• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2018 Fantasy Football (amer.) Discussion Thread

natjjohn

Final lineup spot.

Keelan Cole vs Sony Michel?

PPR, .2points per carry.

Have Gurley, CMC, AJ Green, and Allen Robinson locked in. Benching Burkhead, Cohen, Aaron Jones and of course busted ass Baldwin.

missed that one above ^. not many people were partaking in this thread so I stopped frequenting it.

i'll take some trade advice:

get james white
give who!? - golladay, corey davis, chris godwin, john brown, robert woods, cooper kupp, ty hilton, hopkins

guy is asking for robert woods right now, i'm thinking about countering with corey davis or golladay

am 3-1 in one friends league and 4-0 in other friends league. but cook/drake are killing me at RB

edit: he accepted for corey davis - but the league commissioner wouldn't fast track for the trade to go through by thurs night, so i backed out as it does me no good this week

Last edited:
trade advice needed:

i'm being offered Devonta Freeman - Do I give robert woods or john brown?

I have goff and kupp and like john browns future schedule, so im leaning woods. i'm just concerned for freemans health.

current rbs: cook, drake, buck allen
current wrs: hopkins, hilton, woods, john brown, kupp, golladay, corey davis, godwin

Last edited:

AaronB

In my church league, 12 team 1/2 pt ppr, qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, 2 flex, no kicker, drafting 2nd, I have:

QB: Deshaun Watson, Drew Brees
RB: Todd Gurley, Joe Mixon, Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson, CJ Anderson, Frank Gore
WR: TY Hilton, Juju Smith-Schuster, Jordy Nelson, Mike Williams, Dede Westbrook
TE: David Njoku, OJ Howard
D/ST: Chargers

I feel better about mid-round WR's than RB's this year, and with my league having 2 flex positions, I took 4 RBs early. Left me with a below-average WR group, and 2 guys with upside at TE rather than a sure thing, but I was still able to grab QBs I'm happy with - a ceiling and a floor.
This team is now 4-0, even though of my 4 early RBs, Mixon's been hurt, Henry has been a non-factor, and Kerryon started slow (but hopefully coming on now). Gurley and Juju have been getting it done.

Remember how bad Atlanta looked Week 1, and Calvin Ridley was nonexistent? I had grabbed Ridley, but then dropped him to get someone off waivers. Then Ridley became a touchdown monster.

trade advice needed:

I have goff and kupp and like john browns future schedule, so im leaning woods. i'm just concerned for freemans health.

current wrs: hopkins, hilton, woods, john brown, kupp, golladay, corey davis, godwin
I'd take it - you're deep at WR, and things aren't looking good for Cook or Drake.

This team is now 4-0, even though of my 4 early RBs, Mixon's been hurt, Henry has been a non-factor, and Kerryon started slow (but hopefully coming on now). Gurley and Juju have been getting it done.

Remember how bad Atlanta looked Week 1, and Calvin Ridley was nonexistent? I had grabbed Ridley, but then dropped him to get someone off waivers. Then Ridley became a touchdown monster.

Thanks for input! Having shit ass RBs byt stacked at WR and streaming qbs/tes has yielded a 3-1 team. My other league im 4-0 though.

Week 5 im playing both 4-0 teams though, expecting to go 3-2 and 5-0

natjjohn

trade advice needed:

I like Woods more than Brown. Rams look like a super team and able to support a lot of fantasy mouths. But it’s your team. Def need some RB help. Cook and Drake I’m sure has been rough to this point

I like Woods more than Brown. Rams look like a super team and able to support a lot of fantasy mouths. But it’s your team. Def need some RB help. Cook and Drake I’m sure has been rough to this point

Agreed i like woods more than brown, but the guy didnt bite when i offered brown. I keep telling myself though, its okay, because i have goff, so incase i miss out the woods tds/yardage, goff will still earn something. Plus ive got that kupp stack. It was really hard to give up some of my top talent, but as you can see every week was hard just leaving tons of wrs pts on the bench while im staring at my RBs putting up a collective 4pts.

Oh well! Lookin forward to seeing how this works out. A bit nervous, but gotta make moves while you can, better to do it early than late. Another week or two and people would be trading for draft picks as its a keeper league

Last edited:

natjjohn

Final spot. PPR .2 points per carry:

Aaron Jones vs Detroit
Baldwin vs Rams
Keelan Cole vs Chiefs
Jordan Reed vs Saints

I’m thinking Jordan Reed. Seems like a blow up game for him. Thoughts?

natjjohn

Did a traditional snake draft picking 7th out of 12, standard scoring. NFL Fantasy folks gave me a C+ and that’d I’d finish 2-11, but not sure how they’ve landed on that conclusion. Maybe I’m overconfident in the selections. Admittedly weak at QB, but it’s only 4pt passing TDs so don’t think will kill me. What do you think?

QBs: Mahomes, Dalton
RBs: Gordon, McCaffrey, Mixon, Ingram
WRs: Diggs, Cooks, Watkins, Keelan Cole, Mike Williams
TEs: Graham, Walker
K: Gostkowski
Def: Jags D

Barring some sort of mass wave of injury though the squad, guarantee win more than two games. Have to start two RBs and two WRs with a flex.

I’ve beat expectations already with 3 wins and highest scoring team.

Final spot. PPR .2 points per carry:

Aaron Jones vs Detroit
Baldwin vs Rams
Keelan Cole vs Chiefs
Jordan Reed vs Saints

I’m thinking Jordan Reed. Seems like a blow up game for him. Thoughts?

Whod you end up picking?

I prob would have said keelan cole if i saw this earlier.

That devonta freeman/robert woods trade effed me hard this week. If i kept woods i would have played him over john brown (18 vs 8 pts) and then i would have been forced to play kenya drake instead of freeman ( 21 vs. 5pts)

It was more of a long term investment so hoping to see a good return in the future games. Going 3-2 in one league, and the other is closer than id like it to be but SHOULD come out with a win to be 5-0

edit: fuck you very much Drew Brees and Kamara. 3-2 and 4-1, not 5-0! :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom