• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"2014 will mark a renaissance for Sonic the Hedgehog"

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, those legs are so long. I can't get over it. Imagine them in a walk cycle.

spongebob-fishnets.gif

Knuckles ate the Master Emerald. Eggman tricked him into thinking it was candy, and he ate it whole. That's why his torso is that shape now.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I honestly think this reboot might actually end up being pretty well received once the initial shock passes over.

I don't really think the games themselves will improve, but I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year, people on GAF and around the 'net are unironically enjoying the show on its own merits as a seperate product from the games.

SykoTech

Yeah, I'm actually okay with Sonic as well to be honest.

But Knuckles...ugh. I don't even mind what he's wearing, but was it really necessary to turn him into the Hulk? They'll probably just use it as another reason to keep him in the "all muscle, no brain" role he's been stuck in since Shadow the Hedgehog. :/

Probably because they always were like that. They didn't change colour just to reach younger audiences. That would be weird.

"Get the Japan office on the horn. Little. Kids. Love. Consistent Arm Colors. We need to change the arms or little kids won't know what's going on."

Azure J

OK, I'm hallucinating or some shit but I thought I had posted a response to Sega1991 and now I don't see it anywhere. Thank God for Google Chrome. Anyways:

Sonic Colors was the start of the problem that dragged down Lost World, I feel. You can say that Sonic is a platformer franchise but as a platformer his controls were never as good as Mario.

The ultra-fast gameplay of Rush, Unleashed and Generations were, in my opinion, a stronger identity for Sonic. Pushing Sonic harder down the path of Mario downplays what makes him unique.

Really? Interesting opinion (you're not wrong and I'm not antagonizing you), but as I mentioned in the Sonic community thread earlier today, Colors is actually my favorite of the three "Boost" era games because of how they attempted to create multi-tiered level design and gave you these methods of traversing it all with a Sonic'sense of speed.

Lost World's issues were a result of essentially putting roadblocks in front of a speeding train in either level design or how they implemented base character abilities.

My dream of having a game that looks like the Sonic CD intro sequence is now forever crushed.

Fixed.

Actually the redeisgn isnt as bad as I was thinking it would be. Sonic looks good...knuckles a little bit strange bit still okay.

Spaghetti

sonic's arms being the same colour as his body is fucking weird to look at

the faces aren't stylised enough for the bodies, y'know? feels like they kept the same faces as the old designs but changed the bodies.

Zoolader

Seeing them now, the proportions look fine.

But why in the world is that sports tape for!?! It looks terrible.

The sports tape is the worst part of the design for sure, wtf. It's not bad looking for Knuckles since it kinda gives him that Muay Thai fighter look, but why the hell does Sonic have it on his hands and feet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's a joke to be made about Amy eyeing Sonic. Tails...looks okay again. The tape on the shoes looks weird, but overall, aside from Knuckles, they're not as bad as I fear they'd be.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
From what I've gathered, I think we're gonna have Sega of Japan doing the normal Sonic games, while Sonic Boom will be aimed at the West, and will have its own, separate game.

Sciz

From what I've gathered, I think we're gonna have Sega of Japan doing the normal Sonic games, while Sonic Boom will be aimed at the West, and will have its own, separate game.

Sonic's been aimed at the west forever, especially in recent years. It hasn't pushed any decent numbers in Japan in ages.

RamsesA

Neo Member

Normally I'd assume the TV spinoff game would be worse, but given the state of Sonic games over the last 10 years, it might be a tossup.

Lijik

Remove the fukken sports tape that everyone is just wrapping all over themselves like theyre extras in The Mummy and Id actually really dig these designs except Knuckles

Knuckles wtf...

I'm actually liking Tails and Amy in that image...if this really is it's own continuity, then I'm okay with it actually.

Kind of weird that SEGA is making a licensed game based of the cartoon, I mean it's not odd-logically, just weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom