• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

this motherfucker in Dexter season 1 is the actor they modeled the star wars force unleashed guy after and I cant unsee it.

its driving me nuts lol

On a related note, thank god we have moved past that "crossed arms in front of chest" pose for posters and covers. That was everywhere for years and looks so corny.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
has Mark Pellegrino ever played a good guy? Is such a thing even possible? The dude just looks like a creep, I mean no offense to the guy lol :(

file_205513_0_Mark_Pellegrino.jpg

Slayven

TBS came out of nowhere with these quality comedies.

The Guestbook is damn good.

I remember when they were the weird network that started shit at :05 on the hour

kevin1025

Banned
has Mark Pellegrino ever played a good guy? Is such a thing even possible? The dude just looks like a creep, I mean no offense to the guy lol :(

Jacob was kind of good, outside of his Ben troll.

He may have been good in Mulholland Drive, maybe they all deserved it, especially vacuum guy.

berzeli

Banned
A bunch of stuff got renewed at TCA, including Greenleaf. I'm stuck on mobile for a while so can't be bothered to post a list with links. I tried, failed, and as we all know; if you fail once you don't ever try again.

On a mostly unrelated note: it's cute how Sony are still trying to make Crackle a thing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
FX To Offer Premium, Ad-Free Platform For Comcast Subs

FX Networks says today that it will introduce a $5.99 a month service for Comcast’s Xfinity TV subscribers on September 5 enabling them to watch — in home, and on mobile devices — new and old episodes of its original shows, ad-free.

Programming will be available via Xfinity On Demand, the Xfinity Stream app and website, and FXNow. Some series will be available in 4K, and there’ll be opportunities for subscribers to temporarily download current season episodes for viewing when they don’t have an internet connection.

The initiative, called FX+, is similar to AMC Networks’ $4.99 AMC Premiere, launched in June.

vypek

TBS came out of nowhere with these quality comedies.

The Guestbook is damn good.

I remember when they were the weird network that started shit at :05 on the hour

I always feel like I'm too slow to watch them and miss out. I set guestbook in the DVR so I should be good. I might just start watching Wrecked without catching up on the episodes

ZeoVGM

Banned

Pellegrino was overall a good guy in Lost, which is probably where most people first saw him.

Edit: Yeah, outside of that one, "What about you?" line to Ben. Which is still one of my favorite line readings in television.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pellegrino was overall a good guy in Lost, which is probably where most people first saw him.

Edit: Yeah, outside of that one, "What about you?" line to Ben. Which is still one of my favorite line readings in television.

pretty sure the first time people saw him was as Lucifer in Supernatural

Shameless is back on November 5th. Just in the nick of time so I can put it on my top 10 once Ratsky does the 2017 thread.

Not sure anything else Showtime is making the list, except Twin Peaks as one of my three fails of course.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This episode of Mary Tyler Moore... Mary joins a club that doesn't let Jews in and that's considered the big "issue" episode. You even hear the audience make the gaspy-groany "shock" noise that audiences make whenever someone says something controversial.

It's kind of quaint, considering where we are now.

(Meanwhile there's only been one black character on the show so far, after 30+ episodes :p)

ryseing

On a mostly unrelated note: it's cute how Sony are still trying to make Crackle a thing.

Convenient- I need to complain about Crackle. Bored, so I thought I would give StartUp a shot. I open the PS4 app and the first thing I see is this obnoxious guy doing promos at a volume far louder than everything else. I then try to find StartUp and it's like a four step process. The app crashes while I'm watching, so I restart. Turns out I can't go to the individual part of the episode I was on. I have to FF, which takes quite a bit of time even at 16x. Just a poorly designed POS.

I kinda liked the pilot, but no show is worth dealing with such a shitty app.

"X-Files" hires 2 female directors in response to the all-male writing staff controversy.
The X-Files‘ upcoming 11th season will feature two episodes directed by women, TVLine has learned exclusively. One of the helmers, Carol Banker, has a long history with the franchise, having served as script supervisor on the mothership from 1999-2002 and a director on the short-lived spinoff The Lone Gunmen. X-Files newbie Holly Dale, meanwhile, has directed more than 100 hours of episodic TV, including such series as Being Erica, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Grimm, Timeless and Reign.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
As Seeso further winds down operations, insiders have confirmed that upcoming comedy “There’s…Johnny!” won’t launch at the end of the month as originally planned.

“There’s… Johnny!” was originally set to debut on August 24, but producers are now looking to find a new home for the period comedy.

The decision at Seeso to shelve “There’s… Johnny!” comes after other shows also haven’t premiered as planned, including Season 2 of Dan Harmon’s “HarmonQuest,” which was supposed to return at the end of July.

Source

RIP Seeso

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Convenient- I need to complain about Crackle. Bored, so I thought I would give StartUp a shot. I open the PS4 app and the first thing I see is this obnoxious guy doing promos at a volume far louder than everything else. I then try to find StartUp and it's like a four step process. The app crashes while I'm watching, so I restart. Turns out I can't go to the individual part of the episode I was on. I have to FF, which takes quite a bit of time even at 16x. Just a poorly designed POS.

I kinda liked the pilot, but no show is worth dealing with such a shitty app.

Crackle has a few decent shows. Art of More isn't bad. Comedians in Cars is good. StartUp was OK. Sequestered was surprisingly good. Sports Jeopardy!, obviously, is good. But it's a terrible service with bad app options. Absolutely should not exist, and I can't imagine it's actually delivering value for Sony.

Pluto

He played Kyra Sedgwick's lawyer for several episode's during The Closer's final season, he was a good guy there.

Rhaknar

Season 1 of Dexter in the books. It was... good. Not as good as I remember back in the day obviously, like I said before, there are a lot more "shut your brain off" moments than I seem to recall, but overall, its good. It's fun, Scott C Hall is great, the Icetruck Killer story is great, Deb's cursing is great.

It's still a easy recomendation for people that havent seen it I think. Also:

giphy.gif

Season 2 starts off with that FBI dude Lundy, I remember he was cool. And IIRC correctly Season 2 has the
psycho groupie that kills Doakes
right? What a waste of a character :(

Random bits of news:
FOX is planning to reboot 24 again.
Having previously announced that any new 24 would not continue the story of Corey Hawkins’ Eric Carter or any other characters from this year’s cancelled Legacy reboot, Walden said, “We’re really exploring what the future [of the series] might be,” noting it “might live on as a more anthological storytelling franchise.”
Having stuck “very close to what we did in the original,” Walden said, “Our goal was to do something different that extended the life of the franchise.”
Wayward Pines might get a Season 3.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Shameless is back on November 5th. Just in the nick of time so I can put it on my top 10 once Ratsky does the 2017 thread.

Not sure anything else Showtime is making the list, except Twin Peaks as one of my three fails of course.
I really wish they would have ended Shameless at Season 7. Would have been a great series finale.

Season 1 of Dexter in the books. It was... good. Not as good as I remember back in the day obviously, like I said before, there are a lot more "shut your brain off" moments than I seem to recall, but overall, its good. It's fun, Scott C Hall is great, the Icetruck Killer story is great, Deb's cursing is great.

It's still a easy recomendation for people that havent seen it I think. Also:

giphy.gif

Season 2 starts off with that FBI dude Lundy, I remember he was cool. And IIRC correctly Season 2 has the
psycho groupie that kills Doakes
right? What a waste of a character :(

S1/2 of Dexter are the GOATs, S3 was pretty good too

I get irrationally upset at the ending of S4

Edit: Bones had 12 seasons?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom