• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full trailer for "Atlanta" on FX (starring Donald Glover, debuts on September 6th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Full trailer: https://twitter.com/AtlantaFX/status/764213278935437313

Original teaser: https://twitter.com/AtlantaFX/status/743558635553329153

atlanta_oabpgv.jpg

Fresh off FX's gift of 6 new Atlanta teasers, Donald Glover had plenty to tell reporters at the Television Critics Association (TCA) summer press tour. Glover spoke candidly about the artistic intentions behind Atlanta, the importance of clean-cut endings, and his frustrations with the pace of society's progressions.

"The thesis with [Atlanta] was kind of to show people how it feels to be black," Glover told reporters at TCA Tuesday, according to the Hollywood Reporter. "What was important to me was that this show was personal and had a specific take because that's all you can really ask for from a show nowadays, having a specific point of view on something."

If it's good, I plan on watching it. I remember I had no idea he was even from Atlanta till he mentioned it on Breakfast Club and they were as shocked as I was. LOL

If the show is anything like it's namesake it'll be bloated and populated with assholes.

Got DAMN. LOL You live in Atlanta? Weird, the majority of folks I know who come down here love it and some even move here afterwards (By folks i know, I mean Black folks).

How are you going to know if it's good or not before you watch it? ��
Reviews, word of mouth, buzz. I'm not going to watch when it airs, I'll wait for what people gotta say about it, and then if still interested watch it.

Madness

The trailers are pretty quirky. They have good beats and just some random walking around or a scene ans then rewind it or fast forward. Will watch to see how it is.

Obscura

Got DAMN. LOL You live in Atlanta? Weird, the majority of folks I know who come down here love it and some even move here afterwards (By folks i know, I mean Black folks).

Reviews, word of mouth, buzz. I'm not going to watch when it airs, I'll wait for what people gotta say about it, and then if still interested watch it.

I do though I don't dislike it as much as my post implies ha. I spend a lot of time driving and it is soul crushing.

LordOfChaos

Essentially the plot

troy-hello-rich-people.gif

I'll give it a shot. Fan of all the community crew. Too bad Ken Jeong's own show is complete garbage. Haven't checked out Gillian Jacob's "Love" yet.

Incredibly hyped for this.

The creator is a guy named Hiro Murai. He makes a lot of cool music videos and quite a few of Glover's.

Mediking

Where can I buy that cool theme song!!?!?!?! It looks super good too!

Edit: Thanks to this thread, I found it! Aww yeah!

bman94

If it's good, I plan on watching it. I remember I had no idea he was even from Atlanta till he mentioned it on Breakfast Club and they were as shocked as I was. LOL

If you listen to his music he talks about Atlanta a lot.

Damn Glover getting work. He has another hip hop themed show coming out this fall too.

You mean you don't enjoy 45 to 60 minute commutes back and forth to work? LOL

I'm used to it.

I live in Smyrna so I don't have to deal with it much (though it does get bad out here, we're only right next door).

I don't listen to his music. My brother does though. To me he came across as a derivative of Drake.

He's done better with differentiating his style now, but ive had that same impression. Camp and Because the Internet are my two fave releases of his. He also has a mixtape called STN MTN.

I live in Smyrna so I don't have to deal with it much (though it does get bad out here, we're only right next door).

He's done better with differentiating his style now, but ive had that same impression. Camp and Because the Internet are my two fave releases of his. He also has a mixtape called STN MTN.

Why was his mixtape called STN MTN? That's where I grew up in Stone Mountain off of Redan Road. Yes, I'm a Redan Raider. LOL

IF either a) Young Thug, b) Father, c) Gucci Mane, d) Lil Yachty, or e) all of the above make a cameo, this'll be the best show of 2016.

Mariolee

That "whaaaaat...no" gave me instant flashbacks to Donald's comedic roots, something I haven't seen in a long time. Does anyone know if he's producing any new music for this. The song they've been using in all the teasers is dope af but I REALLY want new Gambino music.

That "whaaaaat...no" gave me instant flashbacks to Donald's comedic roots, something I haven't seen in a long time. Does anyone know if he's producing any new music for this. The song they've been using in all the teasers is dope af but I REALLY want new Gambino music.
I'm pretty sure he has a new album coming out this year called Pharos unless that turned out to be something else.

Edit: Yup.
http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/childish-gambino-to-debut-pharos-album-live-in-september-news.22353.html

Mariolee

I'm pretty sure he has a new album coming out this year called Pharos unless that turned out to be something else.

Ah thats right, I forgot about that tour.

Also I'm not thinking straight cause it's late at night. This is a show about wanting to become a rapper. Of course he'll probably produce new music through this.

I teeter between thinking Gambino is a lame as fuck rapper but okay actor/comedian so this indulging both sides of that is ehhh, I'll give it episode or two tho solely because the teasers have been good, which isn't hard when you are using the best song off of Currents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom