• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"2014 will mark a renaissance for Sonic the Hedgehog"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That concept art makes me feel a lot better, Knuckles still looks a little weird but I dig the other 3 for the most part.

But I'm honestly confused by all that sports tape, WHY?

Sciz

I suppose it's a certainty that the associated game is going back to multiple playable characters, if they're pushing all four of them as the faces of the franchise.

I am honestly excited for Amy, Tails and Knuckles being actually playable again, even if's going to be part heroes-style and part solo (it seems)

Also the models look fine here, Knuckles still looks REALLY weird next to the rest though. The legs are also a little weird, but feel like something I can grow to like about the new style. Seems like this is another focus on Knuckles story or something?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Models looks "eeeeehhhh" compared to the drawn style, but looks okay, I guess.

Noticed it's being made by Big Red Button Entertainment (the Wii U version), which appears to be that company founded by ex-Naughty Dog veterans Bob Rafei and Dan Arey. Interesting.

The fact we can play as multiple characters again with unique abilities again is rather nice. I'm actually kind of interested in seeing how this turns out.

Edit: I'm also hearing the 3DS version is being done by Sanzaru, who did Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

Lunar15

This is clearly the sonic "spinoff" title, while sonic team is working on a proper "traditional sonic game".

While I have no idea what's going to happen, I think it'd be funny if Boom was the higher quality game released this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom