• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

21st Century Fox will investigate harassment claims against Bill O'Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News' parent company, 21st Century Fox, will open an investigation into sexual harassment claims against Bill O'Reilly, an attorney who represents one of his accusers said Sunday.

The probe comes after Lisa Bloom, a civil rights attorney and advocate, called the network's corporate hotline last week with her client, Wendy Walsh, to make a complaint against O'Reilly. She put a video of the phone call on YouTube.

Bloom said Sunday on "Reliable Sources" that attorneys from the company told her and Walsh on Friday that they would conduct the investigation based on Walsh's complaint.
"I'm told that they are taking it seriously, and they are going to do the investigation that's legally required of them," Bloom told CNN's Brian Stelter.

Asked about Bloom's comments Sunday, a 21st Century Fox spokesman told CNNMoney that the company "investigates all complaints and we have asked the law firm Paul Weiss to continue assisting the company in these serious matters."

Ratings have actually gone up since the allegations were made public though I'm sure that wont suprise many on GAF. Will the investigation turn up anything? If the allegations s are true can we expect Fox to let go of their golden goose? They pay him at least 20 million a year and he dominates in ratings. With Megyn Kelly gone that just leaves Hannity at the top.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/09/media/fox-news-bill-oreilly-new-investigation/

46tb5ZG.png

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
His advice on how to treat women in his new book "Old School" is a creepy combination of prescient and hypocritical.

Boke1879

There were way too many woman at Fox saying shit about him. This should be pretty open and shut, but you know how it goes.

Slayven

There were way too many woman at Fox saying shit about him. This should be pretty open and shut, but you know how it goes.

It seems like a work place culture thing with all the shit with Alies.

High ratings only help if people are buying ads.

FStubbs

I doubt it matters. There's plenty of money to be made in the Hate Industry and plenty of Bill O'Reillys out there.

RPGCrazied

They are going to have to can this guy aren't they? Only matter of time at this point. Ailes got booted, and he was the head of the company? Course he got millions and millions of dollars when he left, but still.

And its hilarious Trump thinks him a good guy. What is with perverts? Got to stick together I guess?

RPGCrazied

I heard he only had 10 ads on his show last time, mostly infomercials and catheter commericals. lol

All the big national ads left.

No way will Fox get rid of him... Even after settling in court, he's pulling in bonkers ratings. The advertiser who pulled their ads simply transferred to a different time slot.

The man sickens me tbh.

"The investigation has concluded that this is all a liberal deep state operation run by Susan Rice and Obama to discredit a great American hero. Watch O'Reilly tonight to show liberals they will not win."

It's gonna take more than that to get O'Reilly canned. He is the biggest thing in news and has been for at least a decade.

Eh, ratings only matter cause traditionally advertisers value the bigger reach. If other external factors result in significant drops in ads, production costs will end up exceeding the revenue from advertisements. Shows get canned when production costs continually exceed revenue.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'm sure O'Reilly is close to retirement anyway, if he was removed from the network he'd just live out the rest of his life upon his pile of millions.

There's not really any justice in the world.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Oh God that audio book reading on John Oliver's show last night was too much
Is it the new book? I order books for my store so I read the synopsis, i saw "snowflakes" and how men used to be men and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom