• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Microsoft E3 Conference [Over]

What shirt should Phil Spencer wear today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bloody hell. I stayed up for this, where the hell were new exclusives. Its all good to see the games shown off a year or two ago finally being released but come on now, no actual new exclusives.

I'm giving this conference a D-.

Icolin

Banned
Sluggish to start (and too long in length), but the conference found its groove around the time they showed that Dragonball game. From there on out, I thought the conference was pretty good. Metro was the highlight, hands down, and this conference had more variety than there's been in previous years.

The Xbox One X price is a massive letdown though.

All in all, 6.5/10 conference. Not 2013 levels of terribad, but not the fantastic show I think MS needed at this point in time.

Burbeting

Banned
Almost all 3rd party games looked very good.

But 1st party offerings felt quite weak. Only really interested in Ori and Cuphead, hopefully my laptop can run them.

Aggelos

Where's Biohazard 2 Remake, The Evil Within 2, Dead or Alive 6?

Where's the JP developers : Konami, Capcom, Square, Tecmo, Sega?

offshore

In a normal year, that would certainly pass as a decent if unspectacular conference.

But when you've got a $499 machine coming out in a few months, that was... well, dreadful.

That was an okay press conference, They nailed the structure of the show but I'm afraid until Micorosft actively invest in first party studios there conferences will always lack that x factor of unknown exclusives.

Skyo

Pretty gd conf, some really cool games shown. Im still confused to what is real xbox exclusive and what is timed. Sea of thieves and Anthem!

Crazyorloco

People are actually saying this is the worst MSoft conferance? They finally show a ton of games, new hardware ($499, but you don't need to buy it...), and yet it is still horrible? Many impossible to please.

Yeah it's not bad. They showed games. That was the biggest concern, but are those games interesting? I felt only a very few were.

Anthem though ❤️

hmm, kind of surprised to see so many people hating the conference

I thought it was a good variety of games, the ones that stood out to me the most were the third party games. They better hope they can show a marked improvement over ps4 pro in gameplay if they want to sell.

Imo their pitch would be a lot better if there was a 60 fps mode for 1080p with AA, it would certainly impress me more.

Mrbob

Bioware should get back to making the kind of games they were making before the success of Mass Effect changed them.

They've been chasing what's been popular for awhile now. Remember when they wanted Dragon Age 2 to be the Call of Duty of RPGs? Then Skyrim passed them by.

I'm expecting Anthem to disappoint compared to Destiny 2.

Rektash

Wasn't a complete disaster but not that great either. They showed a lot of games but a surprising number of games looked kinda bad.

They certainly didn't sell me on the XBX with what they had to show.

Rymuth

Predicted every single exclusive in this conference save for Lucky's Tale. A puddle of water has more unpredictability than a Microsoft conference.

Seriously, those who've been expecting megaton exclusives were delusional.

PG2G

Anthem looked far better than I can imagine coming out of Xbox One. If the difference is huge I can see myself upgrading

WetWaffle

All in all, wasnt a very good conference, just console launch exclusives and no word on how long. Enjoyed Ori and that game with the fox but that was it. 6.5/10

Ogodei

Anthem seems a natural evolution from BioWare's old work along with the ground that's been broken by Horizon and Breath of the Wild (and to a lesser extent Xenoblade X, but that's just because of Anthem's focus on the mechs).

Conference didn't have any surprise, other than amazing visuals of Anthem.
It was a boring conference for me. Maybe the worst Microsoft conference this gen.

Machina

Banned
People are being very harsh on this one. The games came thick and fast and a lot of them looked really good

Metro
Sea of Thieves
Anthem
Deep Rock Galactic
Dragon Ball
Ori
Cuphead

They all looked awesome. The bad news for MS is I'm buying them all on PC. They can stick the $499

Dehnus

Price too high, they better make a good bundle out of it. Like 2 pack in games and maybe a few OG ones. They need to compensate to sweeten the deal,as Sony (if they are smart) will lower the Pro price to hit the wind out of their lungs.

Quonny

Microsoft completely and utterly failed on getting me excited for XOX. I'm sure people that like what Microsoft has offered for the past 4 years will be content, but man, I am just utterly underwhelmed.

I wanted to see a reason to buy an XOX. I don't want one anymore.

Top Bottom