• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

It should be Master.

lol, nah.

Though it would make the most sense considering the name "final boss". Are you super or ultra diamond? You're probably the best player in this thread, so we should probably designate a special title just for you since you're actually the final final boss around here.

I am down for outfits that change looks and specials colors
They could even have different super(ofc has to have same damage,range,oki etc)

Gief could have new animations

King got that Rainmaker outfit which is sick but also gives him a different super and some different animations for when certain throws land

But wait this is capcom
They cheap out on everything
But they do go in on dlc outfits so....

also mods
I've already put 30$ into my PSN account.

25$ for the T7 season pass and the rest for ONE premium outfit for SFV if a good one shows up.

The fact that there is not a single good costume for me in this game, despite the fact that I play 3 characters, is sad.

Numb

I've already put 30$ into my PSN account.

25$ for the T7 season pass and the rest for ONE premium outfit for SFV if a good one shows up.

The fact that there is not a single good costume for me in this game, despite the fact that I play 3 characters, is sad.
You should start expanding alittle bit more. Been waiting for a decent Rashid outfit forever

I play Ryu and got beard which was amazing till hip hop showed up. BLESSED
Alex also got good shit

Numb

Now if Ingrid gets in, I will blame you.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vcHV1LnNoL3Z0RVR1LzNiMDJlY2MwNDIuZ2lmIn0.X98vUGIwcPYe77pDBSW2xvvM5KA

Hey, you're already doing better than me. I'm still bouncing around in the Bronze leagues.

Its my own fault though. I play too infrequently and don't dedicate tiem to training.

That's my biggest issue. I try to study the game but I rarely execute what I preach. So I end up doing stupid shit.

Gonna change that this week. It's mostly practice with a few matches scattered around. Akuma and Necalli only. No character switching. Just gonna stick it out.

FluxWaveZ

lol, nah.

Though it would make the most sense considering the name "final boss". Are you super or ultra diamond? You're probably the best player in this thread, so we should probably designate a special title just for you since you're actually the final final boss around here.

Ultra Diamond, though that's not necessary.

You should start expanding alittle bit more. Been waiting for a decent Rashid outfit forever

I play Ryu and got beard which was amazing till hip hop showed up. BLESSED
Alex also got good shit
The characters that I play are the ones that never get cool costumes in this game :(

I just can't really play other characters in this game, I just don't "gel" with them. That's why I can never be one of those people that just bandwagons to the latest broken/top-tier character.

Fortunately I do play Kolin now who is a sexy blonde lady so she's most definitely gonna get costumes in the next themed event.

Numb

The characters that I play are the ones that never get cool costumes in this game :(

I just can't really play other characters in this game, I just don't "gel" with them. That's why I can never be one of those people that just bandwagons to the latest broken/top-tier character.

Fortunately I do play Kolin now who is a sexy blonde lady so she's most definitely gonna get costumes in the next themed event.
dlc characters got that bonus of coming with new shit
I should have played more ranked in season 1

Shouldve before they came for your character

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I should have played more ranked in season 1

Eh. I barely play online. When I do its mostly against my friends in battle lounge with whom I play offline. I think the highest I ever got was gold, however my rank never survives the occasional drunk session.

Numb

Eh. I barely play online. When I do its mostly against my friends in battle lounge with whom I play offline. I think the highest I ever got was gold, however my rank never survives the occasional drunk session.

99% of my time is battle lounge with friends and gaffers
Gonna be a rookie forever ;_;

MrCarter

l
Never. Ed is magnificent but that doesn't negate the fact that the men of Street Fighter are still starved on a whole when it comes to fun, fanservice alts, and just design attention in general.

Everyone should get to take part, and I'll keep pushing for it until it happens. :)

That was in jest! Of course I want more lol.

I like the fact Ed's open shirt attire leaves Alex's fireman outfit in the dust. Even his DLC costume is low tier lol.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
99% of my time is battle lounge with friends and gaffers
Gonna be a rookie forever ;_;

I wouldn't put much stock in the rank. I'm sure you're probably getting a much more quality experience playing with friends and gaffers anyway.

Numb

I wouldn't put much stock in the rank. I'm sure you're probably getting a much more quality experience playing with friends and gaffers anyway.

I'd rather side by side but people you know online next best thing instead of random strangers
Have more fun that way

Shadoken

Dumb hypothesis time!

Season two is celebrating the 30th anniversary of Street Fighter by including one character with ties to each of the Street Fighter subseries.

II - Akuma
Final Fight - Abigail (following in the footsteps of fellow Final Fight bosses Sodom and Rolento)
EX - Garuda
III - Kolin (first appeared as Gill’s servant)
IV - Ed (first appeared in Rose’s ending in IV and then Balrog’s ending in SSFIV)
Alpha 3 - Satsuki? brand new character (the female silhouette)

Bonus Character
SF1- Sagat

I’m also kind of hoping that we’ll get Sagat as a surprise SFI representative.

Maybe it could be like that? We have one rep for every Storyline.

So for Ed, has anyone figured out what moves from the moves list are what moves shown off in the trailer?

I'm having a hard time telling what's what.

myco666

So for Ed, has anyone figured out what moves from the moves list are what moves shown off in the trailer?

I'm having a hard time telling what's what.

First special move in the trailer is Psycho Flicker

Psycho Upper is the uppercut

Psycho Rising is the upwards kick move and Psycho Splash is the follow up

Psycho Spark is the 'fireball'

Psycho Knuckle is the one around 0:40

Neoxon

So apparently Ed's s.LP & s.LK are 3 frames on start-up according to some of the guys who are analyzing the trailer.

That'd be pretty insane if that's true.

That was in jest! Of course I want more lol.

I like the fact Ed's open shirt attire leaves Alex's fireman outfit in the dust. Even his DLC costume is low tier lol.
Being on Team Beefcake is always the right choice.

Alex's Firefighter alt is still really nice, and his Halloween alt is great too. Ed's Battle Costume is just another welcome costume to add to that group.

First special move in the trailer is Psycho Flicker

Psycho Upper is the uppercut

Psycho Rising is the upwards kick move and Psycho Splash is the follow up

Psycho Spark is the 'fireball'

Psycho Knuckle is the one around 0:40
Ok cool, this pretty much lines up with my assumptions.
Calling it now: Ed is going to be the hardest character to play.
But aren't commands where most people foul up combos? Unless they give him one frame links to compensate for a lack of command inputs, why do you think he would be difficult to use?

Skilletor

maybe it has a razer pcb, kappa

I was going to a tourney on campus and my wife asked, "What stick are you taking?"

"The Panthera," I responded.

"The razer? Really?"

And she just looked at me like I should know better until I said, "The Ibuki TE2."

And that's the stick I took.

Bob White

OK, I'm not going crazy. My local facebook group for the Seattle fighting game scene is all the same. No one can connect to the street fighter 5 servers. And all of us have been going through this for 2 days.

What. In. The. Fuck.

Any other regions?

Ok cool, this pretty much lines up with my assumptions.

But aren't commands where most people foul up combos? Unless they give him one frame links to compensate for a lack of command inputs, why do you think he would be difficult to use?

Actually, its not commands - its all timing, Most people really struggle on the 'when' to input a command, especially when its something where a normal is multi-hit, and they have to see what happens when you cancel during the 1st or 2nd hit.

In either case, I think Ed is still going to be a difficult character to master, yet fascinating character for the ongoing debate about accessibility in fighting games. His commands look relatively simple, but he seems to have a ton going for him even still. This is obviously going to tap into a far bigger debate going on in the FGC about accessible inputs, drawing in a larger userbase, and retaining high-execution play. Super stoked for this weekend.

Edzi

I can't stop watching his trailer, he just looks too sick. Just praying at this point that the controls won't be a deal breaker.

MrCarter

Wait Maximillian didn't do a Ed video? Why did he do one for Kolin and not him? He makes a silly video of rocket racoon (that was in the previous game anyway) super yet he can't do one for a really dynamic and exciting new character in the SF franchise. Unsubscribed.

Lulubop

Wait Maximillian didn't do a Ed video? Why did he do one for Kolin and not him? He makes a silly video of rocket racoon (that was in the previous game anyway) super yet he can't do one for a really dynamic and exciting new character in the SF franchise. Unsubscribed.

Chill bro, he obviously doesn't care for the game. Let him do him

Skilletor

IT's been like 3 hours since the character was announced, lol. Calm down, meign.

I can't stop watching his trailer, he just looks too sick. Just praying at this point that the controls won't be a deal breaker.

Scrubby Ed v. Scrubby Ed lobby on Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom