• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

t-ramp

It's almost fantasy football season, so this thread is for discussion and advice related to drafting, lineups, trades, and so on.

I know I'm doing one draft tomorrow afternoon, and possibly another sometime soon after. Hopefully this season goes better for me than last year's, which was quite mediocre despite getting lucky with a few mid-season grabs (Eifert, Rawls, Baldwin).

Although I don't have any particular draft strategy in mind, I think I may target Lamar Miller in the first round if I can get him. However, looking at my fantasy league now, we might be up to 14 teams this year. God, I hope not.

If someone already made such a thread, please disregard.

Last year's thread

Hazelhurst

You can't go wrong with Lamar Miller. I'm hoping he has a breakout year.

I've got a 12 team standard draft this Thursday. I'm planning on getting either Ezekiel, Adrian, Gurley, or Lamar with my first pick depending on draft position. I won't know my draft position until an hour before the draft.

Ezekiel's got the potential to be the number one running back (in Fantasy points) for the year. That's very hard to pass up. Obviously, there's a ton of risk drafting a rookie running back so early. That Dallas O-line takes some of the risk away.

Did my draft last night, I picked 4th overall. I wanted one of the 3 elite WR's. I thought I would get one of them because the guys in my league have historically favored RB's. But nope, Antonio Brown, ODB, and Julio Jones went one two three. I took Gurley over David Johnson because he has seen a lot more action as a starter and was a work horse who had a lot of success despite disappearing in some games towards the end of the season. It wasn't easy though because I honestly didn't think I'd have to decide between the two. Anyways, this is my draft

Capture.png

We play 3 defensive players(DL, LB, DB) so I drafted a couple of them towards the end. Left DL open for now since I want to see how some of these skill positions guys pan out first before I drop one of them to pick up a DL(which I might not even do). I wasn't too thrilled about some of my picks but felt their wasn't anybody better at the time. So any thoughts on my draft?

Darkman M

My draft is next Sunday and I'm picking 3. Ive pretty much got my heart set on drafting Gurley there and going Wr,Wr the next two picks. Im hoping Jordy is still there and I know Amari should still be there next. I'm kind of weary taking Jordy with my second round pick knowing hes coming off acl surgery and 30 years old.

I'm in a 14 team league with sizeable benches, so it's really slim pickings by the end.

Anyone have a good handle on how the Ravens' RB depth chart is looking? Or how Keith Marshall is shaping up as a backup RB on the Redskins?

BTM

So had a draft today and some dude picked Calvin Johnson in like the 7th round. He didn't even know he had retired. Couldn't stop laughing

Dosia

Just had my draft party yesterday for a 12 team standard.

QB Drew Brees, NO QB
RB Danny Woodhead, SD RB
RB DeAngelo Williams, Pit RB
WR Dez Bryant, Dal WR
WR Allen Robinson, Jax WR
TE Delanie Walker, Ten TE
FLEX Brandin Cooks, NO WR
D/ST Patriots D/ST D/ST
K Chandler Catanzaro, Ari K

Dion Lewis*, NE RB :(
Allen Hurns, Jax WR
LeGarrette Blount, NE RB
Charles Sims, TB RB
Kamar Aiken, Bal WR
Josh Gordon, Cle WR SSPD
Robert Griffin, Cle QB

My RBs are suspect, but I drafted in the 9 spot so Im hoping to snag a wire gem hopefully b4 Bell comes back. Was pretty hammered and didnt even remember drafting RG3 when I saw lineup this morning. lol

Edwardo

We locked in our keepers for out 14 team keeper league yesterday. I can't wait to draft this Sunday! This year I have LeVeon Bell as my 2nd rounder and Jamaal Charles as my 3rd rounder. If you are keeping a player you kept last year, you draft them a their Yahoo pre-rank as of yesterday when we had to lock em in. Bell stayed at 15th overall and Charles is at 22, so I def lucked out.

wbsmcs

I have 3rd pick in my 12 team league. Did a couple of mock drafts and my ideal team would be something like:

1 OBJ
2 Charles/McCoy
3 Demaryius/ Keenan Allen
4 Golden Tate/Jeremy Maclin
5 Foster
6 Brees
7 Kelce
8 Gore/Demarco Murray/ Jordan Matthews
9 Torrey Smith/ Charles Sims

Did my draft last night, I picked 4th overall. I wanted one of the 3 elite WR's. I thought I would get one of them because the guys in my league have historically favored RB's. But nope, Antonio Brown, ODB, and Julio Jones went one two three. I took Gurley over David Johnson because he has seen a lot more action as a starter and was a work horse who had a lot of success despite disappearing in some games towards the end of the season. It wasn't easy though because I honestly didn't think I'd have to decide between the two. Anyways, this is my draft

We play 3 defensive players(DL, LB, DB) so I drafted a couple of them towards the end. Left DL open for now since I want to see how some of these skill positions guys pan out first before I drop one of them to pick up a DL(which I might not even do). I wasn't too thrilled about some of my picks but felt their wasn't anybody better at the time. So any thoughts on my draft?

4th pick is the worst, because I believe those 3 WRs far outclass anyone this year. Nice team though. I'm not too fond of 2RBs in the first 2 rounds but you can't pass on Charles late 2nd. You still ended up with a good core of receivers. Maclin and Brown are in for big years.

I'm in a 14 team league with sizeable benches, so it's really slim pickings by the end.

Anyone have a good handle on how the Ravens' RB depth chart is looking? Or how Keith Marshall is shaping up as a backup RB on the Redskins?

I don't think that situation is going to clear up anytime soon so just go with the last guy on the board. Probably Terrence West late round. Alf Morris is a good late round pick too for deep leagues. Been doing good this preseason and I doubt the Cowboys are going to let Zeke carry it 30 times a game in his rookie year.

Hey, if anybody is looking for a league this one probably has a few spots. 14 team, non PPR, non keeper league. Paypal but cheaper than PSN. Has run for two seasons I think, has a good mix of current and perm'd gaffers.

Likewise, there's always the No Quitters League, also with current GAF members and a few perm'd guys. Also pretty competitive but also pay entry. I think you can do leaguesafe if you're in the US.

Both leagues are really competitive and non-keeper, so it's fun to give a try if you haven't really tried a serious league before.

We locked in our keepers for out 14 team keeper league yesterday. I can't wait to draft this Sunday! This year I have LeVeon Bell as my 2nd rounder and Jamaal Charles as my 3rd rounder. If you are keeping a player you kept last year, you draft them a their Yahoo pre-rank as of yesterday when we had to lock em in. Bell stayed at 15th overall and Charles is at 22, so I def lucked out.

Bell/Charles in a 14 teamer is pretty good. I have that combo myself in a 12 teamer. Especially now that Bell is only locked out 3 games...just gotta worry about WRs...

wbsmcs said:
1 OBJ
2 Charles/McCoy
3 Demaryius/ Keenan Allen
4 Golden Tate/Jeremy Maclin
5 Foster
6 Brees
7 Kelce
8 Gore/Demarco Murray/ Jordan Matthews
9 Torrey Smith/ Charles Sims

Brees in the 6th?! How is that even possible in a 12 teamer? Huge value if you can swing it.

wbsmcs

Brees in the 6th?! How is that even possible in a 12 teamer? Huge value if you can swing it.

It's an early 6th round pick and happens sometimes if the other drafters are into the letting QBs fall strategy. That's the only way I see myself having a top 5 QB because I'm not paying a 3-4th round pick for Luck, Rodgers, Wilson. Andy Dalton is going to have a great year and I'll be happy taking him in round 14.

Edwardo

Bell/Charles in a 14 teamer is pretty good. I have that combo myself in a 12 teamer. Especially now that Bell is only locked out 3 games...just gotta worry about WRs...

Ya exactly.

Right now the best options available in the draft would be Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, and Keenan Allen for WRs. Ezekial Elliot and AP for RBS. Then Gronk. I have the #2 overall, so I really should be looking into a WR. But it's so tempting to take either AP or Zeke.

If I go with a non-WR first round pick, then it won't be until the tail end of the fourth round for me to get a WR. That's a really long time.

bigosc2k

Banned
I'm on year 7 of running the keeper league at my job, I did terrible last year so I manage to get some picks for my players. Also the defending champion who gave up a 1st round pick to get Antonio Brown decided to keep Todd Gurley instead, let's say the guy who has the #1 is happy to have both Antonio Brown and Deandre Hopkins on the team. I on the other hand have decided to keep Jamaal Charles and own the #2 and #9 pick, I'm going with AJ Green and thinking of either Brandon Marshall or Rob Gronkowski might slip to me at the 9 spot. Who's the better pick at #9?

4th pick is the worst, because I believe those 3 WRs far outclass anyone this year. Nice team though. I'm not too fond of 2RBs in the first 2 rounds but you can't pass on Charles late 2nd. You still ended up with a good core of receivers. Maclin and Brown are in for big years.

I thought the same thing as well. If I couldn't get my hands on one of the top 3 WR's then I was going RB. Same thing happened in round 2, all the WR's I wanted were gone and I went RB again. That's why I loaded up on receivers and drafted 4 straight. I feel pretty good about my team right now. I'm really hoping some of my back ups can become solid players during the season. I'd love to be able to package some of these guys to trade for elite talent if possible.

Anyways that was my first league. I'm drafting for my 2nd league this weekend. I'm not a fan of being in a ton of leagues. Two or three has always been my rule so I can actually put effort into them instead of really only caring about a few while not really giving a damn about the rest.

TomServo

Really odd draft this year in my old 10-team, standard scoring, fairly high buy-in league. Usually it's all RBs in the early part of the draft with Gronk and your random elite QB pick. This year everyone went nuts over WRs.

I feel like people are still reeling over last year's RB injuries and disappointments, and they've forgotten how tough it can be to replace the output of a bell cow RB in a standard league during a "normal" year. I guess we'll see. My draft, 4th pick.

1 - Todd Gurley
2 - Lamar Miller
3 - Doug Martin
4 - Sammy Watkins
5 - Julian Edelman
6 - Andrew Luck
7 - Doug Baldwin
8 - Tom Brady
9 - DeSean Jackson
10 - Allen Hurns
11 - T.J. Yeldon
12 - Zach Ertz
13 - Zach Miller
14 - Charles Sims
15 - Patriots D/ST
16 - Matt Prater​

...I'm not a fan of being in a ton of leagues. Two or three has always been my rule so I can actually put effort into them instead of really only caring about a few while not really giving a damn about the rest.

Agreed. I play in the league above with my close guy friends (we have live drafts) and in couples' league with some of the wives and girlfriends ($10 buy-in, winner take all). Add in a little bit of DFS and I'm set.

Edwardo

Anyways that was my first league. I'm drafting for my 2nd league this weekend. I'm not a fan of being in a ton of leagues. Two or three has always been my rule so I can actually put effort into them instead of really only caring about a few while not really giving a damn about the rest.

Same here. I do the 14 team keeper with my friends. Then my brother has a league that I join every year with his friends and some family.

wbsmcs

I'm on year 7 of running the keeper league at my job, I did terrible last year so I manage to get some picks for my players. Also the defending champion who gave up a 1st round pick to get Antonio Brown decided to keep Todd Gurley instead, let's say the guy who has the #1 is happy to have both Antonio Brown and Deandre Hopkins on the team. I on the other hand have decided to keep Jamaal Charles and own the #2 and #9 pick, I'm going with AJ Green and thinking of either Brandon Marshall or Rob Gronkowski might slip to me at the 9 spot. Who's the better pick at #9?

I'm not too big on Gronk. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that Marshall will easily outscore him. Lots of good TEs that you could draft late like Zach Miller, Ertz, and Vance McDonald.

Really odd draft this year in my old 10-team, standard scoring, fairly high buy-in league. Usually it's all RBs in the early part of the draft with Gronk and your random elite QB pick. This year everyone went nuts over WRs.

I feel like people are still reeling over last year's RB injuries and disappointments, and they've forgotten how tough it can be to replace the output of a bell cow RB in a standard league during a "normal" year. I guess we'll see. My draft, 4th pick.

1 - Todd Gurley
2 - Lamar Miller
3 - Doug Martin
4 - Sammy Watkins
5 - Julian Edelman
6 - Andrew Luck
7 - Doug Baldwin
8 - Tom Brady
9 - DeSean Jackson
10 - Allen Hurns
11 - T.J. Yeldon
12 - Zach Ertz
13 - Zach Miller
14 - Charles Sims
15 - Patriots D/ST
16 - Matt Prater​

Why the two QBs? Was Kelce or Olsen available in round 8?

bigosc2k

Banned
I'm not too big on Gronk. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that Marshall will easily outscore him. Lots of good TEs that you could draft late like Zach Miller, Ertz, and Vance McDonald.

Why the two QBs? Was Kelce or Olsen available in round 8?

I'm a niners fan so I'm not trusting Vance at all since he has been very inconsistent or injured, but do like Ertz. I should of mentioned that my league is PPR as well. I should probably mention my other draft picks as well.
1st (2nd overall)
1st (9th overall)
2nd (23rd overall)
3rd (26th overall)
3rd (33rd overall)
4th (38th overall)
4th (47th overall)
5th (50th overall)
6th (71st overall)
7th (73rd overall)
7th (74th overall)
8th (94th overall)
8th (95th overall)
9th (98th overall)
15th (170th overall)

wbsmcs

I'm a niners fan so I'm not trusting Vance at all since he has been very inconsistent or injured, but do like Ertz. I should of mentioned that my league is PPR as well. I should probably mention my other draft picks as well.
1st (2nd overall)
1st (9th overall)
2nd (23rd overall)
3rd (26th overall)
3rd (33rd overall)
4th (38th overall)
4th (47th overall)
5th (50th overall)
6th (71st overall)
7th (73rd overall)
7th (74th overall)
8th (94th overall)
8th (95th overall)
9th (98th overall)
15th (170th overall)

In PPR I think Marshall gets a big upgrade as he could potentially have ~30 more catches than Gronk. I would even rather have Keenan Allen or Mike Evans at the 9 pick if Marshall isn't there. You got a lot of middle round picks and could grab someone like Kelce/Olsen/Delanie for TE.

phanphare

Banned
drafted on saturday, here's my team. 12-team standard scoring, I had the 3rd pick overall

QB: Jameis Winston
RB: Mark Ingram, Latavius Murray, Matt Jones, Isaiah Crowell, Bilal Powell, Darren Sproles
WR: Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Matthews, Willie Snead, Ted Ginn
TE: Gary Barnidge
D/ST: Oakland
K: Chandler Catanzaro

I feel pretty good about that team. lot of upside.

Tom Nook

It's Back!

For me, Draft day is Sep. 4th.

Hopefully I get my ideal roster. (STD, non ppr league)

QB: Cam and Prescott for backup.
WR: AB
WR: OBJ
RB: Elliot
RB: D Martin
TE: Eifet or J Reed
K: Bucs kicker :)
DEF: Den

t-ramp

Well, I said I wanted Miller, so I just went ahead and picked him with the 3rd pick (12 teams).

I feel like this team could be good, especially if my late-rounders end up with a lot of playing time.

3 Lamar Miller, Hou RB
22 Mark Ingram, NO RB
27 Brandin Cooks, NO WR
46 John Brown, Ari WR
51 DeMarco Murray, Ten RB
70 Tyler Lockett, Sea WR
75 Travis Kelce, KC TE
94 Zach Ertz, Phi TE
99 Derek Carr, Oak QB
118 Markus Wheaton, Pit WR
123 Texans D/ST D/ST
142 DeAndre Washington, Oak RB
147 Jameis Winston, TB QB
166 Chandler Catanzaro, Ari K
171 Terrance Williams, Dal WR
190 Jordan Howard, Chi RB

Gurrry

For the first time in 10+ years, I got the #1 pick... and I have no idea who to take. I want Leveon, but not having your #1 guy for 3 weeks is not easy to overcome, especially in this league.

Taking a WR at #1 leaves me with crap at RB unless Jamaal falls. So im kind of in a pickle.

Anyone else at #1 have any thoughts?

For the first time in 10+ years, I got the #1 pick... and I have no idea who to take. I want Leveon, but not having your #1 guy for 3 weeks is not easy to overcome, especially in this league.

Depends on the league settings but Antonio Brown is just money. Super solid #1 WR. Otherwise I would go Gurley and rely on the solid RB play from a team with nothing to do but feed the RB - Vikings 2 basically.

It's Back!

For me, Draft day is Sep. 4th.

Hopefully I get my ideal roster. (STD, non ppr league)

QB: Cam and Prescott for backup.
WR: AB
WR: OBJ
RB: Elliot
RB: D Martin
TE: Eifet or J Reed
K: Bucs kicker :)
DEF: Den
Wait how are you going to get obj and ab?

As for me my draft is the 29Th. I have the 5Th overall which sucks. All top receivers will be gone. Probably going with gurley or Johnson for my pick. This is half point ppr

phanphare

Banned

Taking a WR at #1 leaves me with crap at RB unless Jamaal falls. So im kind of in a pickle.

I'd just take antonio brown and not think twice about it

mark ingram or doug martin could still be available or both. I'd take that trade off.

wbsmcs

Take AB. If you're lucky Charles will fall. If not, McCoy/Ingram might be there. If all three of those guys are gone you go with Evans/Demaryius/Keenan Allen/Jeffery with your next 2 picks and start loading up on RBs in the later rounds. You'll have the best WR core in the league and an RB core composed of guys like Foster/Gore/Latavius/Demarco/Rashad Jenning/Melvin Gordon/TJ Yeldon (obviously not all of them, but you could maybe get 3 of them) ...one of whom will probably be a top 12 RB, and it wouldn't be crazy to think you could get 2 top 24 guys there. Pick up end of draft RBs like Charles Sims, McKinnon, Devontae Booker, DeAndre Washington and your RB situation will be fine.

necrosis

take obj or antonio brown and don't think twice

outside of a few "exceptionally good bell cow" outliers (namely todd gurley and adrian peterson) the RB talent pool is deceptively deep. in mocks, i've grabbed charles several times in the second round, as well as backs like lamar miller and mark ingram. hell, leveon will probably even be available later on

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I'm interested in doing fantasy football, but have never done it before. Are there any open spots around here for a noob to lose his dollareedoos?

Tom Nook

Wait how are you going to get obj and ab?

As for me my draft is the 29Th. I have the 5Th overall which sucks. All top receivers will be gone. Probably going with gurley or Johnson for my pick. This is half point ppr

It's my ideal roster, I doubt it I'll get both but who knows, I got both of them last year. All the RBs in my league are getting the attention.

J-Roderton

First year I'm going in without following anything during offseason. Probably going to be rough as fuck. Drafting my second league in a couple hours and third league in a couple weeks.

Any advice on drafting for a league that starts a QB in the flex? Never done that type of league before.

Tom Nook

Take AB.

First year I'm going in without following anything during offseason. Probably going to be rough as fuck. Drafting my second league in a couple hours and third league in a couple weeks.

The whole thing is a crap shoot so you'll be fine. My strategy this year is going to be to draft all wideouts in like the first 6-8 rounds and just fill in the rest. Rbs and QBs are totally disposable.

Gurrry

Thanks for the tips guys! I am thinking going AB. But I just know that Leveon is going to come back and fucking wreck everyone.

My other big thing is that I NEED Tom Brady. So having 2 guys that are serving suspensions would probably end my season.

Going AB #1, getting some RB's, and then pulling the trigger on Brady in the 3rd round is probably my strategy. Although I have a feeling someone else in my league will jump on Brady super early and steal him.

Fun fact from our league, the person who has Brady on their roster has made the playoffs every single year (minus the year he tore his ACL).

I'd just take antonio brown and not think twice about it

mark ingram or doug martin could still be available or both. I'd take that trade off.

See, the thing is, I kinda hate Doug Martin. I had him 2 years ago and he completely screwed my team. So ever since then, ive held a grudge. I know.. I gotta forget it... but its hard. Same with Eddie Fat Ass Lacey last year. Completely fucked me, and now ill never draft him again.

Griss

I see everybody's already super-high on Lamar Miller. Damn, I need him on my team so I can pretend he still plays for the Dolphins while we go 3-13. Thinking I might need a top 3 pick then. Draft's in a week and a half.

mjc

Getting pretty hyped up for my draft this coming Friday night. 12 teams, PPR, we were allowed a max of three keepers. I opted to keep:

TY Hilton - 4th round
Donte Moncrief - 8th round
Doug Baldwin - 16th round

I could have kept Jordy at the 2nd round....but the value wasn't there for a keeper. I have the 12th pick so he may fall to me, otherwise I'll take Brandin Cooks.

kris.

Banned
drafted over the weekend for the only league (10 teams) i play in currently. got the 5th pick. i think i did pretty decently.

1. Odell Beckham Jr.
2. Ezekiel Elliott
3. Mike Evans
4. Carlos Hyde
5. Greg Olsen
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Golden Tate
8. Derek Carr
9. Carolina D
10. Christine Michael
11. Bilal Powell
12. Justin Tucker
13. Blake Bortles

the Michael pick was a complete stretch but i'm really hopeful he gets his kinks worked out and based on what i've heard recently and seen in the preseason, he could do some solid stuff this season finally.

the people in my league are weird and don't trade ever, plus i'm pretty sure they don't really give a shit about it but w/e. i really wanna find a new league to play in that is actually competitive.

bigkrev

Man, some of the rosters you guys post make me really sad i'm not playing in your leagues!

We are doing a late draft this year (Next Wednesday) to accommodate travel issues because we like a live draft. I won the league last year and sadly ended up with the 11th pick, and it's really hard to prep for this because the guy who got 1 is the guy that every year does something crazy (He's drafted 2 QBs in the first 3 rounds multiple times), so I have no idea who is going to be on the board. RB's also are super valued in our league (we had 30 drafted last season before the 10th WR came off the board), and I really don't feel good about any of the late 1st round backs

wbsmcs

I see everybody's already super-high on Lamar Miller. Damn, I need him on my team so I can pretend he still plays for the Dolphins while we go 3-13. Thinking I might need a top 3 pick then. Draft's in a week and a half.

He usually falls to the end of the first round. With a top 3 pick you have to pretty much take one of the big 3 receivers.

Man, some of the rosters you guys post make me really sad i'm not playing in your leagues!

We are doing a late draft this year (Next Wednesday) to accommodate travel issues because we like a live draft. I won the league last year and sadly ended up with the 11th pick, and it's really hard to prep for this because the guy who got 1 is the guy that every year does something crazy (He's drafted 2 QBs in the first 3 rounds multiple times), so I have no idea who is going to be on the board. RB's also are super valued in our league (we had 30 drafted last season before the 10th WR came off the board), and I really don't feel good about any of the late 1st round backs

Then don't take any of them. If guys like AJ Green/Hopkins/Marshall/Evans/ Dez (hopefully status clears up in the next couple days) are there, grab them as they'll be good for 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs while your league members hope guys like Thomas Rawls can keep his job or Miller can handle 300+ touches.

I'm interested in doing fantasy football, but have never done it before. Are there any open spots around here for a noob to lose his dollareedoos?

I'm not sure if this is good advice or not but...

There's the site http://home.myfantasyleague.com/ which does a format of fantasy football where you don't have to worry about setting lineups or picking up players during the year. You draft a team once and the highest scoring team at the end of the season wins. It's $10 entry, and winner gets $100. The only downfall of this site is that some leagues are composed of sharks who have been doing FF for years, but this format is cheap and could get you to follow players without having to worry about all the week to week stuff if its too much.

The draft is also done over the course of 2 weeks so you don't have to commit to a certain draft day. Just sign up and you'll get an email of when it's your turn to pick and you'll have 8 hours to do so. The last day to draft is on Thursday though so only 3 days to go.

If you want to read up on players/analysis the content on CBS Sports and ESPN is pretty good and not difficult at all to follow for beginners.

I haven't drafted yet, but I'm going to take strength of schedule into consideration this year. I've even created a tiers spreadsheet based on opponents defensive ranks (run, passing, against WRs, TEs, RBs, etc) from the end of last season. Hopefully, I'll get a draft or two in before my money draft this weekend to see how that strategy plays out.

wbsmcs

RBs and QBs are disposable and crapshoots in all setups apart from 2QB basically (and even there, the late round QB strategy is taking off).

Still cracks me up seeing people taking Rodgers or Brady in the 3rd or 4th when guys like Tyrod Taylor are available late (and of course there will be random QB like RG3 who will blow up that you can grab from waivers)

Yep. Only value I see for those positions is Charles end of 2nd round and Brees in the 6th/7th. Taking Latavius Murray in the 4th makes me shudder.

Need advice!

Im deciding on keepers and such, and just got offered AP for a 2nd round pick. I finished second overall in a 2 keeper standard league so im drafting 9th and 12th overall (so would be 12th for AP and i dont pick again until 29th).

Keepers as of right now are Antonio Brown and one of the following:

A Cooper
A Hurns
A Rodgers
J Thomas
G Barnidge

I dont love the idea of riding Cooper as a keeper but he could really break out this year. Am I stupid for not jumping on AP for a 12th? Just seems like a lot for an older RB...

I also have never had a true #1 RB, best was Forsett 2 years ago when i picked him up before he broke out.

Hazelhurst

drafted over the weekend for the only league (10 teams) i play in currently. got the 5th pick. i think i did pretty decently.

1. Odell Beckham Jr.
2. Ezekiel Elliott
3. Mike Evans
4. Carlos Hyde
5. Greg Olsen
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Golden Tate
8. Derek Carr
9. Carolina D
10. Christine Michael
11. Bilal Powell
12. Justin Tucker
13. Blake Bortles

the Michael pick was a complete stretch but i'm really hopeful he gets his kinks worked out and based on what i've heard recently and seen in the preseason, he could do some solid stuff this season finally.

the people in my league are weird and don't trade ever, plus i'm pretty sure they don't really give a shit about it but w/e. i really wanna find a new league to play in that is actually competitive.
Ezekiel lasted to the 15th pick? What in the world.

Top Bottom