• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's Setting Their Sights on Dunkin' with upcoming breakfast item

norm9

From https://www.delish.com/food-news/a25738148/mcdonalds-donut-sticks/

McDonald's plans to release "Donut Sticks" in February, Business Insider reports. The site obtained internal documents from McDonald's that seemingly confirm the forthcoming breakfast menu item.
The donut sticks—which not-so-subtly sound like Dunkin's new-ish mega-hit, Donut Fries—are described in the document as "strips of sweetened dough that are deep fried until golden brown, then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar." Per the documents, they'll only be served during breakfast hours.
The Donut Sticks will also seemingly be available in half-dozen and full dozen packs nationwide next month. The six-pack will come in around $1.29; A full order of 12 will be $2.39. There will also be the option to bundle a six-pack with a small coffee—that'll cost $1.99, which is comparable to Dunkin's $2 price.

There's been no official McD's confirmation, but the rumored date for these Donut Sticks is February.

I work next to a local donut shop so I can't really go somewhere else and start eating these donut sticks on the regular, but I'll give it a try.

First Burger King came up with chicken fries and now donuts as sticks (I'm purposely ignoring bars as sticks because of width). Twenty ninteeen is truly the future; What will they come up with next?!

Since there's no official picture yet, here's a picture of the Dunkin' sticks so you can imagine what the McD's version will essentially look like.

Bah dah dah Duhh dahh if old.

Does Burger King still sell hotdogs? I tried them once and was unimpressed.

My favorite gas station snack were these things called “Dunk’in Sticks” or something like that; they were delicious. Basically just donut sticks but you get a thicker layer of glaze/frosting crust.

I can’t find them where I live anymore....

Hulk_Smash

Banned

My favorite gas station snack were these things called “Dunk’in Sticks” or something like that; they were delicious. Basically just donut sticks but you get a thicker layer of glaze/frosting crust.

Also my favorite gas station junk food item. Perfect to dunk in my gas station vanilla “cappuccino”.

Also my favorite gas station junk food item. Perfect to dunk in my gas station vanilla “cappuccino”.

Yeah. There were a few brands but these tasted best to me

2012-01-28-21-52-20.jpg

I swear they aren’t sold anywhere in my current state. I gotta go back home and smuggle over a box

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Yeah. There were a few brands but these tasted best to me

2012-01-28-21-52-20.jpg

I swear they aren’t sold anywhere in my current state. I gotta go back home and smuggle over a box

Mine were little debbie’s. Always cheaper than hostess where I grew up. I’ve seen LDs around but not the hostess ones.

cryptoadam

Banned
Isnt this a Churo?

Anyways McD's, we go there for cheap burgers and fries. Bring back the Cheap part because its starting to break my bank now a days (for CAD funds of course).

Isnt this a Churo?

Anyways McD's, we go there for cheap burgers and fries. Bring back the Cheap part because its starting to break my bank now a days (for CAD funds of course).

I was lamenting how in my high school days we could go into a fast food place with 5 bucks and get full.

Now 5 bucks is less than a regular combo

cryptoadam

Banned
I was lamenting how in my high school days we could go into a fast food place with 5 bucks and get full.

Now 5 bucks is less than a regular combo

Big Mac Combo is essentially 10 CAD. Good thing those coupons come once every few months LOL.

Now I am "only" paying 6.50 for a Trio

zeioIIDX

This has nothing to do with the topic but I wanted an excuse to post this:

XYfH2Mz.png

Fuck a Donut Stick, they need to bring back those Mighty Wings.

-Minsc-

I'm reminded of the days when McD's introduced pizza. It was so long ago I don't remember how it tasted, if I ever had any. Must not have gone over well since I don't remember it being there long.

appaws

Banned
I want. McGriddles were a stroke of genius. I would like to wash my McGriddle down with some McDonut Sticks.

Gander

Banned

They don't sell the hotdogs anymore but I thought they were good. Tasted like grill hotdogs to me.

Burger King's best breakfast item by far is their french toast sticks. I could eat a billion of those. FUN FACT: Burger King's french toast sticks are vegan.

Codes 208

Well your mistake was buying Burger King. As much as I love their fries and cheap nuggets, I really don’t care for literally every other burnt product they sell.

Well your mistake was buying Burger King. As much as I love their fries and cheap nuggets, I really don’t care for literally every other burnt product they sell.

Indeed

giphy.gif

When I was a kid the Burger King near my house was seemingly the freshest fast food place in my neighborhood. Loved going there.

Over time it seems like most BKs I go to are borderline gross. One time the burger was wet and soggy, literally as if it had been dunked in water.

Their Chicken Parm was surprisingly good tho IMO

BK also tends to slather a whole jar of mayo on everything too.

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
Five Guys has the winning formula though as far as employees behaving properly. I don't think Burger King cares enough to adopt their strategy though.

Codes 208

I mean, BK didn’tused to be so bad. But I can barely stand them now.

Though tbf, at least I’ll eat their food. I absolutely can not stand subway and my town has four of them. FOUR OF THEM!

I mean, BK didn’tused to be so bad. But I can barely stand them now.

Though tbf, at least I’ll eat their food. I absolutely can not stand subway and my town has four of them. FOUR OF THEM!

I read that Subway is the most over-saturated franchise.

Like not that it’s the most common/biggest, but that there’s no corporate restriction to distance between shops. Like someone can open a Subway right being another Subway.

Not sure if true

Top Bottom