• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 vs PS3 retail exclusives (+ restrictions) released US or EU 2010-2013

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
madmackem said:
Well it's wrong, there are nearly that amount out this year if not more.
Well clearly those games can be played on PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim and PS3 SuperSlim, so they are not console exclusive.

Joni

Until Dawn is a MOVE title and lots of those other PS3 titles use MOVE too such as KZ, Infamous, Resistance and LBP. The big difference is that people were conned into believing Kinect could be used for hardcore games and MOVE CAN be used for hardcore games.

Until Dawn might not be a Move exclusive anymore.

Only 2 games on there I was interested in and they were both on the Xbox :(

Wish Sony had kept Crash and Spyro running.

They never owned Crash and Spyro.

DEADEVIL

So after your little explanation do you really believe the information source is correct in that PS3 has 8 console exclusives?

Answered this above. But it doesn't sound like you understand explanation. Feel free to list other games that fit what the criteria of what they are calling 'Console Exclusives' vs. True Exclusives.

Wow this is like someone driving off a cliff because the SAT NAV said so.

I sure this logic could be used for a Reddit source as well.

Lol. Another who is mixing what they call PS3 exclusives (143) vs. the console exclusive

Either way it's simply Wiki and they list the games so feel free to dispute them.

Thanks for the edit. It didn't deserve the Jordan Gif. Believe me.

Why didn't you just add the link?

Steroyd

Answered this above. But it doesn't sound like you understand explanation. Feel free to list other games that fit what the criteria of what they are calling 'Console Exclusives' vs. True Exclusives.

Seeing how folks are adamant that the PSVita would also fit under this criteria every cross buy released, stuff like Final Fantasy HD or if we don't want HD remakes from the previous gen then things like Disgaea 3, Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ and so on.

Fdkn

You really wanted to play MLB The Show huh?

P.S
I believe, the PS3 got some damn good exclusives towards the end.
But this picture exaggerates shit.

Until Dawn is a Move game isnt it.
Neptunia......really, neptunia
Trinity Souls?
Time and Eternity?
Mugen Souls?

I dont mean to change the topic somewhat or Zenophobic, but if we bring in "bad" japanese games then the 360 should be allowed to list all the shumps as well.

But i guess for the sake of the topic, sure the PS3 got alot more exclusives.

Excuse me, are you telling me what I have to like and dont like?

APoK0Vj.jpg

I dont play driving simulators and FPS so the MS list is really devastating for me, yes.

Lol. Another who is mixing what they call PS3 exclusives (143) vs. the console exclusive

Either way it's simply Wiki and they list the games so feel free to dispute them.

Thanks for the edit. It didn't deserve the Jordan Gif. Believe me.

Really sorry for that. It took me some while for the "console exclusives" to register derp.

Excuse me, are you telling me what I have to like and dont like?

APoK0Vj.jpg

I dont play driving simulators and FPS so the MS list is really devastating for me, yes.

<3 jrpgs.

Sulik2

My only point about that graph is that the amount of actual good PS3 exclusives is about the same as the 360. Most of those PS3 games are just as bad as those Kinect games.

Sure but if you omit 20+ titles that were released during those 3 years not including XBLA don't exist. Which is what happened with the Reddit list.

PSN titles were excluded too. DL titles should not be included with retail titles. They should in their own separate list.

DEADEVIL

PSN titles were excluded too. DL titles should not be included with retail titles. They should in their own separate list.

I'm not including XBLA or PSN which if you did there would be a ridiculous amount of great games as well.

But, if you tell the whole story adding in console exclusives then you would add about 20 titles over the course of those 3 years.

Also the majority of good XBLA exclusives got ported to other platforms later anyway (LIMBO, Braid, Fez, Super meat boy, Trial evolution, Mark of the Ninja, Bastion, Dust: An Elysian Tale. etc).

Kysen

If you include the Japanese retail ps3 releases (region free) this list becomes even more imbalanced. Those saying that the Japan only shmups on 360 would tip this the other way are delusional. This is the reason why I ditched my 360 mid 2011.

The only thing keeping the 360 afloat all these years is the better multiplats, online service and the myriad of Sony fuck ups(price etc). PS4 addresses two of those issues, the last being the online service is unknown as of yet.

Fabrik

Banned
Yes, you can. This is about retail games. Holy shit, how are some people finding this so difficult to understand? It's in the thread title and it's in the image.

Comparing only retail games is a total waste of time. Plus the list is already incomplete without having to think twice. And why limit it to 2010-2012? So that Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Kameo and so on can be ignored? This list is made by a fanboy to prove a point.

Next thread topic: Hey let's compare only retail games with the blue and orange colors on the cover! Awesome!

stryke

Comparing only retail games is a total waste of time. Plus the list is already incomplete without having to think twice. And why limit it to 2010-2012? So that Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Kameo and so on can be ignored? This list is made by a fanboy to prove a point.

It's a somewhat broken list but people are still easily missing the point. It's to show what has happened to the Xbox 360 on the exclusives front after the success of the Kinect.

Feindflug

There's a lot of complaining and nobody making a better list.

If we're also counting console exclusives then you can add these:

1. Alan Wake
  2. Metro 2033
  3. Splinter Cell: Conviction
  4. The Witcher 2
  5. Tropico 4
  6. Akai Katana
  7. Deathsmiles
  8. Deathsmiles II
  9. Dodonpachi Resurrection
  10. Minecraft
  11. Fable 3
  12. Raiden Fighters Aces
  13. Titanfall
  14. Deadfall Adventures
  15. Fantasia: Music Evolved
  16. Fable Anniversary
  17. Halo CE Anniversary

It's a somewhat broken list but people are still easily missing the point. It's to show what has happened to the Xbox 360 on the exclusives front after the success of the Kinect.

I definitely get that it was the decline in core focus that was the point. It is just severely exaggerated by rather arbitrary restrictions in what games are on the lists.

stryke

I definitely get that it was the decline in core focus that was the point. It is just severely exaggerated by rather arbitrary restrictions in what games are on the lists.

Agreed. When you have games like Journey winning GOTY en masse or State of Decay selling like hotcakes, the criteria is flawed. I'm just recognising a few having a fit about pre-Kinect exclusives and don't look at it beyond a simple exclusives list.

BigDug13

1. Alan Wake
  2. Metro 2033
  4. The Witcher 2
  5. Tropico 4
  6. Akai Katana
  7. Deathsmiles
  8. Deathsmiles II
  10. Minecraft
  11. Fable 3
  12. Raiden Fighters Aces
  13. Titanfall
  14. Deadfall Adventures
  16. Fable Anniversary
  17. Halo CE Anniversary

All of those are 2010-2013? When did they push up Titanfall's release date?

Dragon

Banned

1. Alan Wake
  2. Metro 2033
  4. The Witcher 2
  5. Tropico 4
  6. Akai Katana
  7. Deathsmiles
  8. Deathsmiles II
  10. Minecraft
  11. Fable 3
  12. Raiden Fighters Aces
  13. Titanfall
  14. Deadfall Adventures
  16. Fable Anniversary
  17. Halo CE Anniversary

Metro 2033 is on PS3 last time I checked: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n:14210751,k:Metro 2033

Edit: My bad that's Last Light.

It's clear that Sony has more titles, I'm curious what the sales look like though. Personaly, I played more from the few 360 exclusives there than the big list of PS3 exclusives. In fact, I think I only purchased two PS3 exclusives, in the time, while I purchased purchased 7 of the 360 exclusives from that list*.

*incomplete list

I don't agree that PC should be a part of the Xbox list but your last sentence is pretty outdated.
0550.Microsoft-Surface.png_2D00_550x0.png
Whilst technically a PC, I consider tablets to be a separate category. Though I grant you it runs Windows. A mobile phone is technically a personal computer, it has all the same components. But you wouldn't class it a PC. It is a mobile.

Also, on the whole debate about including 360/PC titles - it is odd because when Phil said there'd be 15 exclusives in year one for Xbox One, when people listed all the titles they've announced already and found that they've shown us all the games already and that depending on your taste for games the list is pretty poor the Xbox people on here quickly pointed out that no you're wrong because Spark, Zoo Tycoon etc are all on PC too so aren't exclusives and we therefore haven't seen all of the exclusives - and now the Xbox people are saying hold on, you need to include console/PC titles!

Anyway I just spent some time consulting the Wikipedia list of games for both consoles. Whilst I am sure it has inaccuracies, if you include titles that are on 360 + PC and include titles on PS3 + other Sony consoles (PSP, PSV) and exclude Mac and arcade then you arrive at a near identical figure. Around 130 each.

What surprised me most about the 360 exclusives is the amount of Japanese games, considering it's status over there.

Oh well, I own none of those 360 games, but I have my jp shumps (otomedius is shit so I don't own that) and better multiplatform games. And a ps3 :)

libregkd

Nah I'm not.

"Exclusive" indicates whether the PS3 is the only platform on which the game is available. This does not include handheld game consoles or mobile phones which generally run a completely different version of the game under the same name.

A value of "Console" for exclusivity means that, while a title may be available as an arcade game or on a PC using Microsoft Windows, Unix/Linux, or Mac OS X, it is not available on any other video game console in its native version. The term "Multi-platform" means that the game has appeared on multiple consoles.
I'm still confused that, even using these two definitions, there are only 8 PS3 games that fall under it. I would love to see a link to this Wiki you are talking about.

Whilst technically a PC, I consider tablets to be a separate category. Though I grant you it runs Windows. A mobile phone is technically a personal computer, it has all the same components. But you wouldn't class it a PC. It is a mobile.

Also, on the whole debate about including 360/PC titles - it is odd because when Phil said there'd be 15 exclusives in year one for Xbox One, when people listed all the titles they've announced already and found that they've shown us all the games already and that depending on your taste for games the list is pretty poor the Xbox people on here quickly pointed out that no you're wrong because Spark, Zoo Tycoon etc are all on PC too so aren't exclusives and we therefore haven't seen all of the exclusives - and now the Xbox people are saying hold on, you need to include console/PC titles!

Anyway I just spent some time consulting the Wikipedia list of games for both consoles. Whilst I am sure it has inaccuracies, if you include titles that are on 360 + PC and include titles on PS3 + other Sony consoles (PSP, PSV) and exclude Mac and arcade then you arrive at a near identical figure. Around 130 each.

What surprised me most about the 360 exclusives is the amount of Japanese games, considering it's status over there.

Well, semantics. There is no hard line between desktops, laptops and tablets anymore. They're basically all Personal Computers. You could include smartphones as well if you were so inclined. But whatever. MS makes a PC.

On the list:
If you were to compile a list of exclusives for Xbox 360 and PS3 I do not think you should remove any games from that list based on there being a PC version as well. I see the lists this way: "If you were to only have a PS3, what games are not available to you that you could be able to play if you had an Xbox 360" and vice-versa.

I don't want to get in on the "15 exclusives" discussion because there is far too much misinformation and misunderstanding about it.

If you don't find any of the launch games interesting then I don't know what to tell you.

You can't really say that they're focusing on "kinect titles or a 'the duties' competitors", though.

The ones I do find interesting I would not pay full retail for or buy a console for. It is that simple.
It's easy.

1. Some of these games were 360 games to begin with. Since their release dates were close enough to the Xbone's launch, they were given Xbone versions as well.
2. 360 has a large userbase. Xbone will have a low userbase when its released. Making a niche title like Lococycle into an Xbone exclusive wouldn't really make sense.
3. They're giving support to their old platform

Yes yes... It doesn't take a rocket science to know why. But understand I wouldn't see any of these games as extra value as a would be xbone purchaser.

Building new teams? Aquiring exclusives?

They've mostly talked about the launch games, but we know that Project Spark is launching in early 2014 and Halo in late 2014. Crimson Dragon and D4 is probably launching in 2014 as well.

Quantum Break, Below and Sunset Overdrive might or might not make it, but I don't expect to see Black Tusk's game in 2014.

Yeah who cares. Sony was in major financial trouble and they had no problem releasing games. Every title you mention ill believe when I see it. Insomniac games is in my shit list right now and quantum break looks almost as terrible as ryse. Project spark... Sigh... Really? With all that IP and new studios and all we get in creativity is a bunch of games no one asked for while they sit on a mountain of IP.

And yeah that billion investment... I wonder how much of a direct investment was into azure. Because if was significant then it is marketing spin to infer game development was helped. All I hear is apologies for Microsoft or lies from Microsoft and I am a fan of their products. But the Xbox brand is not what it was circa 2010 for no good reason.

Yeah who cares. Sony was in major financial trouble and they had no problem releasing games. Every title you mention ill believe when I see it. Insomniac games is in my shit list right now and quantum break looks almost as terrible as ryse. Project spark... Sigh... Really? With all that IP and new studios and all we get in creativity is a bunch of games no one asked for while they sit on a mountain of IP.

Whoa now. Lets not say things we'll regret.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Biased. Where is Alan Wake?
Plus you can't disregard XBLA. Mark Of The Ninja is as good as any retail title.

Let's not get crazy, it is a fun little DL title, it was a great $3 purchase on Steam, but it is no Last of Us or GTA5.

VanWinkle

"Exclusive" indicates whether the PS3 is the only platform on which the game is available. This does not include handheld game consoles or mobile phones which generally run a completely different version of the game under the same name.

A value of "Console" for exclusivity means that, while a title may be available as an arcade game or on a PC using Microsoft Windows, Unix/Linux, or Mac OS X, it is not available on any other video game console in its native version. The term "Multi-platform" means that the game has appeared on multiple consoles.

This still doesn't make any sense. There are three Uncharted games, three Motorstorm games, two LBPs, two God of Wars, and so many more that you cannot get on ANY other platform. I still don't know what you're talking about.

Gadirok

Those handful of Xbox games probably outsold all those PS3 games. Still, I've gotten more value out of the Halo titles than I have any of the those PS3 titles. Just my two cents.

I feel the opposite. PS3 has given me much more options and variety than the 360 ever possibly could.

I've gotten more value out of Starhawk or Littlebigplanet 2 alone from that list compared to any of those 360 titles.

Top Bottom