• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-16 TV Cancellations: The Beast, having been fed, asks waiter for his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yes, and yes!

Also quite happy the link told me how the season ends. Of course it's not really spoilers, but it's still sort of spoilers for the season itself. Fuck deadline.com.
The show's writers have been spoiling it in interviews for weeks. They seem to want viewers to be prepared.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't want to be prepared.

This is why I don't watch previews and interviews. Being prepared sucks.

I mean, I don't go to the end of a book and read the final chapter so I'm prepared before I start the story, dammit. :(

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I don't want to be prepared.

This is why I don't watch previews and interviews. Being prepared sucks.

I mean, I don't go to the end of a book and read the final chapter so I'm prepared before I start the story, dammit. :(
Sure, fair enough. I just know that as someone who doesn't watch the show and hasn't actually read any interviews, the spoiler has been plastered all over article headlines on sites and Twitter for a good while now.

Sure, fair enough. I just know that as someone who doesn't watch the show and hasn't actually read any interviews, the spoiler has been plastered all over article headlines on sites and Twitter for a good while now.

Sure, and most people surely know how that particular story ended anyway.

berzeli

Banned
The AV Club posted their (lengthy as hell) guide to fall TV:
Save the watercooler - The A.V. Club’s conversational guide to fall TV
I think you might have to log in to access it (might be a bug?), but it is so worth it for the snark:
As a dedicated source for post-show discussion, The A.V. Club thinks it’s only right that we help maintain television’s sense of conversation, community, and camaraderie. With that in mind, we’ve updated our traditional guide for the new TV season with suggested conversation starters based on the fall premieres. As you discover new favorites and fresh punching bags in September, October, November, and December, try peppering these bits of dialogue into everyday chit-chat to see who else is keeping up with what you’re keeping up with. Best case scenario: You’ve revived the spirit of the water cooler. Worst case scenario: Everybody thinks you’re a giant weirdo. But hey, they’re the ones not taking advantage of the most fertile television landscape in the medium’s history. So who’s the real weirdo there?
On The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey (CBS):
Potential conversation starters:
“Who killed JonBenét Ramsey?” “Children’s beauty pageants: creepy or totally okay?” “What classic case should CBS investigate and/or exploit next?”
On Lethal Weapon (Fox):
“How is it possible that the TV show is even blander than Lethal Weapon 4?” “Why does this exist?” “Where did Damon Wayans get that hat and shouldn’t someone take it away from him?” “No, but seriously, how is a police procedural with no real mythology and a premise that barely counts as an idea supposed to hold our interest?”
On Westworld (HBO):
“What could possibly go wrong?”

If Ratsky's excellent Fall TV guide wasn't enough for you check out the full article. It's pretty damn good.

maxcriden

Great AV Club article, thanks for the link!

I was confused by their description of Timeless, though:

"The more bombastic of network TV’s two time-travel shows this season (see also: Frequency), Timelessdrafts a historian (Abigail Spencer), a detective (Matt Lanter), and a scientist (Malcolm Barrett) to steer a giant eyeball-looking time machine around, trying to catch an evil mastermind (Goran Visnjic)."

Didn't Time After Time also get picked up to series?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yes, and yes!

Also quite happy the link told me how the season ends. Of course it's not really spoilers, but it's still sort of spoilers for the season itself. Fuck deadline.com.

I mean the Titanic is going to sink when it hits the iceberg and I don't think it makes sense for James Cameron to pretend it won't when he's marketing the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom