• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser trailer for new FX show "Atlanta" (Donald Glover)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

It's been crickets music-wise since Childish Gambino released his STN MTN / Kauai mixtape in 2014, though Donald Glover has been working on movies like the upcoming Spider-Man and his upcoming FX show Atlanta. Today, the long-dormant Donald Glover Twitter page sent out a link to download a phone app called PHAROS Earth. As of writing, it's only available in the United States.

The app opens up to reveal animated footage of a journey through space and a countdown at the bottom. But to what? Probably not that EP with Chance The Rapper, right? The FADER has reached out to a representative for comment. Check out a screenshot of PHAROS Earth below.

Slack_for_iOS_Upload_gddkii.jpg
http://www.thefader.com/2016/06/17/childish-gambino-pharos-earth-app

That third teaser actually made me chuckle. I'm looking forward to watching a black comedy show on a mainstream cable network (that's not BET) written by and starring one of my favorite comedians.

Lo_Fi

Seriously what's up with all these shows trying to do the Twin Peaks vibe the year before the real deal returns? Trying to pre-emptively eat that lunch or?

Anywho this looks decent, will check out.

All the people who grew up during the show being on are old enough to make stuff now. Same thing happened/is happening in games.

I'll watch it because I've liked the stuff Glover has been in, but Twin Peaks was trash. I seriously couldn't make it past a few eps. The acting bordered on parody. Maybe I just missed the boat since I tried watching it last year

I'll watch it because I've liked the stuff Glover has been in, but Twin Peaks was trash. I seriously couldn't make it past a few eps. The acting bordered on parody. Maybe I just missed the boat since I tried watching it last year

Scust. Twin Peaks > anything glover has ever been in and ever will be in.

Lynch stuff is an acquired taste though so I can see why some people would be really put off by it.

Lo_Fi

They're really short clips, but anyone know of any music similar to what's played in those teasers? I imagine some of Childish Gambino's music is similar (since I think he's writing the music here too?) but the songs I've heard from him don't really sound like that.

I'm looking forward to it, but I wish they'd just put out a proper trailer already. The whole walking-in-reverse series of teasers they've done just make me want to rewatch The Pharcyde's "Drop," - not really whet my appetite for Atlanta.

OHHH! I was wondering why he was walking so weird in the promos. I didn't notice that at all and thought it was like a character quirk or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom