• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS December Update Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some quick grabs:

AgBsRmdCAAAv34t.jpg

AgBso2MCQAA3Ley.jpg

TeegsD

I know this is off-topic but going to be picking a 3DS up in a few weeks and wanted to know if the newer red model fixes the issue of the top screen getting scratched?

Zafir

My Mii Plaza population just jumped from 3 to 36. I recognize some of these Miis as ones that were in the "recommended communities" in Mario Kart SpotPasses, so it seems like it added those as StreetPasses? Crazy.
Hah. I had some random japanese mii's appear in my Plaza the other day after going on the community section of Mario Kart 7 too.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
So unless the eShop's updates were just behind-the-scenes stuff, I'm thinking we may have to wait until the normal Thursday update to see what new features were added.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Are there any retail game demos in the eshop yet? or no?

I don't see any on the Aussie store. Interestingly, retail games are now listed as "not available on the eShop" instead of "available in stores" - either they're gearing up for DD for full retail titles (please!) or they're trying to make things crystal clear for those without a clue (yeah this is probably what it is).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hey, they added a QR scanner -- finally.

On the Home Menu, tap L or R to pull up the mini camera, and you'll see a QR symbol on the bottom corner of the screeen. Tap it and you're prompted to align the code in the camera. Once you do so, it displays the website URL and prompts you to tap A to switch to the web browser.

Nice.

On the Home Menu, tap L or R to pull up the mini camera, and you'll see a QR symbol on the bottom corner of the screeen. Tap it and you're prompted to align the code in the camera. Once you do so, it displays the website URL and prompts you to tap A to switch to the web browser.

Nice.

Wow. Cool. Also, I keep forgetting the 3DS has a web browser.

Boney

Banned
Don't see it.

Oh wait it's in the coming soon to eShop, had a trailer and price so I mistook it.

eShop is down, but in the retail part showed a wide range of games and said in red for all of them, "unavailable in the eShop"

I'm guessing that's demos.

Someone needs to download that Monster Hunter Demo onto their JPN 3DS, copy it to their computer and let the rest of us in the world try to see if they can play it.

Ydahs

Nice.

Tried it out, works well. Surprisingly quicker than the scanner on my S2.

Esiquio

No new AR games from what I saw. Nothing new in the AR shop, either. eShop is down again. Game Notes, Activity Log seem to also be untouched. Opening up settings shows this as "Ver. 3.0.0-5U". Data Management shows a box for "Add-On Content". Was that there before? DLC?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
-When doing 3DS system transfers, the eShop balance on both systems is combined after the transfer.

-The system memory of the source system will be formatted, deleting all data.

Really smart of Nintendo to drop this right after Mario Kart - didn't even see this thread at first - just noticed a bunch of friends were in the E-Shop or Mii Plaza all at once and then saw the thread here.

Took a quick 3D video, but the lighting is terrible in my house for that. Got my free puzzle piece for Donkey Kong Country Returns, and still need to beat the first Find Mii! to see the the new content.

Also, yeah, the accomplishments are completely laughable where I live as well. Only have had one Street Pass since owning the system, and it was just from going over a friend's house.

Erethian

I'm sad there is no Gifting option in the eShop.

If they really wanted to they could combine gifting with eShop downloading while in sleep mode and the new messaging app.

So you could gift someone an eShop game, bundle a video/sound/text message with it, and have it appear on their system via sleep mode downloading.

eShop is back down. Seems they aren't done yet.

-When doing 3DS system transfers, the eShop balance on both systems is combined after the transfer.

-The system memory of the source system will be formatted, deleting all data.

Well that's good.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
If they really wanted to they could combine gifting with eShop downloading while in sleep mode and the new messaging app.

So you could gift someone an eShop game, bundle a video/sound/text message with it, and have it appear on their system via sleep mode downloading.

Actually, didn't some interview mention buying online and redeeming QR codes?

It might still be possible...

M3d10n

So I take it the recordings are in a standard format?

If youtube understands it, it seems to be the case. Haven't messed with the AVI files yet.

I updated and captured some videos. Works well and the framerate is good.

They fixed the low-light filter too, it did nothing before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom