• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 is Absolutely Stacked

Turtle Rock, worked exclusively on XB360 with L4D, new studio, hardly difficult for them to moneyhat that if they wanted too.

L4D was exclusive because Valve didn't want to work on the PS3 at the time. They didn't like the architecture, so it became an exclusive through that alone.

Miles X

The X1 lineup is honestly why I'll never be an Xbox gamer. Not bashing anything, but I look at that list and there is almost zero there for me. For some reason those games don't excite me. Halo will probably be good but never been a fan of the series, TR is some bullshit, but I'll wait on that, and I have a passing interest in Below. But the rest?

Might as well not exist for me.

While on that PS4 list, I want 85% of that shit. Ratchet, Ys, and Teraway are mehh from me. The rest? FUCK YES!!

I can believe this (as it's the opposite for me) I think MS and Sony exclusives are very carefully chosen to appeal to their userbase.

L4D was exclusive because Valve didn't want to work on the PS3 at the time. They didn't like the architecture, so it became an exclusive through that alone.

I'm not talking about why it was exclusive. Just that fact that it was.

Philippo

No way i'm gonna have time and money for more than a game a month.
So my 2015 is gonna be something like:
January - DA:I
February - AC:U
March/April - The Witcher 3
May - FFT0HD
June - MGSV (assuming its out before)
July - Bloodborne
August - None
September - Hyper Light Drifter + Grim Fandango
October - Rime + No Man's Sky

November and December are still up in the air, if Division and Uncharted Saga Remaster are a thing for Fall, then maybe those.
FFXV or Persona 5 would be a dream.

hemtae

What?
Might and Magic X Legacy, Divinity Original Sin, Dragon Age Inquisition, Legend of Grimrock 2, Wasteland 2 and i'm probably forgetting something too.

I'm not sure what that "What?" Is about since we seem to be in agreement. :p

I probably just worded something horribly.

Teeth

2015, like every year, will have at least half of the "sure shots" be disappointing or downright bad.

Then half of the remaining best bets will be divisive.

Then half of those remaining will be delayed til 2016.

Of what is left, your individual tastes will find a couple of them good, the rest alright.

Just like every year.

Just like every year.

Salex_

Since I'm finally playing other games besides fighting games and LoL/recently HearthStone, there's a good amount of games I'm interested in next year.

For PS4:
Bloodborne
Persona 5
The Tomorrow Children
Rime
Tearaway Unfolded
Ratchet & Clank (considering)
Uncharted 4 (considering)

Hoping Gravity Rush 1/2 PS4 gets announced for Q3-Q4. It had a great foundation and I think the IP can be pretty successful if they promote it and make overall improvements on the sequel.

Heavily considering getting a Wii U for the holidays since I have the money and Smash Bros + Guilty Gear Xrd combo would be pretty amazing for the next 2 years. I'd be learning both of the series from scratch on a competitive mindset.

For Wii U:
Zelda U
Xenoblade X
Splatoon
Mario Party 10 (if there's online)

Not really interested in the multiplat list. I'd try MGSV if I could play all the previous games on PS4 or PC .

Ont

PS4
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
The Order 1886
Ratchet and Clank Redux
Tearaway Unfolded
Persona 5
Until Dawn
No Mans Sky
The Witness
Rime
The Tomorrow Children
probably more unannounced games (GT7?, GG New IP?,
TLG?
)

XB1

Quantum Break
Halo 5
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fable Legends
Screamride
probably Forza 6

You made PS4 2015 lineup look more promising than X1 lineup by omitting many major X1 exclusives (Ori, Crackdown, Scalebound, and Phantom Dust to name few), listing a multiplatform game as PS4 only game (No Man's Sky will be released on PC). Surely other platforms are getting their share of unannounced games too?

You made PS4 2015 lineup look more promising than X1 lineup by omitting many major, X1 exclusives (Ori, Crackdown, Scalebound, and Phantom Dust to name few), listing a multiplatform games as PS4 only game (No Man's Sky will be released on PC). Surely other platforms are getting their share of unannounced games too?

Ori is this year.

Scalebound, PD and CD aren't confirmed for 2015 either, at least one or two of them will be 2016.

PD has the most chance of making it next year due to it being a smaller project compared to the other two games.

To me, gaming is already fucking stacked. I got Lords of the Fallen with Sunset Overdrive and Legend of Korra recently, finished Evil Within a week ago and ordered Bayo 2 yesterday as well as pre-ordered COD advanced warfare which releases NOV 3, then AC Unity + Masterchief Collection releasing on NOV 11. Then of course we got Dragon Age, FC4, The Crew, Super Smash, Captain Toad and KH2.5HD coming as well. JEEZAZ

c369edc17c92436ff9d2ede95a4d8d0f3758c9366180075415209c52dcedd50d.jpg

Cavalier

Banned
Let's trim the fat here and keep the essentials:

PS4

Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
The Order 1886
Ratchet and Clank Redux
No Mans Sky

XB1

Quantum Break
Halo 5
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fable Legends
Inside
Below

If The Order and Bloodborne review very well, 2015 would be the year I pick up a PS4 again since I can't buy a $400 system just for Uncharted 4.

Philippo

You made PS4 2015 lineup look more promising than X1 lineup by omitting many major X1 exclusives (Ori, Crackdown, Scalebound, and Phantom Dust to name few), listing a multiplatform games as PS4 only game (No Man's Sky will be released on PC). Surely other platforms are getting their share of unannounced games too?

Are those even 2015 games?
I understood that CGI trailers meant they're still early in production, and aimed for 2016.

I'm not talking about why it was exclusive. Just that fact that it was.

But why it was is important. It wasn't due to Turtle Rock having any sort of affinity for MS or the Xbox, or even MS moneyhatting the game, it was just due to Valve having no interest in working on the platform at the time. This game is being published by 2K. Why in the world would they pass up a PS4 version?

TheMoon

You made PS4 2015 lineup look more promising than X1 lineup by omitting many major X1 exclusives (Ori, Crackdown, Scalebound, and Phantom Dust to name few), listing a multiplatform games as PS4 only game (No Man's Sky will be released on PC). Surely other platforms are getting their share of unannounced games too?

I don't think OP was looking for a complete list of games. If that were the case there are bunch of Wii U exclusives missing, too. I think OP was just going for a bunch of big name games to rep each platform. This shouldn't escalate into platform wars.

You made PS4 2015 lineup look more promising than X1 lineup by omitting many major, X1 exclusives (Ori, Crackdown, Scalebound, and Phantom Dust to name few), listing a multiplatform games as PS4 only game (No Man's Sky will be released on PC). Surely other platforms are getting their share of unannounced games too?

This is only for 2015, those games are 2016. Also, I said that PC is ignored so any exclusive console/timed I just referred to as exclusive (so Tomb Raider, No Mans Sky etc)
Also I think Ori is still in 2014.

Miles X

Take 2 is the publisher, so it's not just some small studio.

And they've negotiated deals with T2 before (GTA DLC), Capcom, EA, Ubisoft, Epic ...

Evolve isn't going to be some huge franchise, if MS showed enough interesting it's possible it could have been an exclusive. I think it's a strong possibility.

Gruco

Banned
No Mans Sky
Rime
The Witness
Zelda U
Xenoblade X
Splatoon

All on my radar. No Man's Sky out of all of those is the one I'm most skeptical about, but the potential is definitely there. Plus a few other indies that weren't listed like Cosmic Star Heroine, A Hat in Time, Mighty No 9, and Paradise Lost.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Other than Unchared 4, and Bloodborne, Sony's lineup looks weak to me. I hope we get something from SSM.

Famassu

I would be so happy if all of these games actually came out in 2015.
Quite many of those games have already been delayed once so they probably won't be delayed any more, others have release dates so early in the year that even if they are delayed it's doubtful that they'd be delayed so much that they wouldn't be released in 2015, some are games so long in the making that they will have to have a very troublesome development not to make it in 2015, a few are such simple games that it would be quite a feat to have them be delayed so much that they wouldn't make it in 2015 (Captain Toad) and most of the rest are yearly franchises so something pretty big would need to happen for them to not make it for another yearly game in 2015.

Turkoop

Banned
For me

Day ZERO:
Dead Island 2
Dying Light
Everybodys Gone to the Rapture
Evolve
Homefront the Revolution
Kingdom Come: Delivarance
No mans Sky
Rainbow Six Siege
Rime
The Division
The Order
The Witcher 3
UC4

Maybe:
Bloodborne - probably getting later
Star wars Battlefront

Percy

Banned
And they've negotiated deals with T2 before (GTA DLC), Capcom, EA, Ubisoft, Epic ...

Evolve isn't going to be some huge franchise, if MS showed enough interesting it's possible it could have been an exclusive. I think it's a strong possibility.

It's not though.

The Xbox One will have at least 1 more exclusive revealed next year. And honestly I hope Sony and MS don't release more games. 2015 is already too stacked and with both consoles I really won't be able to keep up.

Melchiah

Multiplats
The Witcher 3
Batman Arkham Knight
REmake HD
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Dying Light
Dead Island 2
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
SOMA
The Witness

PS4
The Order: 1886
Bloodborne
Until Dawn
No Man's Sky
Rime
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Uncharted 4
WiLD

My wallet cries.

Let's trim the fat here and keep the essentials:

PS4

Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
The Order 1886
Ratchet and Clank Redux
No Mans Sky

XB1

Quantum Break
Halo 5
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fable Legends
Inside
Below

If The Order and Bloodborne review very well, 2015 would be the year I pick up a PS4 again since I can't buy a $400 system just for Uncharted 4.

Essentials is missing The Tomorrow Children, which other than Bloodborne, looks like the best and most creative thing to come out on any platform.

edit: Holy cow just realised you also ignored every Japanese game for PS4 bar Bloodborne, as well as Tearaway, and Until Dawn. What on earth is your qualification for being fat that needs to be trimmed beyond being and Xbox exclusive?

Well next year is looking promising in terms of what games I will be getting.

XB1
Halo 5
Screamride
Quantum Break
Maybe Fable Legends
Phantom Dust if it is next year.

Should be getting a PS4 early next year, so some games I'll be getting for it.

PS4
MGSV The Phantom Pain
The Order 1886
Rime
No Man's Sky
Persona 5
Disgaea 5

PC
The Witcher 3
Star wars Battlefront

Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Corpse Party Blood Drive, Danganronpa AE, Gravity Rush 2, Kingdom Hearts DDD HD yet to be announced for 2015 too! Believe :3

2015 will be GOAT material certainly. Then there is all the PC games you haven't listed. Pillars of Eternity for example.

I think I'm most excited for Persona 5 and MGSV.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yup, tons of stuff on the PC side. I expect to have a bunch of kickstarters finishing up in 2015.

I'm in for Disgaea 5 for sure - that'll be the system seller for me if I still haven't picked one up by then.

Famassu

Are those even 2015 games?
I understood that CGI trailers meant they're still early in production, and aimed for 2016.
2016 is pretty optimistic for Scalebound. Bayonetta 1 was released in 2009 and Kamiya's next game 4 years later in 2013 and Bayonetta 2 five years after the first one. Late 2016 is probably the best case scenario for Scalebound, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was as late as Q3/Q4 2017. It's probably pretty early in production and I'm not sure if they can make the game in ~2 years when they usually haven't been capable of doing so with games on inferior hardware.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gimme that MK X, Hotline Miami 2, Batman, and Witcher. nothing else matters.

and I doubt Persona comes out next year.

Game4life

Banned
You made PS4 2015 lineup look more promising than X1 lineup by omitting many major X1 exclusives (Ori, Crackdown, Scalebound, and Phantom Dust to name few), listing a multiplatform game as PS4 only game (No Man's Sky will be released on PC). Surely other platforms are getting their share of unannounced games too?

Scalebound is not 2015 I think. Phantom Dust? No Man's Sky is console exclusive just like Ryse and DR3 and Titanfall is console exclusive. Were they not considered xbox one exclusives here? I do agree though that games like Ori should definitely be included.

Edit Ori is this year apparently.

Top Bottom