• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24 hour McDonald’s to offer breakfast items after midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
the fuck? where the McGriddles?

i know midnight Hot Cakes + Sausage + Hash Browns is too much to ask, but they can at least have a fucking McGriddle.

But Hot Cakes + Sausage and Hash Browns are all on the menu!

Sausage McMuffin w/Egg > all

RedAssedApe

Banned
Feel like I'm in a time warp. Didn't they announce this like last year? I swear my local mcdonalds has been doing this for awhile now (CA).

They should just serve breakfast all day. It's the only menu that has halfway decent food.
this

sausage egg muffins all day

i had a friend who'd worked at mcdonalds explain why they couldn't serve breakfast all day. but if jack in the crack can pull it off i don't know why "select locations" couldn't try it. either way glad to see them making breakfast more available.. stuff does miracles for hangovers. not that i would know or anything
jack in the crack did it because mcdonald's isn't as cruel to their employees. Basically, and my memory is rusty, we would have to switch part of the grill out to cook breakfast stuff vs the regular lunch menu. So naturally, when you have a billion people rolling in at lunch and one dude gets some egg sandwich everything sucks immediately.

Agnt

Mcdonalds...
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

No McGriddles, no sale. Seriously McDonalds - the breakfast item most likely to be craved by the late-night audience, and you ignore it. Why? Are the syrup buns that precious?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wish our McD's was open 24 hours. Breakfast is the best thing they have. But I'm rarely up before 11AM but am always up after midnight.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I have to imagine that at least once I'll be with friends and we'll make a terrible mistake and buy $100 worth of Egg McMuffins because dammit we're hungry.

Apath

Hotcakes with sausage is listed, but the McGriddle absence is surprising.

Midnight hash browns is the best news ever. Or would be if I still lived within walking distance of a McD's and worked nights.

I don't know how I missed that. This announcement has been redeemed.

GavinGT

Banned
Oh great, now my local McDonald's can provide even worse service after midnight. I didn't think that would be possible.

1. pull up to intercom
2. automated message says, "Thank you for choosing McDonald's! What can I make for you today?"
3a. start ordering and I'm interrupted with "uhh can you wait a minute?"
3b. say nothing and I sit there without being greeted for just about forever
4. I'm told they are accepting cash only, because apparently this multinational corporation can't get its shit together
5. things pop up on the order screen that seem to indicate the cashier has no idea what they're doing
6. wait in line 20 minutes because I'm 6 cars back
7. finally get to window and they ask, "Uhh, what did you order?"
8. after another long wait, they shove a bag in my face and give me a look like "go away"
9. ask for sauces, napkins, straw, they hand me a huge pile as if to say again "go away"
10. navigate through a pile of trash strewn about the drive-thru to get out
11. get home, food sucks
12. come back a few days later because nothing else is open

No mcgriddles because those take around 7 minutes to bake. You wouldn't want them to give you old stale mcgriddles would you? And they wouldn't want any order to take that long. Same with biscuits that's why it's only muffins and burritos. Stuff that takes seconds or a few minutes to make.
And about the cash only that only happens during a 30 minute time frame where the system needs to be closed for that day and opened for the following day. All credit card use is unavailable during that time.

Bigger news is the return of the small beef patty to the late night menu, and the Big Macs, McDoubles and other burgers with it. Since I work at night, McDonalds is one of the few places I can get lunch at 3:30 AM and I haven't much enjoyed subsisting on quarter pounders alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom