• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

RnlGo2J.png

2014 Free agent tracker = http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2014/

RedHeavenlyBats.gif

TOP POSTERS SINCE March 2014
Cloudy - 1388
MetalFearSolid - 900
Syphon Filter - 703
UnObtainium17 - 670
Bam Bam Baklava - 608
Ninjascooter - 484
Friskykillface - 441

*OT will be updated throughout the season.

Fjordson

Hyped for this season. We ready.

currydance2.gif

Young Stephen will continue his ascent towards the best point guard in the league, Klay will become the #1 two guard, and Bogut won't get badly injured.

Overlee

I am a Clippers fan living in Oakland. Watched last years playoff series at The New Parkway Theatre in Uptown. I had the biggest smile on my face in a crowd of frowns after Game 7.

I wish league pass would let me watch Warriors games. Stupid blackout rules hurt local support more than anything.

Cole Slaw

Banned
As bad as I think the Lakers are doing, I just have to remind myself of how much worse the Celtics are doing, and then that makes me more sad because I actually like the city of Boston (and Seattle, but Ballmer is a traitor—or is he?). I really hope it isn't going to be another 20 years before those two teams (Lakers and Celtics) meet in the finals again. It sucks to see what has become of Garnett and Pierce, but sucks even more to see how Allen betrayed that legacy. Ugh, I love basketball.

Rooting for Warriors and hoping Bogut stays healthy so that Spurs can be watchable again for a few games.

Cole Slaw

Banned
How come Thibodeau didn't look too excited about Pau Gasol at the press conference they held when Pau had just signed there? Has Thibs shown any signs of starting to like Pau or anything?

Knicks-haters be damned, we will steamroll the Eastern Conference en route to a startling 45 and 37 record and a #7 playoff seed. Then, we will defeat the Bulls with the power of Triangle Melo and a rejuvenated, delighfully-marinated STAT en route to being destroyed by the Cavs.

Shout-outs to all of Knicks-GAF that we lost in past struggles.
I still see you, Frankman.

Fuck the Heat forever.

Malo

Banned
Knicks-haters be damned, we will steamroll the Eastern Conference en route to a startling 45 and 37 record and a #7 playoff seed. Then, we will defeat the Bulls with the power of Triangle Melo and a rejuvenated, delighfully-marinated STAT en route to being destroyed by the Cavs.

Shout-outs to all of Knicks-GAF that we lost in past struggles.
I still see you, Frankman.

Fuck the Heat forever.
I want to be with you fellow council member but 45 wins? I just don't see it. I see 42 wins as their ceiling. With that said go knicks!

Fuck da Knicks

I am a Clippers fan living in Oakland. Watched last years playoff series at The New Parkway Theatre in Uptown. I had the biggest smile on my face in a crowd of frowns after Game 7.

I wish league pass would let me watch Warriors games. Stupid blackout rules hurt local support more than anything.

League pass blocks me from seeing most Lakers games, but I'll get to watch over 40 Warriors games here in LA. Me no problem with blackouts.

I assume the idea is to drive viewership to games, and they figure out of market game attendance is way less likely. Plus, those tv deals yo.

I find it impossible to hate the Spurs. They're too much fun to watch and are largely free of assholes.

Now that Ginobli is older, I agree.

5 years ago...HATED Ginobli. He was Kobe lite.

Let's go CAVS.

The years of suffering are at an end. Must channel the spirits of Brad Daugherty and Hotrod Williams. Still won't believe LeBron came back until I see them play their first regular season game.

Splatt

I'm more of a lurker in these threads, but I just wanted to drop in and say that I'll be rooting for Warriors.

Warriors...come out and plaaaayay...

Team looks real good this year. I like what I've seen of the new offense thus far and our bench looks far better. Wasn't sold on the Kerr hiring (still not sold) but at least he's got top tier coaching staff backing him up (absolutely ecstatic with the Alvin Gentry hire as he was my first choice to replace Mark Jackson )

#fullsquad..

Fjordson

Warriors...come out and plaaaayay...

Team looks real good this year. I like what I've seen of the new offense thus far and our bench looks far better. Wasn't sold on the Kerr hiring (still not sold) but at least he's got top tier coaching staff backing him up (absolutely ecstatic with the Alvin Gentry hire as he was my first choice to replace Mark Jackson )

#fullsquad..
Yeah, our staff is solid. Gentry and Ron Adams is a nice combo.

Kobe has been my favorite player for 17 years.

Now that I've been following the Warriors it's changing my perspective on him as a "teammate".

He's still my favorite player of all time...but it's ALL about his solo skill.

Cole Slaw

Banned
Lakers organization should have the balls to start all their bench riders with Kobe, since Kobe is going to Kobe anyway.

Leave the "team players" that should be starting... to come in as part of the best group of multiple 6th men the league will ever see.

To illustrate:

Starters - Kobe, Boozer, Hill, Wes, Ronnie Price
Bench - Young, Lin, Ed Davis, Randle, Clarkson

That bench could go toe to toe with Golden State's starters, and probably then some. They will literally be the best bench mob of forever.

Was about to sub to the 5 team League pass. Thought about which 5 teams I would want.. I cant narrow it down to 5 so F it I'm gonna do the $199 one. welp.
Go bulls!! Drose will win mip, mvp, all-star mvp, finals mvp. McDermott will win ROY.

I think KD will still be the MVP. Even with 6-8 weeks of absence. If he gots on a roll like he did last season he will get it easily. My runner up is D-rose.

My bet on ROY will be Randle(i say F booze let him keep that bench nice and warm and give randle his minutes lol) or Jabari or Noel (surprised that he can be a ROY candidate, pellies gon be fun to watch)

1st east seed will be Heat, 2nd will be Bulls 3rd will be Cavs.
Spurs will still come out of West I think. Idk when those old dudes will get caught by father time. Seems like they're immune to that shit. Clips will be 2nd seed. I like the addition of Hawes.

Feels good to have NBA back.
5AAf7WF.png
Aside from the might of Spurs. I like the balance of power in this coming NBA season.

Fuck the Knicks forever and ever

Fuck the Cavs too

And the Spurs (yea I'm salty as fuck)

Can't wait for Bosh to put up Raptor numbers

Wade pls play more than 50 games this year pretty pls

Ennis for ROY
is he considered a rookie?

What is this thread title? That's turrible.

Anyway, Kobe + Lin + Boozer + Randle + non-shit coach = playo... look I got nothing. I can't spin this.

Cross posting this from the other thread:

To all of those interested in a fantasy league, I just could not drum up enough interest. I am sure someone else can get it done. My apologies.

This is a huge bummer. Was really hoping to get something going.

I'd be happy to take over for this. People PM or quote me if you are still down. Its a casual league so theres not much to worry about. Just good fun and attaining new knowledge to the game.

The M.O.B

The James Ennis era begins.

So exciting seeing the Heat have a bunch of young guys on the team now. Last time I had this feeling was when Chalmers was looking like we got the steal of the century and Beasley.........well yeah BEazy had some good times too.

3rd seed in East guaranteed.

What is this thread title? That's turrible.

Anyway, Kobe + Lin + Boozer + Randle + non-shit coach = playo... look I got nothing. I can't spin this.

Lin to Ed Davis pick n roll combo baby... Jeremy is going to emerge from his time chamber and show us ascendant super saiyLin... Linsanity returns to the NBA.

Randle has good size and strength to go along with his skills. Hopefully his bball IQ develops.. Right dude likes to pretty much take it to the rack no matter where he is on the floor .

neptunes

1st east seed will be Heat, 2nd will be Bulls 3rd will be Cavs.
Spurs will still come out of West I think. Idk when those old dudes will get caught by father time. Seems like they're immune to that shit. Clips will be 2nd seed. I like the addition of Hawes.
Heat 3rd seed? Wtf

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Chris Bosh MVP
Luol Deng DPOTY
James Ennis aka King James II ROTY
Erik Spoelstra CO-HAHAHAHAHA. I couldn't keep a straight face for that one. That's going too far.

JoeFu

Banned
Mavs offense gonna be crazy, and defense should be a step up compared to last year. Probably a top 5 offense along with a middle of pack defense. Should be a fun season. I'm excited.

I'd be happy to take over for this. People PM or quote me if you are still down. Its a casual league so theres not much to worry about. Just good fun and attaining new knowledge to the game.
Count me in!

In for the fantasy dreams.

AcridMeat

Banned
Loving this Warriors support in here. I think we've got a good shot. My friend is adamant we are going to get the rise of Black Falcon once and for all.

I saw an article hinting that Kerr might try starting him with Iguodala on the bench. I kind of like the idea of that, if the defense doesn't suffer too much.

I'm still interested, but the link to it I got in a PM said the league was full so not sure what's going on.

Top Bottom