Steve Ballmer came in at the end of the Sonics' life and with the plan to buy the Sonics and build his own arena. They're so far behind the eight ball. Mastrov doesn't have the money to be buying and running an NBA team and they still have no arena proposal.

The new Seattle arena is happening. The lawsuit against it got dismissed last week. Their group also has serious money (Ballmer, the Nordstrom family). And, oh yeah, that purchase agreement and down payment.

reilo

There's a signed binding sales agreement and the Maloofs have already gotten $30M. They legally can't even talk to anybody else.

It's cute that Kevin Johnson that is out there talking up their "bid" (as if it is a bidding war at this point. Also note that Mastrov's net worth is apparently $300-350M), but get real.

The only way this can go Sacramento's way is if the NBA rejects the bid by Ballmer's group.

Top Bottom