• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 | What are you playing in January?

I am interested in.....

• Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (PC, PS4/5, XB1/S|X, NSW)

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (PC, PS4/5, XB1/S|X)

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Tekken 8 (PC, PS5, XBS|X)

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Rugby '24 (PC, PS4/5, XB1/S|X)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apollo Justice Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC, PS4/5, XB1/S|X, NSW, Android, iOS, 3|DS)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • The Last of Us Pt II Remastered (PS5)

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • The Cub (PC, PS4/5, XB1/S|X, NSW)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graven (PC, PS4/5, XB1/S|X, NSW)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Momodora: Moonlit Farewell (PC)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • BlazBlue: Entropy Effect (PC)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Bulletstorm VR (Quest, PSVR2)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other/Backlog (post in thread).....

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters

cormack12

Gold Member
Quiet month for me. Will get the upgrade for TLOU given its discount price, not sure I'l play through it though until late in the month or even in the year. Might be tempted to try PoP, but goingt o wait for reviews for that one.

Dazraell

I'm interested in picking up Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, but will wait for reviews. Otherwise, I'll be focused on clearing my backlog

Last edited:

Gee

Will get the TLOU2 remake and like a dragon at a later point in time, still busy with a nice set of backlog titles.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Prince of Persia looks neat, probably just that.

Mr Hyde

TLOU2 is the only "new" game I'm interested in but I'm not sure I'm up for a new go at it. Platinumed it not long ago. Lots of old games to play through though.

ssringo

ER6xqwj.jpg
xslRTE7.jpg

Very much looking forward to Moonlit Farewell. Their last game, Minoria, was good but a bit of a letdown. Loved Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight so hoping for a return to form.

Majormaxxx

Just started gran Turismo 7 - so it will be in rotation for the next year for sure. On Gran Turismo Sport I have 170 hours and still have 35 races to complete it...

Others that I am finishing:

Force Unleashed
Control
Legacy of Thieves

Looking forward to: Jedi Survivor

Aion002

I gotta finish GoW Ragnarok and Cyberpunk 2077, plat AC6 and then buy Granblue Relink at the end of the month.

xrnzaaas

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth will cover my free time at least until March. Not interested in other January releases and I'll just keep chipping away at my backlog.

Topher

Gold Member
TLOU P2 was a fun platinum so I'm looking forward to doing it again on PS5.

Other than than that, too many other games I own that I still want to play.

Last edited:

marcincz

Backlog only.
I need to finish Spider-Man 2.
Besides I am going to start Trails from Zero next week and maybe Callisto Protocol.

clarky

Gold Member
Alan wake 2. Dropped it after few hours on release. Didn't grab me at all but willing to give it another go.

BigLee74

Alan Wake 2.

After a ‘wtf is this?’ start, I am now loving it. Surprisingly meaty too!

Jump scares can fuck right off though, there should be an option to turn that shit off.

The previous Momodora was a pretty standard metroidvania, but man those games look beautiful. So I will play the sequel at some point. And I already own Graven.

cormack12

Gold Member
Well I ended up playing Ragnarok through to platinum and am now picking up ffvii again from chapter 13. Then tlou pt1 followed by a second playthrough of tlou ptii remastered

stn

Isn't Infinite Wealth coming in February? I've pre-ordered Tekken 8, and TLOU 2, though I will only start Tekken. I beat TLOU 2 last year so I'm going to wait until going for the platinum and replaying it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Started Splinter Cell Blacklist from 2013 to see what’s so good, what a game this splinter cell is.

re4 remake

didnt like it at first
movement is actually slower and more cumbersome than the original
no red dot by default is dumb
melee isnt as effective
levels feel... simplified? hard to explain
arms dealer isnt quite right
blind spiky arms screetchy boy was lame
krauser knife battle was actually worse than the dumb original QTE crap

but overall fun and looks great.
just beat it, and now going through it again with my upgraded weapons and just curbstomping everyone.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
re4 remake

didnt like it at first
movement is actually slower and more cumbersome than the original
no red dot by default is dumb
melee isnt as effective
levels feel... simplified? hard to explain
arms dealer isnt quite right
blind spiky arms screetchy boy was lame
krauser knife battle was actually worse than the dumb original QTE crap

but overall fun and looks great.
just beat it, and now going through it again with my upgraded weapons and just curbstomping everyone.
Yeah the merchants not right as it’s a different voice - to me.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Tekken 8 - going to play all the characters. I’ve stuck to the same picks for way too long.
TLoUp2 - one of the best game dramas ever made.

I thought Granblue Fantasy Relink was in January, but that’s early February.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Most of it will likely be still playing The Finals. Looking forward to Tekken 8 and Yakuza:IW also. I may buy the upgrade for The Last of Us II and play it since I still haven't played that game. Maybe the PS5 version will motivate me enough to get around to it.

Pimpollo818

finished/rolled credits:
Dave the Diver 2/4
Turbo Overkill 3/4
Astalon Tears of the Earth 1/4

starting soon:
Boomerang X
Gravity Circuit
Sifu

Skifi28

Backlog month, trying to finish all the older kingdom hearts game so I can start 3 in February. Finished 1, chain of memories and 358/2 and moving on to the second game.

Deerock71

I just ordered Black Flag physical for the Switch for clearance prices (14.99) at Walmart.com. That, Prince of Persia, and the Apollo Justice games should keep me stocked up on my backlog.

Top Bottom