• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-16 TV Cancellations: The Beast, having been fed, asks waiter for his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned

At first I read it as though it would be a regular role on the show, then it mentioned how it was already filmed so I guess it's more a guest starring thing or even a cameo?

*checks September premieres*

The ones that could pull off stunt casting and it would work is Scream Queens (and given the setting this year it could work well), Agents of SHIELD might grab Downey Jr and maybe even Spidey, or Brooklyn Nine-Nine got a pretty nice celebrity cameo for an episode.

Or Dr Ken got Bradley Cooper, because why not.

KonradLaw

Someone should do a proper WoD adaptation. Heck, buy the rights for Bloodlines and adapt that.

The first tv adaptation of Vampire wasn't bad. It's a shame the lead actor died because I felt it could have evolved into something great.

But yeah..WoD adaptation....imagine it set up like CW does superheroes. Separate shows about vampires, werewolves, mages and changelings..with crossovers.. that would be incredible.

Joni

FNL is god tier television.

I wish I could watch it again for the first time.

Amazing show. Just binged it a few months ago. I highly recommend sticking with it throughout the entire series. Such amazing work by the cast.

I adore that show. I regret not going to the open casting calls when I lived in Austin. They were always looking for people to play students in the high school scenes. And they filmed them on...Friday Nights! It's like poetry.

Once of the greats IMO. I hope you enjoy it immensely.

Eleven days later, I can only agree. Goes into my alltime list of drama stuff. It leaves a bit of an emotional void. I do find the likeness to One Tree Hill similar: goes very heavily in the sports element during the first season, dials it back until the old cast gets replaced. Thank god this one holds up better without the sports. Going over to genre stuff now, Warehouse 13 first. The only thing even somewhat comparable to Friday Night Lights that I have left in my backlog is Gilmore Girls.

Seems like she will be a regular on Notorious. As if having Piper Perabo wasn't enough reason for me to give it a chance.

Karu

Eleven days later, I can only agree. Goes into my alltime list of drama stuff. It leaves a bit of an emotional void. I do find the likeness to One Tree Hill similar: goes very heavily in the sports element during the first season, dials it back until the old cast gets replaced. Thank god this one holds up better without the sports. Going over to genre stuff now, Warehouse 13 first. The only thing even somewhat comparable to Friday Night Lights that I have left in my backlog is Gilmore Girls.

Seems like she will be a regular on Notorious. As if having Piper Perabo wasn't enough reason for me to give it a chance.
Have yoy seen Parenthood? Same showrunner as FNL if Im not mistaken... and it's mostly great.

Joni

Have yoy seen Parenthood? Same showrunner as FNL if Im not mistaken... and it's mostly great.
Good to know, added to Amazon wishlist so I don't forget to buy it.

Surprised no pilots (as far as I know of) didn't leak this year, seems like the first time in awhile it hasn't happened.
It does kind of reinforce the idea that the leaks last year were very much on purpose to generate buzz for certain good shows.

I imagine the big guest star will be on the CW, the "Big 5" is not a reference thats used that often.
It is for professional reporters that know The CW deserves to be there.
TVLine tends to use big 5 in all its Blind Items
. Still; there are only 60 candidates or so. 16 on CBS, 7 on The CW, 15 on ABC, 11 on FOX, 8 on NBC by quick estimates. I wonder if they are mean and it is something small like Nina Dobrev on Vampire Diaries.

berzeli

Banned
qiYM8iL.gif
Netflix Boards CBC Moira "remember, I got an Emmy for Ozymandias" Walley-Beckett’s ‘Anne Of Green Gables’ Adaptation; Niki Caro To Helm Premiere
Netflix has joined with Canada’s CBC and Miranda de Pencier’s Northwood Entertainment on upcoming drama series Anne. From showrunner Moira Walley-Beckett, it’s based on Lucy Maud Montgomery’s classic novel Anne Of Green Gables and now has Niki Caro (Whale Rider) aboard to direct the two-hour premiere episode. The series was originally greenlit by the CBC in January and will air next year. Netflix has it globally outside Canada.

Breaking Bad alum Walley-Beckett is writing the entire first eight-episode season with de Pencier’s Northwood producing. A start date has been scheduled for next month in Ontario.
Yas!

maxcriden

I wonder if they are mean and it is something small like Nina Dobrev on Vampire Diaries.

This is my prediction as well. Just reached the halfway mark of the previous TVD/TO seasons. I guess there won't be any indication for it during these seasons otherwise it wouldn't be a blind item surprise.

And I'll second the Parenthood recommendation. It does take some time to get going, and it has some low points (more than FNL IMO), but it's still very enjoyable and well worth watching, and unlike just about anything else on TV.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm the worst Canadian. I didn't give a shit about the Hip concert on Saturday and I don't give a shit about Anne.

Pluto

It is for professional reporters that know The CW deserves to be there.
TVLine tends to use big 5 in all its Blind Items
. Still; there are only 60 candidates or so. 16 on CBS, 7 on The CW, 15 on ABC, 11 on FOX, 8 on NBC by quick estimates. I wonder if they are mean and it is something small like Nina Dobrev on Vampire Diaries.
The producers talk openly about trying to get her back, I doubt the blind item is about something that's exoected anyway, no one would be tnat suprised if Nina Dobrev shows up again.

It's either something no one is thinking about like Meryl Streep doing an episode of iZombie or Katherine Heigl returning to Grey's for a guest appearance.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We can rule out iZombie for one, as it's going to be a mid-season. I believe the blind item was for a show premiering in the fall.

That's probably the right track, though. Maybe Crazy Ex-Girlfriend got Neil Patrick Harris or Bette Midler.

Joni

The producers talk openly about trying to get her back, I doubt the blind item is about something that's exoected anyway, no one would be tnat suprised if Nina Dobrev shows up again.

It's either something no one is thinking about like Meryl Streep doing an episode of iZombie or Katherine Heigl returning to Grey's for a guest appearance.

That is why it would be mean. We are expecting her for the finale.

I really liked this show at times, but he really lost me in the second episode this season. It was based on some vaguely inappropriate tweet about women that he got twitter hate for. IMO the tweet was not that bad, but instead of moving on, he made this entire episode where he was put on an actual trial for this tweet, and the whole thing was stocked with stereotypically shrill PC caricatures. As a response, it was more offensive to me than that tweet (which I'd never heard about). It seemed to veer into self-serving gator territory, and I was pretty disappointed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I really liked this show at times, but he really lost me in the second episode this season. It was based on some vaguely inappropriate tweet about women that he got twitter hate for. IMO the tweet was not that bad, but instead of moving on, he made this entire episode where he was put on an actual trial for this tweet, and the whole thing was stocked with stereotypically shrill PC caricatures. As a response, it was more offensive to me than that tweet (which I'd never heard about). It seemed to veer into self-serving gator territory, and I was pretty disappointed.

I felt like the takeaway from the episode was both that he got too much flack AND that he himself was self-destructive in terms of his reaction and being an idiot. The show generally presents Jim as someone who is trying to be a nice and kind person, in contrast to Dave, who is a shock comic. I was surprised at the episode you mentioned because it's obviously a very controversial subject and I thought it handled it with a decent amount of grace.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
unreal season 2 is pretty over the top, but the ending was a stupid shit cherry on the turd blossom.

also the premise here is that LA TV news breaks from programming, live, to cover a single car car crash. are you kidding me?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No more Jim Gaffigan Show. RIP comedian passion projects.

http://tvline.com/2016/08/22/the-jim...son-3-tv-land/
Well, they're all on Netflix now. lol
(Except for The Carmichael Show... it's somehow the last one standing on normal TV).

Wow, CBC with the major talent get. Here in Canada CBC mostly goes for the fluffy types of shows, so I wonder if Anne of Green Gables will fall under that or be a little higher quality with the subject matter. They picked up their game a bit with X Company.
I'm assuming it's going to be of the Heartland/Road to Avonlea variety.
Besides, unless they have Anne hunt vampires, it's not like they will do anything really different with it. People in costumes in average looking sets with exteriors of PEI so that they can sell the show to the Japanese.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm assuming it's going to be of the Heartland/Road to Avonlea variety.
Besides, unless they have Anne hunt vampires, it's not like they will do anything really different with it. People in costumes in average looking sets with exteriors of PEI so that they can sell the show to the Japanese.

You're likely right! I'd give it a chance if it was going for that sort of angle, though I never did watch Heartland.

Starz' Survivor's Remorse has been renewed for a fourth season. (which is a good show that y'all need to be watching)

meh, I watched a season and a half and found it way too boring and emotional/drama. Much prefer Ballers, much higher acting quality and its actually fun to watch instead of depressing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
meh, I watched a season and a half and found it way too boring and emotional/drama. Much prefer Ballers, much higher acting quality and its actually fun to watch instead of depressing.

I think you've gotten the two shows mixed up. Ballers is the one on HBO that is a vapid pile of nothingness - the series devoid of humor, drama, substance. Survivor's Remorse is the other one.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The Rock smells what you are cooking!!

anyways Ray Donovan renewed for season 5 :( quality of the show has ended up in the toilet, just slightly above Sons of Anarchy. Only season that was good was season 1. I guess its not the drama that was going to get yanked.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ray-donovan-renewed-season-5-918983

My neighbor will be happy. He swears by the show and tries to get me to watch it everytime we talk.

I wonder what the show that is getting yanked is then? The Strain, maybe?

kevin1025

Banned
The Rock smells what you are cooking!!

anyways Ray Donovan renewed for season 5 :( quality of the show has ended up in the toilet, just slightly above Sons of Anarchy. Only season that was good was season 1. I guess its not the drama that was going to get yanked.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ray-donovan-renewed-season-5-918983

I really struggled at the end of the second season. It's killing me that Ian McShane is in the third season, it's making me want to watch. Once the original showrunner left, I've read so many articles about how the show nosedived, though.

Also, without Connie Britton I don't see Nashville continuing or at least going for much longer. She negotiated herself down to 10 of the 22 episode upcoming season, so that might be coming, especially with the move to CMT.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/24/nashville-connie-britton-date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom