• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Gathering of the Juggalos infomercial

RBH

hartattack.gif

Aske

I tapped out at "Witness Faygo-flavoured areolas glistening in the sun!", but yeah; can't believe Juggalos are still a thing in 2017. Is it going to be like this forever? Did ICP create a people?

Everytime I randomly encounter a Juggalo they are the nicest people. I had to sit next to a couple waiting for the Switch launch and they were pretty easy going and down to earth.
Aside from them saying "fuck" every three seconds it was an enjoyable conversation. The poor grandma and her grandson on the other side of me didn't know what to think.

Oh god what's coming out of those nozzles?

Faygo

Syriel

I'm sitting in my office just killing time. This is perfect right now.

Someone help me with this, I kinda know that they're redneck, from south US kinda guys, but aren't they actually like...not racist and kinda nice to each other? Maybe I'm mixing things up or something but aside from throwing trash to Andrew W.K. I do recall it's actually a peaceful event.

Maybe I'm fucking up real bad in here, but I do remember reading something like that.

The bolded. You don't have to like the music, but ICP's thing is "acceptance of all."

Aske

The bolded. You don't have to like the music, but ICP's thing is "acceptance of all."

I hope things come full circle, and people stop casually hating these guys because of a few bad apples (like the woman whose baby died, and she tried to use her ICP fandom to get an ICP radio DJ to send her shit). It was the same thing with furries before people realised kink-shaming was a lousy thing to do.

I imagine most Juggalos would be less intolerant than most country music fans. I'd kind of love someone to research that question.

I'm outright exhausted six minutes in. It's like they booked an infomercial but there are real commercials between their longer commercial. A full half hour TV program.

SNL hasn't got anything on this. There aren't any real motocross or racing going on, is there?

What a video; look forward to these every year. Hilarious.

Lots of fun things to do at the gathering btw. For example, hit each other over the head with signs:

Also need to check out of the "seminars" that'll be there I bet that's some Ted-talk-level inspiration.

Lastly I love the shitty ass side acts. God some of that music, lmao.

MazeHaze

Banned
What a video; look forward to these every year. Hilarious.

Lots of fun things to do at the gathering btw. For example, hit each other over the head with signs:

Also need to check out of the "seminars" that'll be there I bet that's some Ted-talk-level inspiration.

Lastly I love the shitty ass side acts. God some of that music, lmao.
The Seminars is actually a cool idea. They have the artists come out and talk about what they're working on/recording currently and where their head is at, as well as discussing what their plans are for the future as far as content goes. And then they sign autographs Probably pretty awesome if you're a fan.

Don't really care for ICP at all, but I got mad respect for them. They're independent artists with their own empire, and seem to be brilliant business men.

People hate on them, but I watched a long ass interview with them on Sway's radio show and they're both extremely knowledgeable on old school hip-hop and it's very apparent that they've basically been into the hip-hop scene since the beginning.

Anybody who thinks those dudes are just morons should watch that interview.

AlexBasch

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I was going to say that Green Jelly was above this kind of stuff, but then again...

Fake edit: OF COURSE Vanilla Ice would be in this.

1upsuper

I mean, they have the infomercial aesthetic down pretty good but I don't really understand why you'd fashion your advertisement like those long-ass things no one actually sees the first half of because the only time you ever watch one is when you wake up and realize you left the TV on and now it's 4am and you're suddenly learning about ninjas in your kitchen.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I mean, they have the infomercial aesthetic down pretty good but I don't really understand why you'd fashion your advertisement like those long-ass things no one actually sees the first half of because the only time you ever watch one is when you wake up and realize you left the TV on and now it's 4am and you're suddenly learning about ninjas in your kitchen.

They've got a market and they've got it cornered. People into ICP will probably watch the whole thing.

As much as I like to make fun of ICP, I have to give it to them for making a solid and durable business from what amounted to a big fat 90's joke. Most other acts would have crashed and burned a bunch of times by now.

Top Bottom