• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360: New Dash Beta Sign-ups.

Bsigg12

i have no problem with the corrupted hdd, that is sad but ok. i can deal with it.
but that they just refuse to fix the problem they caused, at least it looks like it, is kind of jerk action.

"yeah yeah come and test for us but if it will break your hardware DEAL WITH IT"

thats the part that annoyed me. not that it happend.

Well, yeah. They straight up say in the EULA when you sign up that they are not responsible for it. That part is expected with a OS beta for any device.

AlexBasch

Here I was thinking it was a "MS Points removal" only, it's a new dashboard then?

Haven't missed any of the Xbox betas, good thing I registered quickly. :p

EDIT: Hold on, corrupted HDD as in "I lost my games but still works" or "it slayed my HDD"?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Hmm... doesn't the current 360 dashboard already look fairly similar to the Xbox One dashboard?

The rumour from the Verge was pretty much this: http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/17/4340490/xbox-dashboard-update-beta-ui-changes-for-next-gen

We're told that the user interface will be refreshed alongside smaller Live Tiles, similar to what Microsoft is preparing for Windows 8.1. Microsoft is also said to be tweaking the look of the Xbox dashboard, with the possibility of darker or lighter themes.

The update is not even out yet lol.

The problems you are seeing are not beta related. Live and xbox.com are acting weird.

Well that explains it, i cant even log in anymore.

Xbox One always online my ass, they cant even get the 360 to work properly on a normal monday night.

RedAssedApe

Banned
has nothing to do with beta. xbox.com doesn't even really work properly. can login but can't see do anything else without errors

Must be a prepatch housekeeping patch, nothing has changed.

MS points have gone, the guide button menu has a darker green when things are highlighted and er...that's it.

Can we expect improves to the dashboard itself such as layouts or is this just a minor update?

Slayven

Oh and when they convert your standing points to cash, they will round down. I had 70 points and they gave me 50 cents for them.

Dramos

MS points have gone, the guide button menu has a darker green when things are highlighted and er...that's it.

Can we expect improves to the dashboard itself such as layouts or is this just a minor update?

You have a keen sight! I notice the darker colours and the use of real currency in the store.

Hopefully we will see a change to the UI.

clav

really ? its still downloading and it looks like the filesize is rather big.

The Xbox 360 patch since the last dashboard updates is always two stages.

The first is the core update that is 16 MB since there are still some first generation Xbox 360s around. This is the base OS with a DVD firmware update.

The Xbox 360 then powers itself down after a DVD firmware flash and restarts.

The next stage is downloading avatars which is about 100 MB+.

Gowans

It I click on a dash item that it connected to live I get a spinning wheel and it takes me back to the page I was on.

UK

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From Major Nelson's Twitter:

"If you signed up for the Xbox 360 Public Beta on my blog last week, we're starting to roll the update out today. If you missed it, carry on"

Granted, some people already got it, but there's official word of it now.

Interesting for UK folks:

400 = £4.49
800 = £8.99
1200 = £11.99
1600 = £14.99

Thats bullshit, when they originally sold the points they were 400 = £3.40

We're getting fucked.

I had 1270 points before the update, they've converted them to £10.88 (which is in line with what i've said) and then priced 800pts at £8.99, this is a joke.

Sean

Banned
Dashboard seems noticeably faster to me.

I've been looking around to see if anything else is new besides the currency change and have yet to encounter a progress loading thing. Everything is snappy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Converted my 1,160 MSP (about $14.50) to...well, $14.50.

.....If I STILL have to spend $5 just to have it so I can get 50 cents added to get a $15 game (mainly Ducktales Remastered), I'm gonna be annoyed. Nintendo & Sony still allow you to add the exact needed funds.

statham

my points converted to $230. I did the math and its right. I had over $300, but last weeks sale did me in.

Top Bottom