• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-16 TV Cancellations: The Beast, having been fed, asks waiter for his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

I thought it had a solid shot at renewal, but wouldn't have been shocked by its cancellation. If I was the TV Reaper I think it'd have gotten 3 of those rating emojis.
It was a certain renewal. It is cheap, it is easy to sell, it gets good rating. Anyone who thought otherwise, isn't a good predictor.

Thanks for the answers. Either way, all that matters to me is that it got renewed.

Sober

Honestly anyone with even 10 posts in this thread (even if all 10 posts were asking when StarCrossed is coming back) would be a better TV Reaper than this guy.

Hell even TheOddOne would be better.

kurahador

Oh god...CW renew The 100??? The show has been a constant trainwreck since last season. I was hoping they would end it this season.

TheOddOne

Honestly anyone with even 10 posts in this thread (even if all 10 posts were asking when StarCrossed is coming back) would be a better TV Reaper than this guy.

TheOddOne
We'll even take him over the TV Reaper, albeit reluctantly.

The ratings bother me but I've never had any serious doubts Crazy Ex-Girlfriend wouldn't get a second season, I expected at worst they'd give it 13 episodes and push it back until next summer. Really happy it's official now though that it is coming back along with everything else, even the shows I don't watch.

As for thinking, especially for The CW, yeah... That should've been learned last year when they renewed everything.

kevin1025

Banned
The ratings bother me but I've never had any serious doubts Crazy Ex-Girlfriend wouldn't get a second season, I expected at worst they'd give it 13 episodes and push it back until next summer. Really happy it's official now though that it is coming back along with everything else, even the shows I don't watch.

As for thinking, especially for The CW, yeah... That should've been learned last year when they renewed everything.

Outside of The Messengers last summer, The CW is very confident in its slate the past couple of years, which is very good news for fans and very good/great shows!

Guys, when Star-Crossed Ringer is coming back?

Ringer coming back is choppier than the CG water in the pilot.

I wanted to make a Ringer joke, too.

Joni

Star Crossed should come back. I think that makes it my tenth one. Still, we are getting a new Star Crossed.

Star-Crossed would've been better if it wasn't such a dreadfully boring teen drama mixed with Alien Nation, it didn't start to get even slightly interesting until the last few episodes and by then it was far too late. Hot CW aliens who look just like humans but with some relatively minor marks that look like faded ink stamping is only topped by the CW version of the "Beast" in Beauty and the Beast.

I could swear they did the whole "person sees/watches the guy/girl they're in love with out of their view with someone else" thing in like three straight episodes or at least back to back episodes.

Joni

Then you will be happy to watch Still Star-Crossed soon on ABC?
It is a shonda produced show that sounds and casted like a CW show. Clearly there on day one.

Also, not that anybody cares due to absolutely no important things happening:

Fasts-Demo-2016-Mar-FRI.11.png

Also, as usual, Shonda shows do great in L+3. Quantico as well.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/03/12/broadcast-live-3-ratings-feb-29-march-6-2016/#

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Dr. Ken is lookin' a little shaky

Oh, and everyone prepare yourselves for suddenly lower ratings across the board, as the U.S. began Daylight Saving Time on Sunday morning. Ratings typically drop after DST takes effect.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"Second Chance is only going to get a first..." or something along those lines. I'm just waiting to wake up to that one of these days.

What are we thinking about Sleepy Hollow? Fox brings it back, keeps it on Friday nights? That sounds plausible.

ivysaur12

Banned
"Second Chance is only going to get a first..." or something along those lines. I'm just waiting to wake up to that one of these days.

What are we thinking about Sleepy Hollow? Fox brings it back, keeps it on Friday nights? That sounds plausible.

Yes. I think so.

It's doing fine and shows are stupid expensive to cancel in season 3.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I never really dug into Season 3 of Sleepy Hollow much. How is it? An improvement over S2 at least? I still have it on the DVR.

I lost interest mid-way through this season, but I've heard it has gotten better. Personally, I've given up on the show ever being as fun as it was during Season 1.

I still have a soft spot for it though. I could see myself binge watching S3 on Hulu this summer, when most of my Must Watch TV shows are on break.

Sober

I never really dug into Season 3 of Sleepy Hollow much. How is it? An improvement over S2 at least? I still have it on the DVR.
If you are expecting season 1 craziness, not there anymore. But the cast has good chemistry (even with the extra people they added in) and it's still a pretty good urban fantasy Supernatural-like kind of show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom