• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Ed's default costume colors have been revealed.

9kvE50N.png

Shadoken

Casuals aren't going to get invested. They might cheer a little bit, but only because they had to pretend like arcade mode was the only thing stopping them from playing the game right now.

It'd have to be something substantial to get people on board. I'm talking world tour with all the trimmings. The kind of mode that has a bunch of extras and features a causal player would go "hm, maybe I should try this". Arcade mode is forever too lean to offer that sort of runback.

Yea a World Tour mode would easily get ppl on board.

Well I expect major announcements for season 3 at capcop. Dunno if that's a big surprise

I mean thats expected. A Season 3 patch + New Season pass reveal. Anything more would be a surprise.

As TheSpoiler said:

latest
jS0G7SN.jpg

I don't think it's her. The silhouette isn't wearing a skirt, and Hinata doesn't use any sort of objects when fighting. (Like whatever that thin object the silhouette is holding.)

Also, if the stages the silhouettes are placed over means anything, Hinata doesn't have any connection to South America.

remz

The second sillhouette after Ed, there's a little pointy thing sticking out of the outline of the character's head, almost like they have cat ears or something. Don't think I ever noticed that before.
I think it's a little ninja mask like Yusuke's in P5...

maxresdefault.jpg

Might be worn on the side of the head. Would fit well with the thing that looks like it might be a sword

Maybe she got a redesign? I don't see her in the CFN Vault so it's possible.

Hanshin Tigers?

Just looked up some Japanese baseball teams and that fits the color scheme.

Well that's neat.

Also, I just realized the top of that Capcom website has the server status. That's neat as well.

MCD250

Ahahaha the next character is totally Mecha Gief.

Didnt someone once claim that to be the case a while back?
I'd actually be okay with that but they should make him a separate character from Gief. Say that he's a robot that Gief built so that he could have more people to fight.

leroidys

I would love some more Rival Schools stuff, but honestly I just don't think that the ones that aren't basically just another shoto would work that well in SFV.

I want a Canadian character in SF, but I'm not too hot on the idea of Abigail. :/ (Unless he gets a cool makeover.)

I feel like that's a real stretch though. Is he really the next Final Fight character they'd go for? He seems was too similar to Birdie in terms of aesthetic and potential fighting style.

Ryce

TI0XhCb.png

It's hard for me to see anyone but Abigail with that haircut, protruding brow, studded choker, and tanktop straps.

Lulubop

We don't know how Abigail is being redesign, look how big Hugo is, now imagine someone 100 plus pounds bigger. Of course he's going bw top heavy. You think capcom wants the back lash from a mecha how'd? Come on bro.

VariantX

He spends more time talking about not liking sfv than he does about Ed. Jesus.

It's just a waste of time for him to keep explaining and trying to justify his position on something he doesn't have to justify to begin with. He could have just said what he liked and didn't like about Ed and saved 2 minutes of video.

Femto.

Max doesn't like the game, I don't know what you guys expected when you clicked the video.

He probably has to explain himself because if he didn't, people would bug him as to why doesn't he like SFV. Either he's damned for explaining it over and over, or damned for just saying he doesn't like the game.

cackhyena

I think I've come to the realization that I just don't like this game. Beta 1 was where I was highest on it and it's been a slow decline ever since. It's crazy to think I've had more fun with 4 and all its horseshit over this one.

Blueblur1

Redditor posted where he found the image. Its from this promotional page Capcom made for Ed. (Which is weird because its as if they're trying to make him attractive to casuals.)

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/promotion/ed

Edit:

The lyrics in Ed's song sounds like its attack about him and Bison. Hmm, another character with lyrics in their theme? Will Ed be the main character of the new story/story mode Sneakers was hinting at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom