• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Euro Event Thread [Update: GAF Impressions Inside]

Nuclear Muffin said:
DS had about the same amount, but the games on offer here are much better generally speaking. DS only had 2 good games at launch (Super Mario 64 DS and Wario Ware Touched), while the rest were junk.

I'll bet that the US will be getting the same games on launch day as well.

Pilotwings, Nintendogs and SSF3DS it is for me! :D
Hey I liked Project Rub :mad:

Is gameloft doing Splinter cell 3D btw? If so then I'll definitely be passing on that. In fact if it's based on the PS2/GC versions then no buy.

Magicpaint said:

Is gameloft doing Splinter cell 3D btw? If so then I'll definitely be passing on that. In fact if it's based on the PS2/GC versions then no buy.

Heh, I forgot about Feel the Magic, I actually like that game.

Ok fine, 3 good games. The 3DS still has a better launch lineup than the DS (and the GBA!)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
PES, SF4 and Pilotwings are 3 of my favorite games ever, launch lineup is excellent AFAIC.

CaVaYeRo

beje said:
Final Euro lineup revealed by Nintendo UK:

Pilotwings Resort
Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog & New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
The Sims 3
PES 2011 3D - Pro Evolution Soccer
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Ridge Racer 3D
Super Monkey Ball 3D
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
Asphalt 3D
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
Rayman 3D

No Dead or Alive :'(

Source: vandal.net (spanish)

13 games for a console launch. This is the best we've ever seen, right?

Plus, one week later, also in Spain:

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D de Capcom; Crush 3D, Thor: God of Thunder de SEGA; Puzzle Bobble Universe de Square Enix, Co., Ltd; Dead or Alive Dimensions de Tecmo Koei Europe Ltd.; y James Noir's Hollywood Crime, Driver Renegade 3D, Rabbids 3D y Combate de Gigantes Dinosaurios 3D

That's 22 games, and I want 4-5. This never happened to me.

[Nintex]

CaVaYeRo said:

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D de Capcom; Crush 3D, Thor: God of Thunder de SEGA; Puzzle Bobble Universe de Square Enix, Co., Ltd; Dead or Alive Dimensions de Tecmo Koei Europe Ltd.; y James Noir's Hollywood Crime, Driver Renegade 3D, Rabbids 3D y Combate de Gigantes Dinosaurios 3D

One week later? That's not what the Dutch press release said. They just listed a bunch of upcoming titles as 'coming soon' but no confirmation that they'll be out a week after launch.
Resident Evil is expected in July.

CaVaYeRo said:

That list is almost certainly either a misinterpretation of a press release or just retail placeholders that GameReactor is taking as fact - that would put Mercenaries' release three months ahead of the US release and Thor one month ahead of all other versions. Not likely.

Neo C.

Dash Kappei said:
LOOOOOL, wtf.
It's because I concentrate on GAMEPLAY that I care a lot about 60fps.
You wanna make it like 60fps lovers = graphic whores when that's not the case at all, framerate is my number 1 wanted bulletpoint as far as graphics go; give me a less flashy game at 60fps over a visually better 30fps game any time. In fact it's the opposite, tech-heads were forced to remove 60fps gen by gen because impressive screenshots sold better than seing a game in motion, because you could never have Killzone 2 at 60fps on PS3 otherwise you could be sure the devs would, but, you know, grafixxzz!!11
You already said that you can't notice yourself, so I'll tell you this: You know when a game feels like it has such perfect and tight controls that really makes you enjoy it a lot more? 60fps.
You know when playing that fps where you can aim the shit out of it versus fighting with the lagginess of dual analog in that other game? 60fps.
You know when playing that racing game, which feels so real, so good, so responsive to your inputs? 60fps.
You know that fighting game where it feels like as soon as you think about that counter, you thought it's too late I'm fucked and instead holy shit your character's already executing it? 60fps.
You know that soccer game...
Agreed. 60fps is one of the few graphical things I care, because it affects the gameplay.

CaVaYeRo

Father_Brain said:
That list is almost certainly either a misinterpretation of a press release or just retail placeholders that GameReactor is taking as fact - that would put Mercenaries' release three months ahead of the US release and Thor one month ahead of all other versions. Not likely.

Hmmm someone tells me there should be a point where in Nintendo's PR there's a comma, so "following week" launches should only be Rabbids and Dinosaurs.

Makes sense :p

Celine

Sadist said:
Another Code a launch title? Nah it released later on.

Just for funzies: this was the original DS launch back in 2005 here in Europe.

* Asphalt Urban GT (Ubisoft)
* Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
* Ping Pals (THQ)
* Pokémon Dash (Nintendo)
* Polarium (Nintendo)
* Project Rub (aka Feel the Magic: XY/XX) (Sega)
* Rayman DS (Ubisoft)
* Robots (VU Games)
* Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
* Sprung (Ubisoft)
* Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Electronic Arts)
* The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)
* WarioWare: Touched! (Nintendo)
* Zoo Keeper (Ignition)

Really, the 3DS has a superior launch.
ecc125383677fd56b23580c97c39bc94.jpg

syoaran

Nuclear Muffin said:
Heh, I forgot about Feel the Magic, I actually like that game.

Ok fine, 3 good games. The 3DS still has a better launch lineup than the DS (and the GBA!)

I think it's more important to note that there is a fairily good follow up guaranteed within the first 6 months of launch. There was next to nothing on the DS for the best part of the first year, at least in the EU. Zelda OoC is confirmed as practically done for all counts, and Kid I is getting very close (if not already there) according to NoA. I have a feeling that before the NGP is released in Japan, world wide the 3DS will have a solid lineup.

Don't forget to by Okamiden for the DS, better than getting a sholveware title of the 3DS at launch any day.

[Nintex]

Nintendo Benelux just send a message out to correct their mistake. Dinosaurs 3D and Rabbids 3D are coming the week after launch lol.

krumble

Considering Rayman 3D hasn't been show anywhere and wasn't at the event at the weekend... I'm surprised its still on the launch list...
I'm assuming it must be a really bad port

How believable is this site? Seems real strange to me that Nintendo of UK would release an official announcement, and only a single Spanish-language site would report it.

For those talking about DS launch titles, you are forgetting Spiderman 2 - at the time the game had a LOT of hype, and it was one of the best launch titles. Another good one (that didn't have good hype at the time) was The Urbz - it got scores in the 7.x's, mainly because reviewers were disappointed that it didn't make more use of the touchscreen than the game's "jobs" and menus. But it was a great mix of The Sims and an adventure game.

[Nintex]

Dreamwriter said:
How believable is this site? Seems real strange to me that Nintendo of UK would release an official announcement, and only a single Spanish-language site would report it.

For those talking about DS launch titles, you are forgetting Spiderman 2 - at the time the game had a LOT of hype, and it was one of the best launch titles. Another good one (that didn't have good hype at the time) was The Urbz - it got scores in the 7.x's, mainly because reviewers were disappointed that it didn't make more use of the touchscreen than the game's "jobs" and menus. But it was a great mix of The Sims and an adventure game.

Nintendo send out the press releases in Europe today, multiple even to correct some mistakes.
http://www.nintendo.nl/NOE/nl_NL/news/2011/sterke_line-up_bij_lancering_nintendo_3ds_31498.html

Still no word on DS or Wii games, Mario Sports Mix is out so the official line-up for Wii is:
February 25 - Kirby's Epic Yarn
TBA - Zelda SkyWard Sword

As far as third party games are concerned, the list is Udraw stuff(released this month), another Guilty Gear release and Conduit 2.

thanks for all the impressions everyone. it's really helping me decide my launch purchases. just need confirmation of the US launch line up now.

Deku

Banned
Dreamwriter said:
Another good one (that didn't have good hype at the time) was The Urbz - it got scores in the 7.x's, mainly because reviewers were disappointed that it didn't make more use of the touchscreen than the game's "jobs" and menus. But it was a great mix of The Sims and an adventure game.

If I recall correctly, it was slammed for being a tweaked port of the GBA Urbz game. Come to think of it , I don't recall it is was an exact game reworked to have DS inputs or not.

But I do regret no picking it up as it is based off the GBA Sims, and they were so fun to play.

syoaran said:
I think it's more important to note that there is a fairily good follow up guaranteed within the first 6 months of launch. There was next to nothing on the DS for the best part of the first year, at least in the EU. Zelda OoC is confirmed as practically done for all counts, and Kid I is getting very close (if not already there) according to NoA. I have a feeling that before the NGP is released in Japan, world wide the 3DS will have a solid lineup.

Don't forget to by Okamiden for the DS, better than getting a sholveware title of the 3DS at launch any day.

That's true as well. Aside from Yoshi's Touch and Go, there was nothing else until around 6 months after launch when the 2nd wave of games started coming out.

I don't see why people are complaining about the 3DS' launch lineup. It's better than pretty much any console in history (except for the Dreamcast). Especially when you consider that the short-term launch window lineup is very solid as well!

Deku

Banned
Talking about launch line ups is like trying to describe the special olympics.

I do think Nintendo got a few key games from KoeiTecmo , Ubi and Capcom this time around which allow them to push back titles outside the launch window, but you really need 8-15 months for the first wave of games to arrive.

And we really won't know what else we could have gotten had the third party support not been there, probably at least until E3, when they announce the rest of their 3DS titles that were all under wraps.

Deku said:
If I recall correctly, it was slammed for being a tweaked port of the GBA Urbz game. Come to think of it , I don't recall it is was an exact game reworked to have DS inputs or not.

But I do regret no picking it up as it is based off the GBA Sims, and they were so fun to play.
No, it had touch-controlled menus, and I remember when you get a job in the game, the job was a minigame using touch controls (like the basketball game).

Sadist

[Nintex] said:
Still no word on DS or Wii games, Mario Sports Mix is out so the official line-up for Wii is:
February 25 - Kirby's Epic Yarn
TBA - Zelda SkyWard Sword

As far as third party games are concerned, the list is Udraw stuff(released this month), another Guilty Gear release and Conduit 2.
28vx8qd.gif

Poor Wii.

[Nintex]

Deku said:
Talking about launch line ups is like trying to describe the special olympics.

I do think Nintendo got a few key games from KoeiTecmo , Ubi and Capcom this time around which allow them to push back titles outside the launch window, but you really need 8-15 months for the first wave of games to arrive.

And we really won't know what else we could have gotten had the third party support not been there, probably at least until E3, when they announce the rest of their 3DS titles that were all under wraps.
I think it's safe to say that the OOT remake could've made launch along with Steel Diver.

Ignis Fatuus said:
Wasn't that confirmed a while ago?
unless i missed it, i think all we had for the US was the 'launch window' lineup. i don't think we have confirmation of the full day one line up.

beje

Banned
[Nintex] said:
I think it's safe to say that the OOT remake could've made launch along with Steel Diver.

something-something canibalizing sales, especially from third parties something-something

Really, with such a monster as the NGP launching in less than a year, you can be sure they don't want to piss third parties off flooding every single niche in the launch window with their own games, then piss their loyal fans off with draughts in their future release schedule.

plagiarize said:
unless i missed it, i think all we had for the US was the 'launch window' lineup. i don't think we have confirmation of the full day one line up.
Right, US has no launch-day lineup yet. Speaking of which, shouldn't this be a new topic now? For the news of the UK launch list?

[Nintex]

beje said:
something-something canibalizing sales, especially from third parties something-something

Really, with such a monster as the NGP launching in less than a year, you can be sure they don't want to piss third parties off flooding every single niche in the launch window with their own games, then piss their loyal fans off with draughts in their future release schedule.
That worked out pretty well for Wii.

beje said:

The bolded part is undoubtedly correct (Iwata has made that clear), but I really doubt that Nintendo sees NGP as enough of a threat to have it dictate 3DS' launch window strategy in any way.

beje

Banned
[Nintex] said:
That worked out pretty well for Wii.

The difference is that now, there actually are third party games to fill any gap, which didn't happen for the Wii. And in case shit happens again, they already have a game prepared for every single month of 2011 even if we don't take into account things still to be revealed.

hatchx

Banned
[Nintex] said:
He promised but hasn't accomplished it with the GameCube, DS and Wii.

I'd disagree, the DS generally had a strong and steady line-up with a lot of diversity. It only had a drought for the first 8 months lol

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
[Nintex] said:
He promised but hasn't accomplished it with the GameCube, DS and Wii.

In Japan, there has not been any first-party droughts. International market is a completely different story.

With that in mind, I am not sure if Iwata's statement will ever mean what it should mean to the non-domestic consumer market.

Quick question. Has anyone received an e-mail of a survey asking for event feedback.

That banned Nintendo blog (its not mentioned in the banned sites anymore but it still is) showed a survey. They also showed the URL of it and it seems to work fine, no special URL required or anything.

Edit: The survey is quite :lol at times such as featuring no option for 21 years-olds on the how old are you question (first 3 options are under 18...but this was for over 18s only anyway, 18-20, 22-25) and also the nameless AR game is missing from the "What did you think of the 3DS games you played or saw at the event?" question. Probably because it is just that, nameless.

Magicpaint said:

based on the ps2 version i believe. not sure who is doing it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Of all weekend to have the London event I had to nip off to Sweden for a few days. :(

Hope they have another one.

Nintendo UK, Press Release

Nintendo 3DS launch software, released on 25th March:

* Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo)
* nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends (Nintendo)
* nintendogs + cats: French Bulldog & New Friends (Nintendo)
* nintendogs + cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends (Nintendo)
* Super Street Fighter™ IV 3D Edition (Capcom / Distributed by Nintendo)
* The Sims™ 3 (Electronic Arts)
* PES 2011 3D – Pro Evolution Soccer (Konami Digital Entertainment)
* LEGO® Star Wars™ III The Clone Wars™ (LucasArts)
* RIDGE RACER™ 3D (Namco Bandai)
* Super Monkey Ball™ 3D (SEGA)
* SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles (TECMO KOEI)
* Asphalt™ 3D (Ubisoft)
* Tom Clancy's™ Ghost Recon® Shadow Wars (Ubisoft)
* Tom Clancy's™ Splinter Cell® 3D (Ubisoft)
* Rayman® 3D (Ubisoft)

And that’s just for day one; a partial list of other titles coming soon to Nintendo 3DS includes: Steel Diver, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising and new instalments in the Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Paper Mario series, all from Nintendo. Resident Evil™: The Mercenaries 3D from Capcom; Madden NFL Football from Electronic Arts, Crush™ 3D, Thor™ : God of Thunder from SEGA; PUZZLE BOBBLE UNIVERSE™ from Square Enix, Co., Ltd; DEAD OR ALIVE Dimensions from Tecmo Koei Europe Ltd. and James Noir’s Hollywood Crimes™ and Driver® Renegade 3D from Ubisoft. Rabbids® 3D and Combat of Giants™ Dinosaurs 3D from Ubisoft will be available across Europe one week after launch of Nintendo 3DS.

Read it very carefully. Its just saying the last two will be out the week after (as was said earlier in the thread)

People are going to be pissed come April 1st as most people are going to misinterpret it.

Deku

Banned
Starwolf_UK said:
Read it very carefully. Its just saying the last two will be out the week after (as was said earlier in the thread)

People are going to be pissed come April 1st as most people are going to misinterpret it.

Really?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Sammy Samusu said:
And that’s just for day one; a partial list of other titles coming soon to Nintendo 3DS includes: Steel Diver, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising and new instalments in the Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Paper Mario series, all from Nintendo. Resident Evil™: The Mercenaries 3D from Capcom; Madden NFL Football from Electronic Arts, Crush™ 3D, Thor™ : God of Thunder from SEGA; PUZZLE BOBBLE UNIVERSE™ from Square Enix, Co., Ltd; DEAD OR ALIVE Dimensions from Tecmo Koei Europe Ltd. and James Noir’s Hollywood Crimes™ and Driver® Renegade 3D from Ubisoft. Rabbids® 3D and Combat of Giants™ Dinosaurs 3D from Ubisoft will be available across Europe one week after launch of Nintendo 3DS.

Periods to differentiate sentences are important.

I have many parts on my body. A head, a knee, a foot. Four fingers and a thumb are on my hand.

jarosh

why the fuck am i getting a 3ds on day one. there is literally not a SINGLE game releasing on the 25th or a week after that i'm even remotely interested in :/

Gravijah

jarosh said:
why the fuck am i getting a 3ds on day one. there is literally not a SINGLE game releasing on the 25th or a week after that i'm even remotely interested in :/

Nintendo might retroactively make it 50% more expensive!

jarosh said:
because it will be really hard to get one afterward DUHHH

Top Bottom