• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2nd PlayStation Gamescom video teaser

I-hate-u

Why not? It's a new PS4 game/IP and we have seen two 5 second teaser videos.

I can't remember the last time Sony put teaser videos like that for unannounced games. Just hardware unveiling. Until Dawn must be a big deal then.

EDIT: Except for TLOU.

Bundy

Banned
I can't remember the last time Sony put teaser videos like that for unannounced games. Just hardware unveiling. Until Dawn must be a big deal then.

EDIT: Except for TLOU.

It has nothing to do with being a "big deal".
It's just a way of marketing. New show (GC), new AAA IP, new way of marketing.
Even some smaller games will get teaser videos.

I don't want to have to use Morpheus or move with until dawn. Keeping that in mind, I don't know what the USP of the game could be. I'm hoping it won't be 'it's like a shitty teen horror movie'.

SerTapTap

Yep, possibly. That would be reason fpr the hype.

If it's VR and they have more juicy details I guess I'm okay with multiple hypes for this, but they need more than one more game to show for it IMO. Hoping for some OLED low persistence. 1080p/60FPS seems more acceptable than high persistence

Can someone explain Until Dawn to me? I hadn't heard of it before and the Wikipedia page only says it's an upcoming PS4 game, but the box art is PS3.

Was this previously released on PS3?

Can someone explain Until Dawn to me? I hadn't heard of it before and the Wikipedia page only says it's an upcoming PS4 game, but the box art is PS3.

It was meant to be a PS3 Move game, but it disappeared and it's now likely going to be a PS4 game.

Bundy

Banned

It was a PS3 game at first, during development.
Then, they shifted to the PS4 and are making it a PS4 game.
So it never was a finished PS3 game. Development just started on the PS3.
(Just like ICO was a PS1 game and then, developement shifted to the PS2).

The way they're hyping up Until Dawn, it better look a darn sight better than it did the last time I saw it. The developer working on it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Why are they hyping Until Dawn so much?

That is exactly what perplexes and confounds me so much about these teasers.

If these teasers really are for Until Dawn, then why that game in particular?

The last time we saw it, it was a PS3 Move-focused game. Even if it has made the transition to PS4, it still seems like a bizarre title to focus on for this event. Horror titles are really a niche genre. Plus, a Move focused game seems even less broad in appeal. Maybe, they've dropped the Move focus, but even still, this doesn't seem like something you would want to vaunt to heavily.

The only way I could see this being a big deal, is is Sony has incorporated some sort of Morpheus support into the game to make it a VR horror title. However, it still seems kind of early to be promoting a VR title so heavily. Sony hasn't even given any kind of release timeframe for Morpheus.

Another possibility would be RE7. Capcom alluded to the fact that the next RE would go back to a more traditional survival horror tone. Perhaps Sony cut some deal with them to make the next RE title exclusive, at least temporarily.

That is exactly what perplexes and confounds me so much about these teasers.

If these teasers really are for Until Dawn, then why that game in particular?

The last time we saw it, it was a PS3 Move-focused game. Even if it has made the transition to PS4, it still seems like a bizarre title to focus on for this event. Horror titles are really a niche genre. Plus, a Move focused game seems even less broad in appeal. Maybe, they've dropped the Move focus, but even still, this doesn't seem like something you would want to vaunt to heavily.

The only way I could see this being a big deal, is is Sony has incorporated some sort of Morpheus support into the game to make it a VR horror title. However, it still seems kind of early to be promoting a VR title so heavily. Sony hasn't even given any kind of release timeframe for Morpheus.

Another possibility would be RE7. Capcom alluded to the fact that the next RE would go back to a more traditional survival horror tone. Perhaps Sony cut some deal with them to make the next RE title exclusive, at least temporarily.

Wasn't there a rumour around E3 that the next RE could be PS exclusive?

Krakn3Dfx

Finally a video game version of the hit TV series.
axmen.jpg

onQ123

Maybe they are Hyping Until Dawn because it's going to be a game changer using the DS4 to it's full potential like the PlayStation Move controller or even being the 1st Project Morpheus game.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Also a rumor RE7 would be X1 exclusive.

I'd be very, very surprised if a mainline RE is ever console exclusive again.

Maybe this will be Sony's exclusive answer to an exclusive RE7 announcement on Xboax. Then again, I dont see RE as being exclusive, maybe timed, but not forever.

JLeack

Banned
I've gotta say, Until Dawn doesn't strike me as a big game. The development studio has never proven itself. Why two teaser trailers? They don't even do this kind of thing for Naughty Dog games.

Top Bottom