• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017-18 TV Season Cancellations: Guess which woman's late night show got cancelled

first season was added to my region as a "netflix original" and season 2 is airing weekly too

I think that's everywhere, since it's the same here. Have yet to actually watch though.

*goes back the backlog planning board*
"2020 should be possible, maybe?"

And as for real number for The Orville, I remain committed to my 0.8 bet. I expect it to be slightly higher due to trainwreck appeal though. Which is: "I don't really want to watch it, buuuuuut".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought Netflix didnt have weekly airing of shows in America?

I guess you mean "everywhere the show doesnt air on tv" :D

first season was added to my region as a "netflix original" and season 2 is airing weekly too

It just got added to my region Netflix too but I can't see the season 2 episode that has aired. How do you actually tell that they're going to stream the new episodes weekly? It happens for some other shows but I can never tell which ones those are going to be.

EDIT - like for example the new episodes of Rick & Morty show up on Netflix about five days after they air but I only know about it because someone told me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It just got added to my region Netflix too but I can't see the season 2 episode that has aired. How do you actually tell that they're going to stream the new episodes weekly? It happens for some other shows but I can never tell which ones those are going to be.

EDIT - like for example the new episodes of Rick & Morty show up on Netflix about five days after they air but I only know about it because someone told me.

Netflix in my region lists the day each episode is added for these weekly shows. Like if you go to episodes, season 3 of rick and morty it has 7 episodes and the next is added on September 25th.

Penguin

Gotham returns pretty solidly

Orville dropped in its official spot

Fast-Demo-2017-Sep-21.THU_.png

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Those weren't the final numbers because the football game ran long. It got a 2.2 for the entire hour. The premiere the week before got a 2.7, that's hardly dropping like a rock for it. I wouldn't be surprised if tonight's number after the Gotham premiere is half of Sunday's number though.
:)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So that's what The Orville and Gotham can manage when literally all the competition is airing reruns. A hair higher than I imagined, but I'm still throughly unimpressed.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
NBC finally sold one of the Chicago shows into syndication!

USA Network and sibling Oxygen Media have closed a deal with Universal Television and Wolf Entertainment for the off-network rights of Dick Wolf’s NBC police drama series Chicago P.D. The series, which launches its fifth season on NBC next week, will begin airing in October on both networks, with episodes available on USA VOD and streaming apps immediately, and on Oxygen VOD and streaming apps beginning January 2018.

The off-network deal for Chicago P.D. is the first cable sale for a broadcast drama series in awhile as that market has soften significantly over the last couple of years, with cable nets shifting to originals.

Chicago P.D. also is the first Chicago series to sell in syndication just as the four-year old cop drama is becoming available for an off-network run. The year-older flagship Chicago Fire was taken out late last year but subsequently pulled. Unlike most Wolf dramas, which are straight procedurals, Chicago Fire is more soapy, a serialized drama with procedural elements. Chicago P.D. is more procedural and had been considered a stronger candidate to land a cable deal.

Chicago P.D. would fit well on both USA and Oxygen:

USA carries fellow Dick Wolf NBC cop drama Law & Order: SVU, which remains a strong ratings performer for the cable network. Additionally, Chicago P.D. and L&O: SVU belong to the same franchise universe on NBC and are involved in crossovers.

Meanwhile, Oxygen recently rebranded itself as a crime network, with Dick Wolf acting as a key player in the revamp.

Source

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I only watch the Ramsey shows in small doses now. I'll catch an episode or two of Hell's Kitchen on Hulu when a new season starts, but I can't follow the whole thing. You can tell the production purposely seeks out the dumbest cooks they can find. Top Chef is more my jam these days.

I only watch the Ramsey shows in small doses now. I'll catch an episode or two of Hell's Kitchen on Hulu when a new season starts, but I can't follow the whole thing. You can tell the production purposely seeks out the dumbest cooks they can find. Top Chef is more my jam these days.

my grandmom and i got burnt out a few years ago. It was like 2 seasons in 1 year, just too much.

When is Hotel Hell back?
Think it was almost 2 entire years between the last seasons.

Fire is the only one of the Chicago-verse shows that was ever any good at all.
Honestly I can't actually judge PD, all of the cop stuff on Fire(especially the star of PD) is and was so bad I was like I wouldn't watch it if they paid me.

To this day they still make the police look absolutely incompetent on Fire like every episode.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Well it's interesting that Orrville grew out of Gotham. So people were actively seeking it out vs. just staying on the station after Gotham ended. Fox probably likes that, even if the growth was small.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay I'm officially going on record as saying I think the Orville is pretty good and I hope it gets renewed. Feel free to throw tomatoes at me.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Okay I'm officially going on record as saying I think the Orville is pretty good and I hope it gets renewed. Feel free to throw tomatoes at me.
As long as you don’t mind if the tomatoes are rotten!
I have not watched this show lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Everyone tuning in for Star Trek tonight? Even ivy came back in the thread for the premiere tonight.

DrEvil

not a medical professional

I'm enjoying it too, it's kind of got an SG1 vibe to it.. it's serious and mildly funny.. I'm down with it.

Everyone tuning in for Star Trek tonight? Even ivy came back in the thread for the premiere tonight.

Hell yes.

I gave it 3 episodes but I'm done now. I think it's a low quality show and it doesn't do anything well. The drama isn't good, the jokes aren't funny and it doesn't even have that sci-fi sense of adventure. And I don't think any of the actors are doing a good job with their roles.

Grizzlyjin

Y'all Orville lovers need Sci-Fi Jesus. Which is either Adam Warlock or Mister Miracle, depending on your preference.

Star Trek Discovery ratings predictions?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Today is the first day of premiere week! Time for a couple weeks of prediction fun! Starting with:

Note:

- It's Star Trek
- Only the first episode will air on linear TV
- A lot of people might just skip the live broadcast and watch the premiere on the app (especially since episode 2 goes live immediately iirc)
- Ratings might be depressed due to the fact that people are already getting their Star Trek fix from The Orville

Grizzlyjin

Predictions on if any shows will increase audience in the demo this season or even manage to stay flat?

Hmm. Maybe The Good Place? The Season 1 revelations seem to have people shook and it's available on Netflix now. So if you heard about it, you could catch up. And there aren't that many episodes you'd need to binge. I think it has a good hook into the people that watch it. And it's going to be leading into the Will & Grace revival, for whatever that's worth.

Probably lower than anyone hopes for, since it's been marketed as streaming instead of tv, and that will likely fragment audiences from the start.

1.8 seems fair though. Obviously you'd hope for >2, but without knowing streaming numbers, we can't compare them anyway.

Yeah, mentally I don't even know what to compare this to for some type of precedent. Last Trek series was over a decade ago, when UPN was still a thing. It's live, but also you need All Access to see the rest of the episodes so maybe people watch there to test it out? Imma moon shot this

Star Trek Discovery - 2.4

ZeroX03

Banned
Hmm. Maybe The Good Place? The Season 1 revelations seem to have people shook and it's available on Netflix now. So if you heard about it, you could catch up. And there aren't that many episodes you'd need to binge. I think it has a good hook into the people that watch it. And it's going to be leading into the Will & Grace revival, for whatever that's worth.

It’d help if it didn’t drag awkwardly into January, but it looks like that’s happening again.

G0523

I'm gonna go with a 1.6. I also have a feeling that it will get quite a few older audiences since Star Trek has been around long enough that you can be outside the 18-49 demo and be into it. So around 9 million total.

Slayven

I only watched a few eps of "Kevin Can Wait", standard sitcom. But I am interested in how they will turn it into King of Queens 2.0 without being morbid

Episode 3 was Very Very Bad and shouldn't have been thought of as a concept. Noooo idea what they were thinking. Boo this man!

Discovery - 1.9

Probably lower than anyone hopes for, since it's been marketed as streaming instead of tv, and that will likely fragment audiences from the start.

1.8 seems fair though. Obviously you'd hope for >2, but without knowing streaming numbers, we can't compare them anyway.

Yeah, idk if any of it actually matters.

Well it's interesting that Orrville grew out of Gotham. So people were actively seeking it out vs. just staying on the station after Gotham ended. Fox probably likes that, even if the growth was small.

Gotham is in season 4. This is The Orville's third episode. It's not going to go up from here and will be sub-1 by spring, given how shows usually erode over time.

Top Bottom