• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 World Baseball Classic |OT| America prevails

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReMaKe

What was Jones referring to there?

I interpreted it as Pr thought they had an easy ride and had a parade waiting for them, shirts made and plane tickets prepared since they thought they would win tonight. Guess that fired the Americans, since they saw that as "Oh you're not taking us serious huh?". Unless I'm over analyzing.

carlos

Wait, the MVP for team USA, Marcus Stroman, is Puerto Rican? He wanted to play for PR
Nah, he chose to play for USA, that's why he and the PR bench were at it a few times tonight.

And fuck Adam Jones, PR has nothing to ever cheer about or bring the people together. The flight/ parade is a no matter what happens situation. We do that with all our athletes, even the losers. Its not all about you, USA or disrespect towards the other team. Whether they chose to create that falsehood to make themselves play harder, that is on the USA squad.

Nah, he chose to play for USA, that's why he and the PR bench were at it a few times tonight.

And fuck Adam Jones, PR has nothing to ever cheer about or bring the people together. The flight/ parade is a no matter what happens situation. We do that with all our athletes, even the losers. Its not all about you, USA or disrespect towards the other team. Whether they chose to create that falsehood to make themselves play harder, that is on the USA squad.

They printed their own shirts (not WBC issued shirts) too.

PR got a little ahead of themselves.

So proud of the USA for winning that tourney. So many awesome teams.

I would love it if PR was a state. Make em #51. It's about goddamn time. These guys, and their incredible passion, could only be a boon to the USA.

The WBC shows how cancerous the unwritten rules of baseball are in the MLB. Just let players celebrate ffs. Look how much sanitising the NFL has done and how it has hurt the product.

The WBC shows how cancerous the unwritten rules of baseball are in the MLB. Just let players celebrate ffs. Look how much sanitising the NFL has done and how it has hurt the product.

The whole Bautista bat flip thing makes me laugh. You cant celebrate a huge home run late in game 5 of the playoffs that puts you in the lead? You should be able to do whatever you want celebration wise and let your game do the talking.

Miggytronz

Proud of team Puerto Rico. They put the weight of our entire island on their backs and played the game to the best of their abilities. We'll be back in top form. AND WE'LL ALWAYS PLAY THE GAME THE WAY WE WANT PUÑETA!!!

NYCrooner

I was rooting for PR but was perfectly content with USA winning until Kinsler and Leyland went all Trump out of nowhere. Then I found it hard to watch them win. A bad apple (or two) can really spoil the bunch.

Malo

Banned
Rough translation?
Jones misinterpreted team Puerto Rico having a parade and a plane, it was being going to happen whether they won or lost. Jones was playing his role as captain, but didn't know what he was talking about. Jones should educate himself because he doesn't know what it means for the island and he should apologize.

Jones misinterpreted team Puerto Rico having a parade and a plane, it was being going to happen whether they won or lost. Jones was playing his role as captain, but didn't know what he was talking about. Jones should educate himself because he doesn't know what it means for the island and he should apologize.

He shouldn't have to apologize for disclosing what his team used as motivation to win. The reporter asked him what they used as motivation and he was just being honest. Lots of teams motivate themselves on false premises. Whatever it takes to get pumped up.....

Malo

Banned
He shouldn't have to apologize for disclosing what his team used as motivation to win. The reporter asked him what they used as motivation and he was just being honest. Lots of teams motivate themselves on false premises. Whatever it takes to get pumped up.....
Forgot to add: Jones shouldn't have made it public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom