• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

275.000 Diablo 3 Beta invites incoming

Freki

We’re in the process of sending out 275,000 Diablo III beta invites to our opt-in testers. As it’ll take us a while to notify all the lucky invitees, we recommend heading to your Battle.net Account Management and seeing if you’ve received a Diablo III beta license. If you have, you’re good to go! Download the beta client and use your Battle.net account and password to log in once it’s installed. While you’re logged into your Account Management page though, don’t forget to create your BattleTag. You can choose this permanent account-wide nickname by clicking on the BattleTag “Create one now” link on the left side of your main Battle.net Account page. Choose wisely as there’s no current ability to change it. A BattleTag is required to play Diablo III, and so whether you get into beta or not you should pick one while you’re there.

Keep in mind that with such a large amount of invites for our test hardware we fully expect a strong possibility of stress test issues, such as an inability to log in, disconnections, and potential lag/latency. We’ll also be testing our queuing system ,which you may see when attempting to enter a game.

Thank you for your continued help, feedback, and patience as we approach the May 15 release.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4427704063

Torraz

Again no invite, if all they are sending out are notifications :(...

Then again I don't think I have ever been invited to a beta (due to luck).

Freki

Going by past experiences it would be best to check your accounts - the invitation mails can be trailing the actual invites by hours to days...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Woot I just checked my account info and there it is!

Kalnos

Banned
People don't know what "we're in the process" means. At least, I imagine they wouldn't flag all of those accounts simultaneously.

Holy hell am I going to be bitterly disappointed if I don't get in this near to last wave. All I want to do now is see how it runs on my pc and get a better idea of what class I want to play on launch day. Hell, I'd pre-buy it if that guaranteed me a spot. I've just always had miserable luck with blizzard betas.

PatzCU

Once again, I didn't get in... Not that I care, I've been playing on other people's bnet accounts for months, but still funny how horrible my beta luck is.

Just 275 invites? shame.
Plenty of countries swap the comma and decimal so $275.000,00 is as valid in some countries as $275,000.00 is in yours.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark#Hindu-Arabic_numeral_system

Looks like Arabic countries would write $275٬000٫00, which I didn't know until now (Any Arabic GAFfers: is this correct?). Oh and Persia writes like $275٫000/00... Interesting.

Edit: I should give up and just look at the examples of use...

On-topic: Has anything changed in the beta since a month or two ago? I played through it co-op with a mate and found it pretty underwhelming.

Didn't get one
LLShC.gif

Flib

After getting pissed for not making it into the new batch of invites for the Mists of Pandaria beta, seems I just got the Diablo invite. Sweeeeeet!

SoulUnison

Banned
No Mists beta yet after signing up for Annual Pass the second day it was available.
Annnnd...no Diablo III beta after opting in the *hour* it first went up.

Meh.

KorrZ

Blizzard hates me. I played WoW for 6 years starting the first day it came out and I've still NEVER gotten into one of their betas ever. FUCK YOU Blizzard :(.

Top Bottom