• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Fantomex

VkLINwB.jpg
wtZXNpm.jpg
wgu1lXG.jpg

Go Brown Patriot.

Posting again for Browns gaf
Cody Kessler actually hasn't looked bad. Judging by preseason I thought he could be a mess.

But he's proven the game isn't two big for him in his first two starts, he belongs. I'm not scared when he has to throw. He's made some nice throws, and like everyone's said he is pretty accurate. He hasn't thrown ints besides 1, but it was just a really good play by Norman.

Kessler leads the NFL in 3rd completion percentageThe thing we haven't seen is him throwing down field much, which hopefully he can display more. The knock on him was arm strength. Maybe he's just a alex smith like character 🤔...

It sucks that Coleman is out and the whole Gordon situation. Would have been nice to see Kessler with those guys. Kessler seems like a guy that if you surround him with a ton of talent he could be alright.

Idk we'll see what plays out the next few weeks. He's been more then competent, and hasn't looked like a lost rookie....but maybe the arm strength thing will be downfall in the end.

The Kessler draft pick doesn't seem to be a bad one though

Edit: not saying he's the solution or Browns won't or shouldn't draft a qb. Just saying Kessler hasn't been bad

bionic77

Browns if you cannot beat the Pats at least find a way to infect them with your losing and sadness.

And if you can't that, then just go low in Gronk and Brady every chance you get. Its not like the league can punish Cleveland. There is nowhere worse to send you...

Browns if you cannot beat the Pats at least find a way to infect them with your losing and sadness.

And if you can't that, then just go low in Gronk and Brady every chance you get. Its not like the league can punish Cleveland. There is nowhere worse to send you...
Pls settle down old man.

I'm gonna pretend like you didn't post this.....
You've been around Floy too much

squicken

-That OP ain't no 7-9 bullshit!

Quarter pole thoughts:

- Matt Ryan MVP!

-Fire Pagano

-Denver best team in the NFL

-AFCS is possibly the worst it has ever been

-Detroit's defense is terrible. Jets D isn't much better

-Howie Exec of the Year

Minnesota 23 Texans 17

Bradford will outplay Big Bird.

Just need to shut down that average run game and let the boys get to chasing that tall freak.

bionic77

Lets go jets :(
I hope that this is not the good Fitz week where he styles on our defense and the Jets win a shootout against us 41-38. That would be very embarrassing for me and all of Steelers nation.

Save it for the Pats. Speaking of which...

Pls settle down old man.

I'm gonna pretend like you didn't post this.....
You've been around Floy too much
I only want whats is right.

jmdajr

Well at least Texans game is at noon. Might score some points!

edit: Can Pats slow down the no.1 running attack in the NFL?

ecf59cd0_o.png

Rumor has it the Eagles are going to put in their rookie tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai in at tackle in place of Lane Johnson. It makes sense if the Vaitai is up to the task because the rest of the line would maintain continuity.

Gonna be hard to replace Johnson, who is currently ranked 3rd best tackle overall by PFF. Of course, Bleacher Report had Vaitai ranked as the 9th best rookie coming out of the preseason, so there's that.

squicken

MVP: Matt Ryan
Surprise: Falcons
Letdown: Carolina
Coach of year: Zimmer
Rookie of year: Wentz

MVP:
Surprise:
Letdown:
Coach of year:
Rookie of year:

Houston and Minnesota are both in the top 5 in passer rating against. Good defensive game looming.

My crystal ball is seeing a defensive TD and maybe a TO to lead to a short field, hence my predicted score.

No idea which side will get what, dream was a little dark and I was on my fifth pint of Furious

Hindl

Rumor has it the Eagles are going to put in their rookie tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai in at tackle in place of Lane Johnson. It makes sense if the Vaitai is up to the task because the rest of the line would maintain continuity.

Gonna be hard to replace Johnson, who is currently ranked 3rd best tackle overall by PFF. Of course, Bleacher Report had Vaitai ranked as the 9th best rookie coming out of the preseason, so there's that.

That would be interesting, but I like the move. First time hearing about it though, so we'll see. I know they drafted him to potentially take over the RT spot in a year or two. He's got the size but is a little raw. I think if Johnson somehow manages to get it reduced to 4 games, I could see this happening. Vaitai would almost assuredly be worse than Barbre would be, but Vaitai at RT+Barbre at LG is better for continuity like you said, and Barbre has been doing great at LG. If it's only 4 games, that lets Vaitai get some growth and development, especially considering that aside from the Vikings, the next couple games are against some weak pass rushes. But if LJ is suspended for 10 games, I think it might be too risky, and would just be better moving Barbre to LG and letting Wisniewski or Seumalo take over.

bionic77

you must have forgotten about a little thing called nba champion
You have never been to Ohio or Cleveland.

The Browns and Indians are in their blood (which is now poisoned as a result). No one gave 2 shits about the Cavs before Lebron got there. That was 100% bandwagon.

I mean fuck, in the 90s when I lived there Cleve was one of the few places on the planet where it was not impossible to get tickets to see Cedric Ceballos or that bum ass Jordan.

Bandwagoning is something that Pats fans should probably understand pretty well though...

(I just met a client in a Starbucks in a shithole town and I am doing a little work before I leave for my hearing and the internet is fantastic here, shit this is better than what I get on my Verizon mifi)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If fuckery happens and the LA Rams win an Owl this year, I'll believe the NFL is rigged and that's just a play to make football popular in LA again.

bionic77

I can't believe it, but I think I am in total agreement with squicken.

Trying to think of anyone else who could be MVP other than Ryan, I am sure there are other candidates but he is the obvious choice so far. I wonder if they can keep it up though.

Fox318

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...husband-jared-pobre-for-damage-to-rental-home

Cam Newton Sued by Stacy Keibler's Husband Jared Pobre for Damage to Rental Home

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is being sued for allegedly damaging an $11 million Beverly Hills, California, mansion he rented during the offseason.

According to TMZ Sports, the lawsuit calls for the reigning NFL MVP to pay $270,324.47 plus legal fees for damage and lost rent.

The lawsuit was filed by luxury home rental company manager Jared Pobre, who is the husband of former WWE Superstar Stacy Keibler.

MVP: Sam bradford
Surprise: the eagles
Letdown: cam
Coach of year: zimmer

I thought about matt Ryan for MVP but he has Julio to throw to.

Trey

MVP:
Surprise:
Letdown:
Coach of year:
Rookie of year:

Letdown through first 4 weeks is the Cardinals. Way too much talent on that team to fall by the wayside like this.

Eagles are a cute surprise - they're playing well on both sides of the ball right now.

Too early for me to speak on anything else.

Narag

i was thinking we should go back to the old style divisions after we contract the entirety of the afc south

squicken

Sando has some stat tidbits up for each QB in insider
Hot: Rodgers has seven TDs with no INTs in first halves.

Not: Rodgers has no TDs with one INT in second halves. It's the first time since Rodgers' 2008 rookie season that he has gone without a second-half TD through the Packers' first three games. He had five TDs with no picks in second halves at this point last season.

Brock Osweiler

Hot: Osweiler has averaged 9.5 yards per attempt with two TDs and no picks when targeting rookie Will Fuller.

Not: Osweiler has averaged 6.9 yards per attempt with two TDs and five INTs when targeting DeAndre Hopkins.

Eli Manning

Hot: Manning has been especially productive in second quarters, completing 82.1 percent of his passes with two TDs, no INTs, a 124.7 passer rating and 92.9 Total QBR. He has averaged 9.8 yards per pass attempt in the quarter.

Not: Manning has a league-high four INTs against five or more pass-rushers. He completed 2 of 8 passes for 7 yards in those situations Monday night.

Ben Roethlisberger

Hot: Roethlisberger has been sensational on third down, averaging 10.0 yards per pass attempt with four TDs, zero INTs, a 130.9 passer rating and 92.2 Total QBR.

Not: Roethlisberger threw zero TD passes during a 34-3 defeat at Philadelphia in Week 3. He has zero TDs in four of his past 10 games, including playoffs (he has 18 TDs in the other six games).

Hindl

If the season ended right now, I'd agree, only question is Coach of the year. For me it's between Zimmer, Belichick, and surprisingly Doug Pederson, although that might just be the homer in me. But I'd probably have to go between Zimmer and Belichick, and Zimmer would win out because he's had to adjust everything for the whole season at QB at the last second, whereas Bill knew Brady would be out for a while and he had a definitive return date. Very close though.

MVP has to be Ryan at this point though, and it's not like he's just tossing it to Julio. Aside from that monstrous game Sunday he's been relatively quiet. Letdown is either Carolina or the Cardinals.

Top Bottom