• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 is the year Skynet makes the T-800 Terminator

ManaByte

Lets go!!!

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

arnold schwarzenegger film GIF

jason10mm

Gold Member
Get Emelia Clarke back as Sarah Conner and let her eyebrows battle another Terminator! That bit of casting was aight.

I'm still kinda sad we never got an easter egg scene of all the other 80's action stars in their prime as background T-800 model 102s, 103s, etc in T2 or T3. Guess they could do it now with CGI but man, in 1991 if there was just a flash of a factory scene with Arnie stepping off the assembly line but Dolph, Sly, Jean, Wesley (probably too early for him), Brian Thompson, and guys like that were standing in the background, shrouded in mist, oh, it would have been GLORIOUS!

I'm loving the Robocop game that just came out, how is the Terminator game those guys made? Gonna scratch that itch?

E-Cat

In the end, they were probably less than 10 years off in terms of the cognitive and physical capabilities.

Integrating with cyborg skin may take some more time, though.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Skynet has been in my area as an internet service provider for years.
Their logo is very unassuming. Kind of like how I imagine it all went down in the Terminator universe.
qjYgHnM.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm loving the Robocop game that just came out, how is the Terminator game those guys made? Gonna scratch that itch?

If you can get it for $20-$30 its worth every penny. Solid looter-shooter with light rpg elements, sidequests, and even a couple different endings and romance options.

The Stig

Get Emelia Clarke back as Sarah Conner and let her eyebrows battle another Terminator! That bit of casting was aight.

I'm still kinda sad we never got an easter egg scene of all the other 80's action stars in their prime as background T-800 model 102s, 103s, etc in T2 or T3. Guess they could do it now with CGI but man, in 1991 if there was just a flash of a factory scene with Arnie stepping off the assembly line but Dolph, Sly, Jean, Wesley (probably too early for him), Brian Thompson, and guys like that were standing in the background, shrouded in mist, oh, it would have been GLORIOUS!

its awesome and worth every penny

xrnzaaas

Maybe in this reality the AI can't create machines to exterminate mankind, but at least it's capable of creating high quality nude fakes of famous celebrities.

Ulysses 31

The T-800 was made after a nuclear war.

People like to ignore the more insidious steps of AI manipulating mankind into handing over power before it would come to what we see in the movie. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
The T-800 was made after a nuclear war.

People like to ignore the more insidious steps of AI manipulating mankind into handing over power before it would come to what we see in the movie. :messenger_winking_tongue:
That and the fact that AI vs. concept of the T-800 are pretty far off. That goes to say you're follow lore from the first movie alone and stop right there.

Well, there's also historical events that were going on where the script was written too. It was common to sci-fi/action movies of the 80's to include themes touching on the still ongoing Cold War. Given nuclear war still seemed like a future reality then, it was context most who don't recall the Cold War can't relate to either.

Top Bottom