• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Russell is truly blessed. Not many QBs wind up in situations where their teams win in spite of their terrible play.

Re: Cutler/#Dolphins trade rumors: Told "nothing happening during this season, either way. Everyone knows Cutler out in Chi after season."

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/783368582210002945

Dolphins trading for Cutler? RIP Tannehill

Last week I posted about Florio saying that Gase wants Cutler and that they would sign him in the offseason. Interesting.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oh yeah, it's National Taco Day today!

ipaR2A5.jpg

Would Jay Cutler be a serious possibility for the Dolphins?
The answer is no.

No.

No!

"Never happening," is what I've been told by folks familiar with the Miami Dolphins thinking. "Has never come up. Never happening."

And so if you are thinking the Dolphins are about to dump Ryan Tannehill by the November 1 trade deadline or after this season to replace him with Jay Cutler ... no. Just no.

Why is this a topic?

Well, my friend Mike Florio asked me about it on his highly entertaining (at least when I'm on) PFT Live radio show on NBC Sports Radio. Then he wrote about on ProFootballTalk.com and then radio shows elsewhere picked it up. And then it got onto some social media circles.

And now it's a thing because Tannehill didn't play great in a 22-7 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals Thursday night.

Except it is not a thing with the Dolphins.

They haven't discussed it. The salary cap ramifications are moot because it is not being considered. The Dolphins, at least, aren't planning for it. They are not going to do it, based on what I've been told.

Next....

The national media is so pathetic

Bread

Banned
Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero 15s ago
Was wrong about lack of interest in Cutler, my source said Gase believed in Tannehill. Obviously not the case. Should be a major shakeup in Miami.
just like that...

cdyhybrid

What are you trying to say here?
I'm saying it's rich that you say Russell gets carried for poor play when more than half of Wentz's production is YAC yet Iggles-GAF is crowning him MVP already.

Not to mention that every objective measure in existence says you're wrong, but I'm humoring you here.

NFLPA @NFLPA 3h

After consultation with our legal counsel, we have decided to pursue legal action against Breadstream for Libel and making false claims against our players.

NFLPA @NFLPA 3h

A court order will be issued to suspend all Breadstream operations immediately.

cdyhybrid

Are we reading the same spreadsheet?

Edit: Wasn't Yankee talking about Bradford? Why bring up Wentz?
Because YH's arguments fall apart if you actually apply them to anyone other than Bradford. I've never seen fans so eager to illogically defend a mediocre football player while slamming an objectively better one in every sense.

I'm saying it's rich that you say Russell gets carried for poor play when more than half of Wentz's production is YAC yet Iggles-GAF is crowning him MVP already.

Not to mention that every objective measure in existence says you're wrong, but I'm humoring you here.

I crowned Wentz MVP? What the hell does that have to do with what we were even discussing? I am really confused right now. The whole point was that if Sam is just a game manager then Russ is as well since their Y/A are so close.

rando14

Russ is my team QB however Samuel Jacob Bradford is my fantasy QB

Tbqh they are both blessed!! And we are blessed to watch them play!! Win-win-win, we all win

cdyhybrid

I crowned Wentz MVP? What the hell does that have to do with what we were even discussing? I am really confused right now. The whole point was that if Sam is just a game manager then Russ is as well since their Y/A are so close.
Like I said, that's only one metric. I just found that argument funny when you'll be slurping Wentz on the next page.

Russell leads the league in game-winning drives since he entered the league. Bradford has never even sniffed the playoffs. You have no leg to stand on other than "he threw an interception in the Super Bowl" - if you want to boil an entire player down to one play, go for it. I'd just ask you to find me a single play Bradford has made that has meant anything at all in terms of leading a team to a Super Bowl.

Like I said, that's only one metric. I just found that argument funny when you'll be slurping Wentz on the next page.

Russell leads the league in game-winning drives since he entered the league. Bradford has never even sniffed the playoffs. You have no leg to stand on other than "he threw an interception in the Super Bowl" - if you want to boil an entire player down to one play, go for it. I'd just ask you to find me a single play Bradford has made that has meant anything at all in terms of leading a team to a Super Bowl.
Have I been slurping Wentz? That is the part that is confusing me. I am happy he has started off well but it is a long season and lots of guys have stretches where they play well. Hell I even mentioned Bobby hoying starting out with 3 great games and then falling apart.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So we banished from the regular OT forum then? What happened there?

The plan was to put the OTs in Off Topic to try and get some new blood, then move it back to community.

Which is fine because trudging through OT is such a shit show.

Top Bottom