• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 is Absolutely Stacked

Famassu

No way uncharted 4 and until dawn are 2015 ... I think 2016. but pls prove me wrong.
Uncharted 3 was released in 2011. 2015 would mean 4 years between Naughty Dog developed Uncharteds. No way are they taking any longer than that. It will be released in late 2015. The Order was probably originally supposed to fill the quota of cinematic shooter for PS4 in late 2014, but that got delayed, yet I don't think it means anything for Uncharted's release date.

PS4

Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
The Order 1886
Ratchet and Clank Redux
Tearaway Unfolded
Persona 5
Ys
Disgaea 5
Until Dawn
No Mans Sky
Rime
The Tomorrow Children
Indies(The Witness, Soma, Hotline Miami 2)
probably more unannounced games (GT7?, GG New IP?, TLG?)

Oh yeah! Ys is coming out on that!

Slixshot

Banned
My first year out of college, living at home and starting a dope job that pays well. 2015 will be a fuckin amazing year.

Miles X

They did, in a way.

Exclusive DLC, exclusive beta (ridiculous) and a marketing deal. That's the best they could get.

Or they didn't want it because it was suppose to release this fall, and they have enough already. I reckon if MS knew it was gonna be a Q1/Q2 title they would have gone after it seeing how lacking their line up is for that period.

Simzyy

SMTxFE-Announce.jpg

Surely....surely this is a 2015 title. Please.

Servbot24

Banned
Bloodborne, MGSV and Uncharted 4 are Day 1. Everything else is wait and see. Hopefully Zelda hypes me up enough to buy day 1 but at the moment it's not looking that good.

GeoramA

Gonna be so damn broke :(

PSN alone is freaking stacked (NMS, Rime, Tomorrow Children, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Salt & Sanctuary, Grim Fandango, Axiom Verge...and that's just a small fraction of what's coming)

Jb

The Witcher 3
Metal Gear Solid 5
Evolve
Star Wars Battlefront
Bloodborne
Persona 5
No Mans Sky
The Tomorrow Children
The Witness
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Zelda U
Xenoblade X

This right here would be a fantastic list of games to savour over an entire generation. To potentially get them all in one year is just insane. Such a good time to be in love with gaming.

Or they didn't want it because it was suppose to release this fall, and they have enough already. I reckon if MS knew it was gonna be a Q1/Q2 title they would have gone after it seeing how lacking their line up is for that period.

You can never have too many exclusives. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get exclusivity though, seems like the kind of game they'd want in their collection.

AdanVC

The hell?? If all of those games comes in 2015 then is gonna be the best year in gaming ever and I will try my best to support the majority of them just so we can continue having years as exciting as 2015 seems it will be. Zelda U, Uncharted 4 and Halo 5... The 3 biggest exclusives of each console on the same year?. DAMN! :D

Famassu

Is FF XV actually coming out next year? If so its also on my list.
It could be. They are starting to so much of it that it's not outside the realm of possibility that it is a late 2015 release. The worst case scenario, in my opinion, is still March 2016. They need to have a big game for their next fiscal year and there's really nothing else from SQEX Japan that fits the bill until March 2016.

Miles X

You can never have too many exclusives. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get exclusivity though, seems like the kind of game they'd want in their collection.

I think it would have been lost (even as a multiplat). Only so many $$$ to go around, exactly why so many games get pushed back into the next year claiming "much needed polish".

Chobel

You're saying they got Dead Rising, Titanfall, Scalebound, Tomb Raider ect, but can't get Evolve? Uh huh.

Xbox Division don't have infinite fund and even then money can't buy everything, there's something called the future of the franchise where you risk killing your game potential by limiting it to single audience; and in this case it is the smallest audience.

Zalman

I'm grabbing:

Multiplats
Metal Gear Solid 5
Batman Arkham Knight

PS4
Uncharted 4
Ratchet and Clank Redux
Tearaway Unfolded
Persona 5

Wii U
Zelda U
Xenoblade X
Yoshis Wooly World
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Captain Toad
Star Fox (missing from the OP)

Good year for me.

For some reason my brain has been settling more for sandbox-type stuff lately, so No Mans Sky and Project Cars. Will probably end up using vacation days to play Persona 5. Curious about Tomorrow Children. Don't even have a PS4 yet but have the Bloodborne steelbook pre-ordered.

I'm in for Disgaea 5 for sure - that'll be the system seller for me if I still haven't picked one up by then.
I like the way you think! I don't expect a lot out of JRPSs at the start of a generation (PS3 was exceptionally horrible) but I like to support NIS titles.

Famassu

If it is it's probable it will be only in Japan and early 2016 in the west.
It's not at all probable, though. FFXIV was released simultaneously everywhere, FFType-0 HD is actually being released first outside Japan. It would make sense for FFXV to be a ~simultaenous worldwide release, especially considering consoles' sad state in Japan in comparison to them thriving in the west.

WJD

Holy shit, every time I look at 2015 it seems like its going to be one of those years that you look back on as one of the best years in gaming.

All this and I'm ignoring PC and handheld.

Not listed are ports/remasters or games that have not said they are aiming for 2015. Also any form of exclusivity (i.e. timed) I'm just referring to as exclusive

Multiplats

The Witcher 3
Star Wars Battlefront
Batman Arkham Knight

PS4

Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Ratchet and Clank Redux
No Mans Sky

XB1

Quantum Break
Halo 5
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Indies(Inside, Below, Cuphead)

WiiU

The ones I care about.

Hype/interest in that game seems to be dead since Bloodbourne made its debut and since the news about it being F2P broke...

Ono will almost certainly be presented it at the PS Experience, so I think that'll be a big moment for it. Detailing exactly how the F2P model will work will go a long way in relieving or confirming fears that many have about it. That model can work well or completely ruin the experience.

I think it would have been lost (even as a multiplat). Only so many $$$ to go around, exactly why so many games get pushed back into the next year claiming "much needed polish".

That's a good point.

Still looking good for me, at least being F2P I can play it before I spend money on whatever they offer for it.

Oh sure, I'll definitely check it out with it being F2P (even though I generally hate the idea), hopefully the microtransactions won't be too intrusive, but it is Capcom...

Ono will almost certainly be presented it at the PS Experience, so I think that'll be a big moment for it. Detailing exactly how the F2P model will work will go a long way in relieving or confirming fears that many have about it. That model can work well or completely ruin the experience.

Yeah, I'm kinda expecting the worst since it's Capcom, but who knows, they might surprise everyone. I'm interested to see how it looks visually now, looked incredible the last time we saw it.

Salex_

The hell?? If all of those games comes in 2015 then is gonna be the best year in gaming ever and I will try my best to support the majority of them just so we can continue having years as exciting as 2015 seems it will be. Zelda U, Uncharted 4 and Halo 5... The 3 biggest exclusives of each console on the same year?. DAMN! :D

All 3 of them coming out during the holidays would be pretty crazy. I can already imagine the amount of threads talking about those games, especially if they happen to all come out in November.

It's not at all probable, though. FFXIV was released simultaneously everywhere, FFType-0 HD is actually being released first outside Japan. It would make sense for FFXV to be a ~simultaenous worldwide release, especially considering consoles' sad state in Japan in comparison to them thriving in the west.

Type-0 has been reportedly translated for ages hasn't it? And XIV is an MMO so I can see that having a different approach. Sure, I HOPE XV has a simultaneous launch but I certainly ain't holding my breath.

Also this is just an asspull but they might not want to release it too close to Tomb Raider in the west if the game was actually coming out in 2015.

Daedardus

We've been here before. Last year. And the year before. And the year before that one too. And the twenty years before that too.

1/3rd will get delayed, 1/3rd will turn out not-so-great, and everyone will complain that the remaining 1/3rd is a barren schedule.

Sami+

I'm in for...

Bloodborne
MGSV
Star Wars Battlefront
Arkham Knight
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
No Man's Sky
Rime
The Tomorrow Children
Tearaway Unfolded
Ratchet and Clank
Hotline Miami 2
Zelda U
Xenoblade X

... Damn, lol.

Famassu

Has there ever been a legitimately bad year for gaming?
Maybe for people with limited tastes and/or only 1 or 2 (failed, dying or early day) platforms. But for anyone with maybe 2+ consoles/handhelds (with any level of healthy success behind them as well as good amount of life still ahead of them) and a PC... not really. There's always been plenty to be excited about, though sometimes less spectacles and more smaller games.

We've been here before. Last year. And the year before. And the year before that one too. And the twenty years before that too.

1/3rd will get delayed, 1/3rd will turn out not-so-great, and everyone will complain that the remaining 1/3rd is a barren schedule.

Delays will obviously happen. But a good chunk of those games are due early in the year. So even when the delays do happen, it's unlikely that those games will fall into 2016.

vypek

Do I need to play SMT series or other Persona games to play Persona 5? Im interested it but generally hate jumping into a series out of order

Phil4000

You forgot the most important platform PC
- Star Citizen
- Elite Dangerous
- Fortnite
- Roller Coaster Tycoon World
- The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
- Pillars of Eternity
- Homeworld Remastered
- Killing Floor 2
- Unreal Tournament
- Total War: Attila
- Heroes of the Storm
- Wreckfest

These are just a handful of the vast number of exclusives coming to PC next year.
please be excited!

And the Hardware =)
- Oculus Rift (CV1)
- Steam Controller
- first round of Steam Machines
- yearly refresh of Nvidia/AMD hardware (GPUs, Nvidia Gsync monitors)
- SSD refresh and hardware price drops

PC never stops pushing the limits!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Honestly I think this is going to be a year of exceptional hard choices. Way too much stuff crammed in due to it being one of "those" years where the worlds top game dev talent seems to have synchronised schedules so everything releases after the same 2-3 year cycle.

MGS5, Bloodborne, MonHun4U, Batman Arkham Knight, Persona 5, No Mans Sky, Rime, Tomorrow Children, Tearaway Unfolded, Splatoon, Uncharted 4...

and thats all before I get through a backlog including Shadows of Mordor, Bayonetta 2, maybe Lords of Fallen, and so on.

Top Bottom