• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Classics Super Hang-On announced for 3DS

Pimpbaa

I'm guessing the other 2 are going to be super scaler arcade games like the first 2. So it's probably going to be Outrun and Afterburner like has been mentioned.

Broach

Banned
What's up with Sega not releasing their japanese digital titles of all the sudden?

Where is Virtua Striker?
The first Virtual-On?
Space Harrier 3D?

Normally that of stuff get's releases simultaneously...

Plays as brilliantly as it has ever done, the added options make it even better. Also, regarding the billboards at the sides of the track - I can't remember if they've always been like this, but I spotted After Burner, Outrun and Space Harrier. One of these is already a 3D classic, is this a hint as to what else is coming or is my memory not what it used to be?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Plays as brilliantly as it has ever done, the added options make it even better. Also, regarding the billboards at the sides of the track - I can't remember if they've always been like this, but I spotted After Burner, Outrun and Space Harrier. One of these is already a 3D classic, is this a hint as to what else is coming or is my memory not what it used to be?

It is incredibly obvious to me that the remaining two are OutRun and After Burner II in that order.

The billboards used to feature actual brand name products, but they changed it to Afterburner and Space Harrier billboards when they re-released it on Wii VC.

RM8

I'm not even sure what would be the issue with having these outside of Japan :/ I'd buy this game day one.

Yes Boss!

Yep, this is very much the best version of the game released. Plays so smooth. This is even better than Space Harrier 3D.

Maybe Sega intends to release all four on a cart in NA. I'd love that.

011735.jpg

http://www.hiyoko-g.com/43401_hang_on/

Are these considered to be eShop games or VC games?

Hopefully eShop as it'll be much more likely to see later arcade games.

And the Saturn was 320x240 right? Virtual On would be perfect; bring the arcade version over, but with the Saturn version's HUD and other menu stuff to fit the resolution.

Whichever direction they take, they BETTER go with Model 1 and over stuff, I don't want only 16-bit games. :(

As said, even the original Virtua Racing and Virtua Fighter would be great next steps.

Javier

They're remade in 3D, so I'm guessing eShop titles. Only fully emulated titles from previous systems are considered VC (the 3D Classics line is not VC either).

Yes Boss!

You know, the more I play these two games so far released the more I'm convinced that Outrun would not benefit from the screen-flipping thing. After Burner is a no-brainer but hopefully something like Power Drift or Galaxy Force are slot 4.

BriBri

They're remade in 3D, so I'm guessing eShop titles. Only fully emulated titles from previous systems are considered VC (the 3D Classics line is not VC either).
Wikipedia have them all listed as Virtual Console. And this is not me defending Wikipedia, nor me classifying them as Virtual Console!

Yes Boss!

Wikipedia have them all listed as Virtual Console. And this is not me defending Wikipedia, nor me classifying them as Virtual Console!

Wikipedia has been wrong about them for a good while. They are straight eShop titles. They are neither part of the 3D Classics line nor the Virtual Console line.

BriBri

I can finally add to the positive comments by the people that have played this game. Truly excellent. The 3D effect is subtle and amazing! Feels so necessary which I can't say for most 3DS games. Both Sega titles eclipse all six of Nintendo's. can't wait for the next two!

Top Bottom