• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Pokémon World Championships | Washington, DC | August 15th-17th | Twitch Stream

Sayad

Is it over? Is this "will return soon" screen a lie?!
9ovvu0I.gif

Average number of wins per country in VGC Swiss if I did my math right. I also ignored the dropped entrant. In parentheses is the number of entrants per a country:

Korea (2) - 4
Japan (7) - 3.71
Spain (2) - 3.5
Germany (10) - 3.2
UK (7) - 3
Canada (1) - 3
US (22) - 2.82
Australia (3) - 2.67
Italy (3) - 2.67
Ireland (1) - 2
South Africa (1) - 2

Nothing too surprising, though.

Average number of wins per country in VGC Swiss if I did my math right. I also ignored the dropped entrant. In parentheses is the number of entrants per a country:

Korea (2) - 4
Japan (7) - 3.71
Spain (2) - 3.5
Germany (10) - 3.2
UK (7) - 3
Canada (1) - 3
US (22) - 2.82
Australia (3) - 2.67
Italy (3) - 2.67
Ireland (1) - 2
South Africa (1) - 2

Nothing too surprising, though.

There was no 1-rep country that just bombed? I consider that fairly surprising actually!

Oh, completely bombing this tournament was apparently hard to do if you weren't a top-tier player. None of the single reps seemed to be skilled enough to accomplish a task as difficult as bombing Worlds.

....by bombed I mean they just went 0-6 and crashed out
Oh, that? Ireland got a bye round 4 and won against a 1-4 round 6.

South Africa beat a fellow 0-2 in round 3 and then beat a 1-4 in round 6.

Canada's Randy Kwa is too consistent to bomb.

The two 0-5's going into round 6 placed 2nd and 3rd at US Nationals. If it wasn't for the dropped player then they would have faced each other. Instead, due to the dropped player, 2nd at US Nationals got a bye and the other beat a 1-4 to finally get a win. Rounding off the 1-5's were two previous Worlds winners, the Apex 2013 Pokemon champ, and some Italian guy.

This tournament was... weird.

at first I was like "meh" but then I saw he also had Talonflame
good guy

Oh, that? Ireland got a bye round 4 and won against a 1-4 round 6.

South Africa beat a fellow 0-2 in round 3 and then beat a 1-4 in round 6.

Canada's Randy Kwa is too consistent to bomb.

The two 0-5's going into round 6 placed 2nd and 3rd at US Nationals. If it wasn't for the dropped player then they would have faced each other. Instead, due to the dropped player, 2nd at US Nationals got a bye and the other beat a 1-4 to finally get a win. Rounding off the 1-5's were two previous Worlds winners, the Apex 2013 Pokemon champ, and some Italian guy.

This tournament was... weird.

oh wow everybody getting tossed all over the place

NEO0MJ

How in the world did Pachirisu do so well? I would have thought that a pokemon like that wouldn't even survive a single earthquake from Garchomp.

TrickRoom

Lol, finals battle with no energy.

This is my first time watching the TCG. Can someone explain to me why everyone's so lax about peeking at the players' hands?

JoeM86

Masters TCG finals already? Are they running ahead of time or are these matches just long?

Running ahead. The Juniors final for TCG was only like 10 minutes, and Seniors was almost as fast.

VGC isn't scheduled for an hour and a half, but I don't know if it'll run early.

Top Bottom