• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360: New Dash Beta Sign-ups.

wrog

I do wonder however what happens if you switch regions with an account.

You can move your Microsoft account from the region it’s associated with now to any other region up to one time every three months. However, after your Microsoft account transitions, the currency in your account will not move with you, so be sure to spend your currency before you change your account location!

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billi...ccount-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

The only real differences I've noticed are the change from points to currency. Not much else has changed. No customisable tiles, no changing their size, etc.

Auto downloads for patches are in, go to system system settings and its in there. It's off by default and they didn't bother advertsing it

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so what happens to xbox rewards after this ?

you know where you renew gold or buy x things and would be rewarded with points each month or do the monthly survey ?

you know where you renew gold or buy x things and would be rewarded with points each month or do the monthly survey ?

Well, they've stopped the surveys as they are doing something different with them… so who knows?

RedAssedApe

Banned

i'd rather they scrap rewards altogether and just go the route of ps+ where they do things like better discounts for subscribers

EvB

Wow, thanks. Well, after MS Points are gone I'm probably going to pay with Paypal for everything if that's possible. So no need to have money in my account.

You can do that with Card too, you aren't required to load it in

RedAssedApe

Banned
You can do that with Card too, you aren't required to load it in

So if I want to buy something for a dollar I can charge just one dollar to my debit/credit card? Currently some items can only be bought with MS Points, forcing you to spend at least $5 to get points.(I'm not in the beta, so I can't check this for myself)

malfcn

I do like that you can see all the expiration dates though.
That is a big plus, before all you could see was 30 days.

Lima

So my MS points converted to $76.50 expires on 7/2014? Did I shoot myself and give myself less time by joining the beta? What garbage...

Dude that is a whole fucking year. You don't find something to spend that money on? Why even bother putting so much points on your account then anyway if you don't intend to spend them. I have over $500 on my account right now and I know that this money will be gone by July 2014. I buy shit tons of arcade games and DLC and will surely buy some GoD games day one for Xbox One.

Lima

Click on payment options on top and it will show you the expiration date for your money. It is exactly one year from when you converted your ms points.

Dude that is a whole fucking year. You don't find something to spend that money on? Why even bother putting so much points on your account then anyway if you don't intend to spend them. I have over $500 on my account right now and I know that this money will be gone by July 2014. I buy shit tons of arcade games and DLC and will surely buy some GoD games day one for Xbox One.

Considering that money is now in a Microsoft account that can used across nearly all MS products and services, and you seem to be based in the US, couldn't you use that money towards a One through the MS Store?

Lima

Considering that money is now in a Microsoft account that can used across nearly all MS products and services, and you seem to be based in the US, couldn't you use that money towards a One through the MS Store?

Yes I could do that. They don't have Day One editions left though I think.

I could theoretically buy 10x 4200 points on ebay Germany for a total of 360€. MS would convert these points into 504€. Crazy shit dude.

Yes I could do that. They don't have Day One editions left though I think.

I could theoretically buy 10x 4200 points on ebay Germany for a total of 360€. MS would convert these points into 504€. Crazy shit dude.

Wow, that's actually pretty great. I may have to look into that at some point. Are they locked to German accounts or would those points work across Europe? (mainly UK?)

Ushae

Banned
Hmm so not much has changed for the dashboard, apart from under the hood changes making it a little faster in places and the colour for selection is a darker shade of green (looks better in my opinion).

Hmm so not much has changed for the dashboard, apart from under the hood changes making it a little faster in places and the colour for selection is a darker shade of green (looks better in my opinion).

I know it will be updated over time, bit disappointed there doesnt seem to be much in the way of visual changes. I want a my pins separate tab at the top (to the left of the one it opens on) as its pretty useless to me behind the button. A grid of 12/16 squares which I can stick stuff on would be perfect.

Its a bit of a surprise really seeing as a picture of the Xbox One dashboard has its own tab for that.

Still the improved speed etc is nice.

are you sure with the changes on a weekly basis ? where have you read this ?

Because every past dashboard beta has worked this way.

If for some reason it doesn't though, then there must be another update later this year unless the report of the UI refresh to make it look similar to the X1 is false, which I doubt.

link1201

Because every past dashboard beta has worked this way.

If for some reason it doesn't though, then there must be another update later this year unless the report of the UI refresh to make it look similar to the X1 is false, which I doubt.

Yeah, I am expecting a UI face-lift sometime during the beta for sure.

Top Bottom