• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS December Update Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney

Banned
Adds a sound player for Mii plaza, you have to unlock the songs by hearing them in game so I don't have all I guess

Streetpass Map where it gets marked from which region of the world you've streetpassed with. There's Chile, Mexico and USA.

And a slideshow to see all completed puzzles.

SpotPass integration in Puzzle Swap, where you recieve puzzle pieces, as well as special pink pieces that are only available through spot pass. The picture is larger and broken into more pieces.

It's a Super Mario 3D Land puzzle.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nyc here, downloading slowly, no errors.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
About 25% done here in sunny California...

I'm being a rebel and updating WITHOUT having the power plug inserted.

(What's annoying is I -just- got a Streetpass today... but, sadly, I already "used" it up.)

Truth101

Banned
Fuck...

My 3DS can't connect to the school's networks

PEAP security for the secured network and forced web-login for the unsecure network.... =C

The only other network is the guest network which is slow as well a turtle...

The M.O.B

The accomplishments are only for Mii Plaza games and streetpass for now.

Examples of some accomplishments include....

"Collect 100 streetpass tags in one day"
"Met the same Mii 10 times"

Im in SoCal so Western US should be up for you guys.

Takao

Banned
Yay, I finished updating and for some reason my 3DS's screen has been black for a solid minute...

EDIT: Nevermind, it's back.

Fuck...

My 3DS can't connect to the school's networks

PEAP security for the secured network and forced web-login for the unsecure network.... =C

The only other network is the guest network which is slow as well a turtle...

Can you do internet sharing on your computer? That's what I do. My mac is plugged in via ethernet and I have it set up to send out a wifi signal that I use for my 3DS.

East Coast USA downloading very slowly, no error messages. Look forward to more hats, even though I'm only about halfway through the regular Find Mii quest.

Boney

Banned
You need to have all the hats in Find Mii to access Find Mii II.

I'm still stuck in the last guy second run.

Im in SoCal so Western US should be up for you guys.

Accomplishment unlocked.

Develop your own Achievement System.

MooMoo

Rock, it's slowly updating. I can finally resume my StreetPass barrage. It felt like such a waste getting StreetPasses but not being able to use them in any decent way.

Esiquio

Went to the eShop and it prompted me to do a System Update. It downloaded just fine the first time, took about 7-8 minutes.

So I just loaded it up, and....

Nintendo eShop is still inaccessible.

Nintendo Zone is the only new app that goes on your Home Screen. It looks really cool, blue and white themed everything. You have to agree to a few terms and conditions to open it the first time. But you really can't do anything after that as it will give you an error unless you're at a Nintendo Zone location. The app basically lets you look at screenshots and videos and download demos at select locations. It also promises "surprise SpotPass content!"

Nintendo Zone also lets you "save pages", whatever that means.

Opening Mii Plaza greets you with the message, "Welcome! We've got big news! StreetPass Mii Plaza has been renovated! What's new, you ask? StreetPass Mii Plaza can use SpotPass. What can you do if you activate SpotPass for StreetPass Mii Plaza? Well, by connecting to a wireless Internet access point, you can meet new Mii characters. Well, there are new panels in Puzzle Swap, for starters! There's also a sequel to Find Mii! Aside from the new SpotPass features, there are other new features, too!"

Edit: Hot damn, there is a lot of updates to the Mii Plaza.

Music Player: There are 35 unlockable songs to listen to. I've only unlocked about 10 of them. They are organized in a certain order. StreetPass songs, Puzzle Swap, Find Mii, and a lot of ???

Accomplishments: I have 9. There are 78 in all. There are some like, "Missed with a sword attack three times in a row in Find Mii.", and "Dealt over 50 damage in a single turn in Find Mii." Some have hints, some do not. There is also one for "777th StreetPass tag." I need to go to E3, lol.

StreetPass Map: "A special map based on your StreetPass Mii Plaza progress. It gets colored in based on the region settings of the Mii characters you meet!" For me, it just shows that I've met people from three states in the U.S. and one region of Canada.

Slide Show: You can view completed Puzzles here.

Puzzle Swap: "There's a new bonus for SpotPass! If you activate SpotPass, you can get new Puzzle Swap panels! There'll be panels broken up into even smaller pieces. Pink pieces you can't get by using Play Coins, and more! These panels will be even more of a challenge than the originals. Here's a little something from one of the new panels to celebrate." I then received a
Donkey Kong Country Returns" puzzle piece from an adorable pink bird that dropped it in my hands.

Also, the background was showing snow and snowmen in the background. It looks really cool!

BooJoh

I live in rural North Carolina... there aren't enough :lol smilies in the world for my chances of getting those accomplishments.

Medalion

Banned
3d video recording works, and I can hear myself on the camera, the mic is really really shitty or the audio capture is at least, barely recognise my voice

TehOh

Find Mii 2 starts on an awkward note.

AgBpJv4CAAEzm5y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom