• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Ambassador - NES games are available for download... now!

Javier

The Mana Legend said:
Nintendo Announces GBA Ambassador Lineup

After much anticipation from 3DS Ambassador members, Nintendo has finally announced the final five freebie GBA titles they will receive. Though they might be familiar to most, these five should not disappoint anyone:

• NES Classic: Adventure of Link
  • NES Classic: The Legend of Zelda
  • NES Classic: Super Mario Bros.
  • Game & Watch Collection
  • Super Mario Advance

Nintendo still has yet to announce the release date for the freebies, but did announce that they would be available before December 25th.
DOOMED

qq more

Hahahaha

5 out of 5

EDIT: Guys, Nintendo may pull a lot of stupid shit lately, but come on. Can you REALLY see them cheap out by adding the same games twice? That would be beyond ridiculous, even Capcom would laugh.

Boney

Banned
qq more said:
Hahahaha

5 out of 5

EDIT: Guys, Nintendo may pull a lot of stupid shit lately, but come on. Can you REALLY see them cheap out by adding the same games twice? That would be beyond ridiculous, even Capcom would laugh.
Capcom would probably cancel the GBA games.

LosDaddie

Banned
YourMaster said:
Do tell. How do you expect to grind in this game?

Like I mentioned before in this tread, the game is meant to be played with this map, that was included in the box: Legend_of_zelda_map_front.jpg
It will make it a lot easier.

thanks for the map.

Now, is there an online guide for Zelda 1? I read someone in this thread say they finished the game in under 4hrs. That's about the amount of time I can commit to Zelda.

Bgamer90

Banned
The Mana Legend said:
Nintendo Announces GBA Ambassador Lineup

After much anticipation from 3DS Ambassador members, Nintendo has finally announced the final five freebie GBA titles they will receive. Though they might be familiar to most, these five should not disappoint anyone:

• NES Classic: Adventure of Link
  • NES Classic: The Legend of Zelda
  • NES Classic: Super Mario Bros.
  • Game & Watch Collection
  • Super Mario Advance

Nintendo still has yet to announce the release date for the freebies, but did announce that they would be available before December 25th.

LOL I really believed this and was about to go off.

qq more said:
Actually, that sort of happened...

R.I.P. Mega Man GB Collection.

Forget MM GB Collection (as annoying as that was), cancelling spiritual Powered Up sequel, MM Universe, was the worst thing that has ever happened to me Mega Man-wise...

...Except for the Star Force games.

qq more

The Mana Legend said:
Forget MM GB Collection (as annoying as that was), cancelling spiritual Powered Up sequel, MM Universe, was the worst thing that has ever happened to me Mega Man-wise...

...Except for the Star Force games.
Star Force wasn't that bad. ...Except for 2. Fuck Star Force 2.

jgkspsx

Why would you do that? said:
A little sad for Nintendo that it doesn't seem like that far-fetched of a thing for Nintendo to do for some people. :lol
For some people?

Nintendo have gotten back on my good side with all of the desperate pleading and appeasement and freebies they've done lately, though. At least enough for me to give them another six months before despising them some more.

p.s. Nintendo I would definitely accept Twinbee 3D as another freebie thank you

YourMaster

LosDaddie said:
thanks for the map.

Now, is there an online guide for Zelda 1? I read someone in this thread say they finished the game in under 4hrs. That's about the amount of time I can commit to Zelda.

I did it in under 3 hours a few days ago. But that's not saying much, it's like saying you did a very difficult crossword puzzle you did once before in 30 minutes.
Sure, the challenge of surviving the combat in the dungeons is exciting, it's something no post-nes Zelda offers. But a large part comes from looking through the maze.
Most of the game time, and most of what the game has to offer, is finding all the secrets on the overworld. Without a guide, it will take you much longer, with a guide the game has nothing to offer.

If you still want to do it in four hours, I'm sure there is a guide somewhere, but I can write it for you quickly:
1. On gamefaqs.com download an overworld map which contains all the secrets
2. Get enough rupees (see map) to buy blue ring and candle
3. Get those items, hart containers and white sword (see map)
4. Finish the 9 dungeons in order (download dungeons maps if wanted)
4.1 After dungeon 4 get the rest of the hart containers and the magic sword

On a related note, I did enjoy my replay of zelda 2 much more, the game has held up much better. Like I said above, the first game is about wondering around, not knowing where to go, and when you do, it's easy. The second game has a lot more direction and is still a fun challenge.
I did find it funny that zelda 1 could get the framerate on my 3ds to a crawl when I entered certain dungeon rooms.

Edit:
KevinCow said:
I refuse to believe that you beat the game your first time through with no guide in only 3 hours.

If it wasn't your first time through, then you really haven't addressed anything. Even if the last time you played it was 20 years ago, you still remembered the game and had at least a general idea of where things were.

I knew everything by hearth still. And yes you're right. When knowing where to go it isn't tedious, I just meant it was a surprise to me how quickly you can go through it like that.
For a first time, with the included map, I wouldn't have the patience for it any more, but it isn't that bad because you don't really need to bomb every wall and burn every bush. You would miss stuff, but you'd get through the game easy enough.

iosef

Finishing it in three hours, armed with distant memories of where things are, isn't nuts. I did this on a plane a few weeks back and was surprised by how short it was.

iosef said:
Finishing it in three hours, armed with distant memories of where things are, isn't nuts. I did this on a plane a few weeks back and was surprised by how short it was.

What the hell are you even talking about?

Finally broke 55,000 on ballon trip, hitting 56,500.

:)

Oh, and something weird happened....

I popped a balloon, my game froze, the music changed and it said "x2" and all the balloons turned red...

WTF did I do?

Asimov

Banned
There is a manual update for the Yoshi game.

Just go to the eShop, then to Settings and the to the list of downloaded games. You should see an Update button right next to the title. It includes the proper NES system icon and save states.

I think the reason why they don't have an automatic update for this game (you need to do a manual update) is because the games are not for sale on the eShop.

womp

Just go to the eShop, then to Settings and the to the list of downloaded games. You should see an Update button right next to the title. It includes the proper NES system icon and save states.

I think the reason why they don't have an automatic update for this game (you need to do a manual update) is because the games are not for sale on the eShop.

Yeah, any time a NES game is added to the eShop you can go and update it in such a way.

Very cool...Now hopefully we'll see GBA at E3. :|

Javier

NES Yoshi was released officially on 3DS eShop about 2 weeks ago. I updated the Ambassador version back then.

zigg

I've been prompted to update some time later for some of these games, as I don't care about updating them immediately.

The update notifications appear to be just delayed.

Does anyone have an up-to-date note of the updated Ambassador games in the EU? I think I have all of the currently-available updated versions, but I wondered if there are any I'm missing.

Top Bottom