• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 is the year of Atlanta hip hop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much great music came out of Atlanta this year. Migos, Future, Rich Homie Quan, ILoveMakonnen, and of course Young Thug. And then there's producers like Sonny Digital, Mike Will Made It, and London on da Track who are consistently putting out fire beats. I mean Atlanta has always been a great place for hip hop, but this year a lot of new, talented artists really made their mark. You turn on any hip hop radio station and you're guaranteed to hear at least one of these acts. Not only that, but their sound is influencing everyone else hard.

Here's just a few songs from 2014 I liked:

Migos-"Fight Night"
Migos-"Hit Em"
Migos-"Handsome and Wealthy"
Future-"Move That Dope"
Young Thug-"2 Bitches"(released in 2013 as "Danny Glover", still a dope song)
Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan-"Lifestyle"
T.I. ft Young Thug-"About the Money"
ILoveMakonnen ft. Drake-"Tuesday"
ILoveMakonnen-"I Don't Sell Molly No More"
Migos ft Rich Homie Quan & Young Thug-"In Too Deep"
Rich Homie Quan ft Young Thug-"Get TF Out My Face"

I live here and I generally hate radio hip-hop because it's repetitive and usually terrible.

Good luck to those guys you listed who aren't trash, but honestly I'm not a fan of any of them based on what I've heard on the radio. I recognize some songs but eh...

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Eh, considereding I have never heard of a majority, I can't really agree. To be fair, I have stayed away from Rap for most of the year. Pretty much nothing has come out.

RBH

Thanks for the links. Haven't been able to keep up this year due to work, so got some catching up to do for my ATLiens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom