• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-16 TV Cancellations: The Beast, having been fed, asks waiter for his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rymuth

‘Pretty Little Liars’ To End With Season 7

They made seven season out of that premise?

And also, the key art for CW's Frequency sure is a ... thing
frequency-key-art.jpg
That movie is favorite of mine - can't believe they made a series of it, tho'...

Patryn

Which would rule out the CW superhero shows.

Agents of Shield looks more and more likely.

If it's Agents of Shield, I'm guessing they either got Chris Evans, RDJ or Tom Holland.

I'm thinking either Chris Evans or Tom Holland.

Also, when does the new version of this thread go up? Or will the tile just transition to reflect the new season?

G0523

Also, when does the new version of this thread go up? Or will the tile just transition to reflect the new season?

I imagine it's going to go up in a few weeks since the new season of TV shows won't start until near the end of this month.

kevin1025

Banned
If it's Agents of Shield, I'm guessing they either got Chris Evans, RDJ or Tom Holland.

I'm thinking it'll be Chris Evans now. They seem to be planting the seeds of him being
non-Captain America
now, and could incorporate that into the show.

Penguin

If it's AoS, I'd pimp that out to get an initial kick

Since if it's an one-off and get people to watch week 2/3 without them appearing again

I was never able to make it through the pilot but I'm kinda amazed how many seasons it has survived. Like Castle, it's a totally utility player that just kept chugging as the bottom fell out of the rest of the market

If grimm survived I don't know how Constantine didn't. Sure even if it wasn't the best Matt Ryan could carry it 4 seasons on his own.

Made it somewhere into. Maybe s2 with grimm and dropped it. Keep intending to go back but then realise I don't know if I even want to.

EulaCapra

Goddamit, I really loved Devious Maids. It was basically Desperate Housewives Rebirth. It was consistently funny and had some really clever twists. This past season got even better now that the entire ensemble outside the core four intermingled.

And also... we got a cliffhanger. Fuck.

Pachimari

I'm still stuck on this Supergirl shit, and then I want to finish The Originals and The Vampire Diaries before the new seasons of all the shows starts. Probably gonna be a drag.

Also thanks for the Fall TV OT!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's a show that just came out on BBC called Lost Sitcoms, where the idea is to just "restage" an episode of a sitcom that everyone has forgotten about.

It's a neat idea and I think I'd like to see an American version of the format, but I don't know if there's really anyone who cares enough about TV history to want to redo episodes of I Love Lucy or Honeymooners or whatever.

LycanXIII

If the MCU movies and the TV series are two separate things, why would a big name actor appear in the show?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You fools. If its Agenta of Shield its obviously Nick Cage passing the Ghost Rider torch to the new kid!

maeh2k

Aside from Stump's Obama guess, I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas that would qualify as "a spit-take-worthy shock to end all spit-take-worthy shocks" or "one of the coolest, most surprising casting stunts of the year".

Nowadays it's not uncommon for big A-list actors to appear on TV shows. It would have to be something bigger than that.

I was thinking maybe Taylor Swift on Grey's Anatomy, but even that doesn't seem like a "sipt-take-worthy shock". ... maybe Taylor Swift as Obama? ;p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Aside from Stump's Obama guess, I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas that would qualify as "a spit-take-worthy shock to end all spit-take-worthy shocks" or "one of the coolest, most surprising casting stunts of the year".

Nowadays it's not uncommon for big A-list actors to appear on TV shows. It would have to be something bigger than that.

I was thinking maybe Taylor Swift on Grey's Anatomy, but even that doesn't seem like a "sipt-take-worthy shock". ... maybe Taylor Swift as Obama? ;p

Maybe they're reviving a famous dead actor via cgi?

faridmon

farid pls. They have iZombie farid. iZombie.

I have to admit, That show is well respected and liked (although I am not fan of it myself) but its more of a anomaly.

I suppose you don't watch on Mondays like we learned people do.

What shows are we talking about here? The 100?

Also, I have started to take Gaffers less seriously after people kept recommending me Supergirl.

and its fucking shite.

vypek

Whenever we find out about that special casting, can someone post it here? Have no idea where I'd see news about it otherwise. Unless its so big that it ends up all over news but I kind of doubt that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I have to admit, That show is well respected and liked (although I am not fan of it myself) but its more of a anomaly.

What shows are we talking about here? The 100?

Mondays were Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, more shows that don't fit that "beautiful people comic book" mould.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

One thing to keep in mind is that it's Ausiello. Wild hyperbole is pretty much his default. There's a solid chance it'll be a big nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom