• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-16 TV Cancellations: The Beast, having been fed, asks waiter for his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think there's like 2 people watching 19-2 but man the show is turning into a HK drama with cops turned secret mobsters and whatnot. lol

I think I just like it when they're just patrol cops doing their job (rip Southland), but why not I suppose.

Just waiting for saison trois of the French version to hit Netflix so I can finally finish it off.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ray Donovan was never, in any season, a good show, but it definitely improved once they ditched the original showrunner. Liev Schreiber is actually now allowed to express emotions other than "bored" and "severely constipated", for one thing.

kevin1025

Banned
Ray Donovan was never, in any season, a good show, but it definitely improved once they ditched the original showrunner. Liev Schreiber is actually now allowed to express emotions other than "bored" and "severely constipated", for one thing.

He looks a hell of a lot angrier in the trailers and ads. Ah, I'll give it a go once I close up one or two other shows!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
He looks a hell of a lot angrier in the trailers and ads. Ah, I'll give it a go once I close up one or two other shows!

Honestly, Ray Donovan should be at the bottom of anyone's 'To watch' list. There are so many other - significantly better - shows you could be spending your time on instead.

As for Ian McShane, sure he does an okay job acting wise, but his character (like all the characters on Ray Donovan) is so dull that his performance can't salvage it.

KonradLaw

The Rock smells what you are cooking!!

anyways Ray Donovan renewed for season 5 :( quality of the show has ended up in the toilet, just slightly above Sons of Anarchy. Only season that was good was season 1. I guess its not the drama that was going to get yanked.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ray-donovan-renewed-season-5-918983
Showtime needs something to put on the air till 2018, since that will be 5 years years since last Dexter season, which is probably enough for them to consider brining it back ;)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Showtime needs something to put on the air till 2018, since that will be 5 years years since last Dexter season, which is probably enough for them to consider brining it back ;)
Homeland: Season 8 in 2019 should be a crossover, with Carrie teaming up with Dexter to stop domestic eco-terrorists. His years as a lumberjack will provide crucial access to the sinister group.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Don't give Showtime any ideas. I've been seeing promos for the 10th anniversary of Dexter and I'm worried they'll announce a tv movie or something.

Joni

This is actually a decent pitch for a show.

Can't wait for five seasons of Carrie pining over Dexter, wondering if she should move on from Brody.

Don't give Showtime any ideas. I've been seeing promos for the 10th anniversary of Dexter and I'm worried they'll announce a tv movie or something.

They are bringing it back, they just don't know when yet. They are even considering rebooting from season 4.

KonradLaw

They are bringing it back, they just don't know when yet. They are even considering rebooting from season 4.

That would be terrible idea. If they reboot it Dexter is in the perfect place already. Without all the Miami bagage.
I wouldn't mind just one off fast paced series of Dexter in new town stumbling upon some killers and having his cravings awakened.
Show deserves better send off that what season 8 was.

I think the only episode of Dexter I watched was one of the ones when it went to network TV. And it was pretty bland, which I'm going to guess is because all the good parts got edited out.

If I decided to add it to my "holy shit there's so much TV on my backlog list," where should I STOP watching it, because I've heard the later seasons are pretty bad.

G0523

I think the only episode of Dexter I watched was one of the ones when it went to network TV. And it was pretty bland, which I'm going to guess is because all the good parts got edited out.

If I decided to add it to my "holy shit there's so much TV on my backlog list," where should I STOP watching it, because I've heard the later seasons are pretty bad.
Wasn't It just the first episode that aired on CBS? I remember watching that too because it was such an unusual time for TV because of the Writers Strike and thought some of the censorship was kinda funny.

KonradLaw

Watch first 4 seasons (S5 is fun watch, but optional), then last episode of S6, then season 7 and finally the last episode of S8.

ZeroX03

Banned

Hard to say, S6 and S8 are absolutely irredeemable trash. For safety's sake, finish after S4 but if you're curious take a run at S5 and S7.

Watch first 4 seasons (S5 is fun watch, but optional), then last episode of S6, then season 7 and finally the last episode of S8.

Yeah this. Just imagine what happens in the last episode of S6 happened in the last episode of S5 instead, it would've fit nicely.

Last episode of S8 is up there with HIMYM finale level of terrible mind you.

Hard to say, S6 and S8 are absolutely irredeemable trash. For safety's sake, finish after S4 but if you're curious take a run at S5 and S7.

Yeah this. Just imagine what happens in the last episode of S6 happened in the last episode of S5 instead, it would've fit nicely.

Last episode of S8 is up there with HIMYM finale level of terrible mind you.

Thanks!

Finally getting around to watching The Last Kingdom 15 minutes into the second episode but good lord the lame "fit for broadcast TV" language and even lamer Ragnars.

berzeli

Banned
‘Pretty Little Liars’ To End With Season 7
Freeform announced the news today during a Facebook live interview (you can watch the video below) with creator and showrunner I. Marlene King and cast members Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse. The final 10 episodes of Season 7, airing in April 2017, will conclude with a two-hour series finale.
They made seven season out of that premise?

And also, the key art for CW's Frequency sure is a ... thing
frequency-key-art.jpg

I just watched the trailer for Frequency. Creepy. I get a Timescape (Gregory Benford novel) vibe. I can see it becoming extremely complicated with the overlapping timeshifts though.

Might check it out.

Vlad

I was never able to make it through the pilot but I'm kinda amazed how many seasons it has survived. Like Castle, it's a totally utility player that just kept chugging as the bottom fell out of the rest of the market

The show has more than its fair share of issues, but I always found it charming enough that I'm somewhat sad to see it go, even if the way they handle storytelling can be downright maddening at times.

I think what really helps is that most of the supporting characters are at least amusing, even if they're often stuck in terrible plotlines (although the main character's girlfriend tends to just get stuck with the awful plotlines). I'm actually really going to miss Monroe (the vegetarian, clock-repairing werewolf). Something about the way Silas Weir Mitchell plays him has always been really endearing.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ausiello confirmed that CBS was not the home of the show doing this casting stunt. So that leaves ABC, Fox, NBC, and The CW.

I'm betting on one of the comic shows. So either ABC or CW. Leaning more towards CW.

I still want to know the show that is You'reAlreadyDead.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Dennis Hastert visits Orlando for a very special episode of Fresh Off the Boat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Americans Season 3 on netflix finally oh yeeeeeah baby, I missed this one

Joni

Oh lord that reminds me, cancellation thread is gonna need a renewal for next season. Time sure does fly.

Maybe a more generic name this time around? Like 2016-2017 Television Discussion?
It also reminds me, I need to set up another TVD thread. And probably look at those for No Tomorrow and Frequency if no one else takes them. OTs go up one week before the show airs, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom