• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

TylerD

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I'm just gonna ride Howard and or Farrow/Ingram

Tom Brady vs den d or Marcus Mariota vs Kc D?
KC just shut down one of the best offenses in the league in Oakland.. I would not start Marcus after making Carr look like garbage (however I would start Murray because the chiefs are more vulnerable to the run after that injury on DJ.)

Start Brady.. the Denver offense is hanging the Defense out to dry more often since they can't develop a run game to save their lives

Everyweek i'm going to ask this but sorry in advance.

Matty Ice or Captain Kirk?
Ryan is playing San Fran Fanatic

Start Matt Ryan

Pretty volatile situation. Huge ceiling, really low floor. If you HAD to start him in your line up, I'd replace Sammy.

But nah, I wouldn't do it for now.
Nah that's in my other 16 team GAF league.

I'm on a bye in my 12 team GAF league since I'm the 1st seed with Sammy, Jordy, and A-Rob..

My WRs are in my 16 team league are..
Antonio, Hill, Gabriel, J.J Nelson, Tyler Boyd, and Alshon. (A lot I know.. I traded for Latavius and Coleman with Hilton before.. I stockpiled players to trade them and... it didn't happen)

I have Tevin Coleman in my Flex right now because I can't not resist him against the 49rs while starting Gore and Latavius Murray for my RBs.

So I got to pick three WRs.. it's a PPR league
I guess I'm riding Antonio, Hill, and Gabriel again?

Thanks Floy.. I'm going up against Aaron Rodgers so I need all the points I can get. But on the positive side I have Jordy.
That will undercut your opponent a bit...

But I expect Matt to have an excellent game and Gabriel to get 8 points. The 9rs are probably the worst team in the league (and yes I think they just might be worse than Cleveland in all seriousness)

UberTag

But I expect Matt to have an excellent game and Gabriel to get 8 points. The 9rs are probably the worst team in the league (and yes I think they just might be worse than Cleveland in all seriousness)
So what you're saying is that I'm in good shape trotting out both Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman against them this weekend in my semi-final matchup?
(Have the Bills defense locked and loaded at home against Cleveland so I'm not leaving them out.)

So what you're saying is that I'm in good shape trotting out both Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman against them this weekend in my semi-final matchup?
(Have the Bills defense locked and loaded at home against Cleveland so I'm not leaving them out.)
Yes.. I would personally start both if I were you Uber.. Freeman should meet his projection and Coleman should make it or come close to it since he's a solid running back even with a few touches since as bad as San Fran is in the air.. and they are really bad..

They are even worse on the ground. That's that Jim O'Neil defense special. (Seriously I don't understand how Chip hasn't fired him and just pick a guy from the stands... he's that bad.)

-SG

Rivers and Dez combined for like 9 points in standard last week. I went into Sunday night up by 0.4 with only Dez left. Lost by 0.6... Consider me on sui watch.

TylerD

Grabbed Powell with my 1 waiver and was also able to pick up Sammy Watkins this morning. Pretty surprised that I got Sammy but i'll happily plug him in this week against the Browns.*

*weather permitting

phanphare

Banned
so it looks like julio has a toe sprain and not turf toe

god dammit

even if he's active this week I'm worried he'll just be a decoy

playing the bell/zeke/gordon owner this week

he had higher waiver priority than I did and he didn't claim farrow but picked up ty montgomery instead(???)

I'm not planning on starting farrow since I know farrow =/= gordon. Depending on how he's used this week and if I make it to next week, might flex him against the Browns.

I don't have a good feeling about this week though

Tom Nook

Team A vs Team B.
(standard league, non ppr, I'm team A)

Projected to lose by 25pts

Brady QB Brees
Powell RB Freeman
Zeke RB Hyde
J Nelson WR Beckham
Tate WR Crowder
Brate TE Graham
JStew Flex Baldwin
Tucker K McManus
SEA DEF TB

Bench: Walker (TE), Green (TE), Martin (RB), Jeffery (WR), Morris (RB), Mitchell (WR)

Any suggestions on who to start/bench are appreciated. Thanks

NateDrake

Thursday is fuckball and I have Rawls and Jimmy Graham on my team. I'm hesitant to start both tomorrow night. Is it worth the gamble?

Thursday is fuckball and I have Rawls and Jimmy Graham on my team. I'm hesitant to start both tomorrow night. Is it worth the gamble?

Rawls if anything. But if you don't have a better option at TE, Graham is fine. Rams are terrible.

Tyler Gabriel worth a pick up gamble for my flex?
Right now my choices on my team are
Gurley
DeVonte Adams
Golden Tate
Allen Hurns

Personally think Adams will have the better day but Gabriel would be better than the other options.

NateDrake

Rawls if anything. But if you don't have a better option at TE, Graham is fine. Rams are terrible.

Personally think Adams will have the better day but Gabriel would be better than the other options.

On my bench I have Witten, Kelvin B, Alshon, and Rishard Matthews as possible replacements for Graham. Jimmy G is only projected for 12pts in my league and would be easy to replace but, as you said, the Rams are terrible and it could be a good game for him. Or Thursday night fuckball will strike. Damn playoffs make these small decisions tough.

Managed to pick up Bills defense somehow. Will be playing them over the Broncos. I mean they'll be fine with points from sacks but tom Brady could just decide to go to another level to prove a point lol

nillapuddin

Like I was saying, my league ended with no playoffs

Final tally

Record: 6-7 7th
PF:1746.6 1st + 112
PA: 1695.4 1st + 95
AVG PF:134.4 1st + 13
AVG PA:130.4 1st + 12
DIF: +3.9 7th

Statistically speaking, this must have been the most absolute bullshit season of all time.

*the guy who won the league had 360 less points scored against him than I did.

Theres no way anyone has ever fielded that kickass of a team before and not just lost a few games, but wasnt even in the same stratosphere of the top teams the way that I did.

UberTag

My active fantasy lineup heading into the Week 15 semi-finals (0.5 PPR)...

QB - Derek Carr
WR - Odell Beckham Jr.
WR - Tyrell Williams
WR/TE - Adam Thielen
RB - Devonta Freeman
RB - Tevin Coleman
TE - Greg Olsen
K - Sebastian Janikowski
DEF/ST - Baltimore Ravens

My bench...

WR - A.J. Green
WR - Robby Anderson
RB - Kenneth Farrow
RB - Ronnie Hillman
DEF/ST - New York Giants

My opponent's lineup...

QB - Kirk Cousins
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Mike Wallace
WR/TE - Steve Smith Sr.
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Isaiah Crowell
TE - Zach Ertz
K - Kai Forbath
DEF/ST - Green Bay Packers

His bench...

WR - Ted Ginn Jr.
WR - Cole Beasley
RB - Rashad Jennings
RB - James White
TE - Dennis Pitta

There are only table scraps kicking around on the waiver wire so this is pretty much how this matchup is going to shake out. I'll have something to think about if A.J. Green makes a run at playing this weekend but I'm hoping he focuses on getting healthy for Week 16 against the Texans instead.

This was my first year doing fantasy so I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

Added Brandin Cooks to my do not draft list. It's been frustrating the whole season on trying to decide which games to start him and which to not. He's very talented and very fast, but he just doesn't get enough targets(too many mouths to feed in the saints)

Tom Nook

Honestly I think your lineup is the best that it can be looking at it right now.

I don't think I'd change anything..

Thanks.

My lineup and my opponent coming in Tonight. I'm Team A, std league, non ppr.

Team A vs Team B
Brady QB Brees
Powell RB Freeman
Zeke RB Hyde
J Nelson WR Beckham
Tate WR Crowder
Brate TE Graham
JStew Flex Baldwin
Tucker K McManus
SEA DEF TB

Bench: Walker(TE), D.Jackson(WR), Martin(RB), Jeffery (WR), Morris (RB), Mitchell(WR)

I have the SEA DEF, I hope it's a repeat of what ATL did against the RAMS. If Graham and/or Baldwin go off tonight, I might consider taking a chance on Jeffery or Jackson in replacing Tate for Boom potential.

UberTag

This was my first year doing fantasy so I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

Added Brandin Cooks to my do not draft list. It's been frustrating the whole season on trying to decide which games to start him and which to not. He's very talented and very fast, but he just doesn't get enough targets(too many mouths to feed in the saints)
This seems to be more of a Drew Brees thing than anything else. The same boom-or-bust tendencies were exhibited by Marques Colston when he was the Saints top wide receiver. In another offensive scheme with a different QB, I suspect Cooks would put up consistent numbers.

This seems to be more of a Drew Brees thing than anything else. The same boom-or-bust tendencies were exhibited by Marques Colston when he was the Saints top wide receiver. In another offensive scheme with a different QB, I suspect Cooks would put up consistent numbers.

I don't disagree with that. Brees (while he's a great QB and all) is also on my do not draft list too. I'm thankful I have depth at WR (Brown, Hilton and Watkins who i'll be starting this week.

Also read that Bell has gotten injured each time in the last two years they've played the Bengals. Might pick up Deangelo as just a lottery ticket but would probably have to Drop Winston or Chargers Defense for him-ugh.

NateDrake

I'm going to take a gamble and start Graham and Rawls tonight. I hate starting two players on Thursday but the match-up has high potential gains for both players. Combined they are projected for 24pts. Going to hope for the best tonight and let these two lead me to a championship birth for next week.

I picked up Gabriel in our league..lol

Need one

Gore
Ware or
RKelley

First I want to roll with Ware but my boys(Titans) are kinda tough on the Run

I'm going to take a gamble and start Graham and Rawls tonight. I hate starting two players on Thursday but the match-up has high potential gains for both players. Combined they are projected for 24pts. Going to hope for the best tonight and let these two lead me to a championship birth for next week.

Ouch.

Of course wilson has a nice game AFTER my money league team was eliminated.

Bah!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
shockingly my season came to an end last week. i dont even want to write about it.

dez putting up zero fucked me hard. among other things.

good luck everyone else who's still in it.

see you next yr

GiJoccin

Hmm, tough decisions...

I need 3 receivers, B. Cooks, T. Hilton, Tyreke Hill, Crabtree, D. Jackson

I also have AJ Green, who probably wont suit up, but if he does should i go for it?

Tom Nook

Hmm, tough decisions...

I also have AJ Green, who probably wont suit up, but if he does should i go for it?

If AJ Green is good to go, I would start him. CIN are still in the playoff hunt, so they need him.

If AJ can't go, use Jackson for boom potential.

Hmm, tough decisions...

as a fellow cooks owner, I feel he's unstartable this week(and possibly rest of season)

His road/home splits are real. I think other than the game he had in KC(at least for standard scoring) he hasn't broken 6 points in away games. I think a lot of it has to do with Brees/Thomas getting targets but i'm not playing him in the playoffs. I'm fortunate to have depth at WR so I won't be starting him next week at home either if I make it that far since I can't risk another goose egg from him.

UberTag

I'm of the mindset at this point that NO SAINTS are startable the rest of the way.
Except for maybe their kicker. Wil Lutz is having himself a nice season. He also won't have to brave harsh winter elements.

I'm of the mindset at this point that NO SAINTS are startable the rest of the way.
Except for maybe their kicker. Wil Lutz is having himself a nice season. He also won't have to brave harsh winter elements.
I think I agree with that since Brees hasn't worked himself out of the funk he's in... I think it's best.

Falcon don't need him against the Niners.

Gabriel is a good start but Freeman and Colemon will get the most points.
Good thing I have Coleman and Gabriel...

thank god they announced that beforehand

fucks my week though most likely, already had wilson and baldwin shit on me
Sorry

Top Bottom