• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K Is Teasing Bioshock News For This Week

schaft0620

Over on the official 2K Games Twitter account, they have submerged into a Bioshock marketing campaign. In the early morning hours, the account began posting Bioshock fan art. Along with that, it changed its profile picture to Bioshock antagonist Andrew Ryan. Yet most notably came the post “Would you kindly join us in celebrating BioShock’s 15th anniversary #BioShock15.
The top comment in the replies comes from Gamescom and The Game Awards showrunner Geoff Keighley. There is a clear interaction between him and the official 2K Games Twitter account. An acknowledgment that something is coming at this week’s Gamescom event. Another Tweet seems to indicate it could be some sort of prequel.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
270923-BS1.jpg

jaysius

Banned
For me Bioshock Infinite had a more interesting story than The Last of Us (They both released in the same year, thus I compare them)

But Infinite's story is pretty much done, excited to see what they bring to the table, its probably Bioshock 3
They introduced that time portal thing in ONE Part(where the girl almost got ran over by an old timey car in a portal) and never touched it again, they should have done more of that, it was cool as fuck and could have made the game more unique.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Neat. I kinda like the city gimmick they’ve got going, with Rapture being in the sea and Columbia being in the sky. Wouldn’t mind something new for this one, not sure where they could go though. Maybe an underground cave city or something.

Kev Kev

I’m ready for another BioShock game.

Space would be fun 👍 Or maybe out in the wilderness, or on the water instead of in the water. They need to freshen up the gameplay a bit tho. Going back to play those games reminds me of how far controls and QOL stuff has come in the last 15+ years.

There’s a lot of ways they could go with it.

schaft0620

I’m ready for another BioShock game.

Space would be fun 👍 Or maybe out in the wilderness, or on the water instead of in the water. They need to freshen up the gameplay a bit tho. Going back to play those games reminds me of how far controls and QOL stuff has come in the last 15+ years.

There’s a lot of ways they could go with it.
It seems like they are teasing prequel.

It seems like they are teasing prequel.
I'd like a reboot, personally.

Ken Levine defines the previous Bioshocks for me, for the good and for the bad. I think it's sort of pissing on a grave if he's not involved.

Name and concept fine, but reset it.
Who considers 3 the best? It’s good but not the best
It's the best for people that didn't love Bioshock 1, for sure.

It can be considered not Bioshock, other than the tie-ins.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Neat. I kinda like the city gimmick they’ve got going, with Rapture being in the sea and Columbia being in the sky. Wouldn’t mind something new for this one, not sure where they could go though. Maybe an underground cave city or something.
Picture this, an underground bunker where people strive to create a utopia but quickly find out that humans in a bunker don't get along so well. Also some companies who own the bunkers make ones that are purely experiments.

This idea will sell!

Last edited:
Who considers 3 the best? It’s good but not the best
I for one do and I'm sure many people feel the same way. BioShock 1 was an absolute cakewalk, even on the highest difficulty, plus there were several filler levels and crappy plasmids. It's my second favourite after Infinite, the third game felt so smooth and defined.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I'd like a reboot, personally.

Ken Levine defines the previous Bioshocks for me, for the good and for the bad. I think it's sort of pissing on a grave if he's not involved.

Name and concept fine, but reset it.

It's the best for people that didn't love Bioshock 1, for sure.

It can be considered not Bioshock, other than the tie-ins.
I always liked 2 best. Especially with the dlc

Jaybe

Space? 🤔

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
You were giving me stick for liking Infinite, whereas your favourite is BioShock 2? PAHAHA :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:! Don't mean to be a dick but that's the wrong answer.
I got it the same year I became a dad so it has special something to it for me. It’s fantastic. The dlc is really great.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You were giving me stick for liking Infinite, whereas your favourite is BioShock 2? PAHAHA :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:! Don't mean to be a dick but that's the wrong answer.

The ONLY thing Infinite does better than 2 is the plot.

I got it the same year I became a dad so it has special something to it for me. It’s fantastic. The dlc is really great.
That's not a reflection of the game itself, more so the sentimental feelings. BioShock 2 is one of those games that made me angry to play it, mainly because I wanted it over as soon as possible. The environments aren't as good as the first game, Sofia Lamb isn't a very interesting villain, the drill is an absolute garbage weapon and the protector trails are a ballache. That's not even taking into consideration the lacklustre multiplayer with only Adam Grab and Little Sister being worthwhile modes.

ZoukGalaxy

Hmmmm.... maybe a remake of the remaster for 70€ each ? 🤔
It worked for a small indie named "Mean Cat", people said it's OK to pay full price for a new old game because they worked very hard to change a beard texture to 4K and also, if you never played the game, it's totally normal to pay 70€ after 10 years.

Last edited:

Pejo

I really hope it’s not a prequel or at least has nothing to do with Rapture. It does nothing for me as a fan of Infinite and they’ve portrayed it enough.
Interesting, I'm completely the opposite. I hated Infinite, and felt that Rapture's undersea world was dripping in atmosphere. I also feel like the first 2 Bioshocks were a bit more horror themed than whatever Infinite had going on.

Did you play System Shock? If so, what were your thoughts about that?

Mokus

I really liked the series. Any new game without Ken Levine involvement is a hard sell. So a remake for the newer consoles could be nice since we already had the remasters for the previous generation.

What engine? Part 1 used Unreal 2 and Infinite used Unreal 3.
I'm speaking of the tear system in Bioshock Infinite.

It's known they had a lot of issues with the Tear system, one part of it was hardware and how taxing it was for last gen, but the other part of the equation was the surely the engine and their code to do it. They couldn't solve it so they had to streamline the gameplay mechanic around it.

The Bioshock series as a whole is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had in all my years of gaming. I never got around to the Bioshock Infinite 2-part expansion, but from what I gather it pretty much ties up all the loose ends and finishes the story. I wonder how a Bioshock 3 would actually work.

I really liked the series. Any new game without Ken Levine involvement is a hard sell. So a remake for the newer consoles could be nice since we already had the remasters for the previous generation.
Bioshock 2 was made without Ken Levine and it was a great game all its own. It refined all the gameplay elements of the first game while delivering a satisfying story, though IMO not as mind shattering as the first. All I'm saying is that even without Ken's involvement, a very good Bioshock game can be had.

Top Bottom