• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

hoos30

They need another guard. Someone who can shoot threes, drive into the lane for free throws, provide a necessary scoring threat after Durant and Westbrook to stretch defenses. Even if they'd have to hide him on defense I think such a player would go a long way to putting OKC over the top.

It's too bad they never had a player like that nor can they really get one now. A shame really
Cough:Harden:cough

Ambient80

KD had 31 points in a full game plus OT need more offensive from him. YNB had to be more efficient.

Spurs looking good, I hope they beat Miami, Miami winning 2/4 years one could argue it being a failure for the Big 3 since joining together. Minimum 3 was expectations. I hope Duncan gets that 5th Ring.

One would be wrong. Finals for four years in a row and 2/4 wins, that's a hell of a stretch. Only the saltiest of other team's fans would find that to be a failure.

dream

kevin-durant-emotional-mvp-speech-video.jpg

better luck next year

It's scary to think how good he could've been if he had someone to coach him up.
By most accounts he's not that big of a dickhead, he just play basketball like one.

their cheapskate owners refused to pay James Harden what he was worth. They couldve had Finals appearances for years. No one to blame but themselves

Scary thing about this game was that the Spurs won the game with Tony Parker. OKC no excuse should have won this game, KD made that key turnover, missed that 3, and attempted one ugly ass driving bank attempt.

KD had 31 points in a full game plus OT need more offensive from him. YNB had to be more efficient.

Spurs looking good, I hope they beat Miami, Miami winning 2/4 years one could argue it being a failure for the Big 3 since joining together. Minimum 3 was expectations. I hope Duncan gets that 5th Ring.

KD played 51 minutes. The bench didn't do shit.

Scary thing about this game was that the Spurs won the game with Tony Parker. OKC no excuse should have won this game, KD made that key turnover, missed that 3, and attempted one ugly ass driving bank attempt.

The Spurs would wax any team with their backup.

KingGondo

Banned
Lots of young teams in the history of the league have thought that and had their windows shut faster than they expected.
Nothing is guaranteed, and I know that.

But everyone saw KD's MVP speech, and the situation in OKC's a lot better than most people realize.

I wouldn't mind seeing a coaching staff shakeup, and Presti will be tested in the draft and in replacing the vets.

ISOM

Why are people talking about westbrook like he lost the game? It was the lack of bench production and heavy minutes that did in OKC. Other than that ending game shot, WB has been stellar both offensively and defensively. People saying that OKC needs a PG while not fixing the issue that OKC has no outside shooting and no bench is both idiotic and delusional. Who is this "real pg" going to pass it to if they get one for okc? They NEEDED westbrooks scoring.

jjasper

Why are people saying the bench didn't show up like that is shocking. Their bench is awful.

I wouldn't mind seeing a coaching staff shakeup, and Presti will be tested in the draft and in replacing the vets.

Well lucky for you the draft is the only thing Presti is good at.

Branduil

It's scary to think how good he could've been if he had someone to coach him up.
By most accounts he's not that big of a dickhead, he just play basketball like one.

Edit: no gif of the THE Westbrick yet?

His coaches for the last decade have been Scott Brooks and Ben Howland. He never had a chance.

TylerD

Why are people talking about westbrook like he lost the game? It was the lack of bench production and heavy minutes that did in OKC. Other than that ending game shot, WB has been stellar both offensively and defensively. People saying that OKC needs a PG while not fixing the issue that OKC has no outside shooting and no bench is both idiotic and delusional. Who is this "real pg" going to pass it to if they get one for okc? They NEEDED westbrooks scoring.

What is up with you and this logical post?

Its clearly all Westbrook's fault. He fucked up everything!

Cloudy

Banned
Why are people saying the bench didn't show up like that is shocking. Their bench is awful.

Especially moving Reggie to the starting lineup and Thabo out of the rotation entirely. Did Caron Butler even play tonight? They only had Fisher off the bench and he scored what, 5? Perkins might as well not be starting cos he didn't score

ISOM

What is up with you and this logical post?

Its clearly all Westbrook's fault. He fucked up everything!

It just seems like everyone was waiting for that YNB shot to start the hate but clearly stepping back and looking at the situation presents a clearer picture. OKC has some major deficiencies that they have to fix and westbrook is not one of them.

Cipherr

One would be wrong. Finals for four years in a row and 2/4 wins, that's a hell of a stretch. Only the saltiest of other team's fans would find that to be a failure.

Exactly. And lets clear up the obvious. Those same haters aren't gonna give them credit if/when they three peat anyway, so lets not act like this is the goalpost that won't be moved. Because they gonna change up their talk real quick if the Heat win.

fuck da heat,dam you guys really are afraid of that 5th ring lol. you realize lebron will have 3 and WADE 4 with a chance to catch kobe next year right?

Nah, we aren't worried about Timmy getting 5. Noone, not fans, not the media, noone cares how many rings the Spurs have or win except their own city. I don't know exactly why that is, but its the truth. Media should be all over the Spurs with how consistent they play, but instead noone gives a shit. People only care about the Spurs the last 2 years because they ended up being in between the Bad Guys Heat and another ring.

Otherwise, they are invisible.

Top Bottom