• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS HOMEBREW Discussion Thread [exploits/carts/applications/games]

Gaardus

I thought the SD card formatter does that on its own when I click overwrite. I guess i made a mistake there. Ill try doing this again. thanks.

But once that is done, just drag and drop then?
Yep. Now that I think about, though, I'm not sure the official SD Formatter tool will allow you to choose Fat32 for 64 GB cards. You might have to use a different tool.

Yep. Now that I think about, though, I'm not sure the official SD Formatter tool will allow you to choose Fat32 for 64 GB cards. You might have to use a different tool.

Ive always used the disk utility on my mac for this stuff but with the 3DS, I stuck to using nintendo's recommended thing which is sd formatter. I guess ive always done 32 and below before. I used this 64 in my switch. Copying the data to 64 to see if it works now. Ill post once it is done again.

Edit: yea it was the formatting. thanks Gaardus. Sorted now.

Mirk

So I was going to give Metroid a try in citra. When I try and dump it with godmode9 it fails instantly. I can dump every other game I have tried but metriod wont go. Its driving me mad lol anyone have anything I can try to get it to go? It loads fine on the 3ds and I have the out folder dunno what else to do.

So I was going to give Metroid a try in citra. When I try and dump it with godmode9 it fails instantly. I can dump every other game I have tried but metriod wont go. Its driving me mad lol anyone have anything I can try to get it to go? It loads fine on the 3ds and I have the out folder dunno what else to do.

This is gonna sound sill but do you have enough free space ?

I just had a look on the dark side and the game has been dumped so it's dumpable at least.

Maybe try one of the other cart dumpers ?

Mirk

This is gonna sound sill but do you have enough free space ?

I just had a look on the dark side and the game has been dumped so it's dumpable at least.

Maybe try one of the other cart dumpers ?

I finally got it. fk me that was a pain. So no matter what I did it would not go. So what I did was convert it to a .cia then decrypt it and then move the .cia to my pc and convert the .cia to .3ds so it will now work with citra! Then I got the switch pro controller working with it so now I can enjoy 4k Metriod on my tv :D

I finally got it. fk me that was a pain. So no matter what I did it would not go. So what I did was convert it to a .cia then decrypt it and then move the .cia to my pc and convert the .cia to .3ds so it will now work with citra! Then I got the switch pro controller working with it so now I can enjoy 4k Metriod on my tv :D

How's the framerate? Is not having split screen a major loss?

I followed the guide up to the point where it said to insert my SD card into my computer.

I have a mid-2009 macbook pro. How do I put my SD card into it?

I followed the guide up to the point where it said to insert my SD card into my computer.

I have a mid-2009 macbook pro. How do I put my SD card into it?

Does it not have an SD card slot?

2009-06-18mbpimp-4.jpg

hirokazu

Ah, so that's what that port is.

I would still need an adapter though. I don't have the big thingy as seen in the picture; only the small SD card that's in my 3DS.
LOL, this is hilarious. Anyway, yeah adaptors are super cheap and often come with the micro SD card. If you have a New 3DS, you could just use the built-in fileserver thingy in System Settings > Data Management rather than removing the SD card all the time, though from experience, that doesn't work on macOS.

LOL, this is hilarious. Anyway, yeah adaptors are super cheap and often come with the micro SD card. If you have a New 3DS, you could just use the built-in fileserver thingy in System Settings > Data Management rather than removing the SD card all the time, though from experience, that doesn't work on macOS.

It is windows only unfortunately.

Mirk

How's the framerate? Is not having split screen a major loss?

Fps has been stable only seen a few dips. I do have a 7700k and 1080 thou. I am also using a hacky version of citra I found on youtube so I can unlock the rez. I play with big screen little screen so I get split screen.

Quick question: I have a 2ds with homebrew, luma and godmode9, but I don't know if it has boot9strap or not, and I would like to check before updating the 2ds. How can I check this?

Haven’t touched my 3DS in awhile. Saw the B9 stuff and the bans.

Is the ban console specific or account specific? I don’t really need CFW, it’s just nice to have, but I play my Switch and will probably dust the ol 3DS off when Pokémon releases.

Haven’t touched my 3DS in awhile. Saw the B9 stuff and the bans.

Is the ban console specific or account specific? I don’t really need CFW, it’s just nice to have, but I play my Switch and will probably dust the ol 3DS off when Pokémon releases.

Console specific so far. We still have no idea what causes it (it was fairly random, like even in a poll to determine the cause only ~50% were affected, which is much less than you'd expect since polls like that tend to get disproportionate attention from people who were affected) and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it (unless some of the reportees were lying), the major theory was proven wrong because that information isn't sent online. Some people thought there'd be a second wave but there wasn't, no one has been banned for inexplicable reasons since. So in summary ???.

Console specific so far. We still have no idea what causes it (it was fairly random, like even in a poll to determine the cause only ~50% were affected, which is much less than you'd expect since polls like that tend to get disproportionate attention from people who were affected) and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it (unless some of the reportees were lying), the major theory was proven wrong because that information isn't sent online. Some people thought there'd be a second wave but there wasn't, no one has been banned for inexplicable reasons since. So in summary ???.

Haha, thanks. Was worried if it would be account specific. Not so worried about console since it’s basically a Pokémon machine at this point.

Just installed G9. Was fairly easy. I assume it’s basicaly future proof at this point?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Hey, for anyone who's interested in getting one, I just got the limited edition SNES New 3DS XL and I can confirm that it comes with 11.4.0-37E!

Also, it's a fucking beautiful system. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Drain You

This is the second time I've thought about buying a shell for a system I don't even own. That and the god damned atomic purple Switch shell.

Quick question: I have a 2ds with homebrew, luma and godmode9, but I don't know if it has boot9strap or not, and I would like to check before updating the 2ds. How can I check this?

Open your SD and check it you have a file named "arm9loaderhax.bin" - if so, you have A9LH installed, proceed to installing boot9strap.
If you have a file named "boot.firm" (or both), you most likely already installed boot9strap and you probably want to update it's installation.
On any case, by booting SafeB9SInstaller the program will automatically check which exploit and you have installed and will overwrite the old version.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Yeah and for anyone that allready owns a new 3ds xl
You can buy the case super cheap on aliexpress!
And build one yourself

https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/s/item/...a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.6ad2fadv7dbbK#autostay

Only 12 bucks!!

Eeeeh... It's OK-ish. It's missing the SUPER NINTENDO logo, the four-color buttons and the dark grey Home button ;)

I got this N3DS for €55, between trade-ins and store credit, so I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I can't use it until next Tuesday, though, due to the stupid system transfer limit of 7 days imposed by Nintendo. Kindly fuck off, Nintendo <.<

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Eeeeh... It's OK-ish. It's missing the SUPER NINTENDO logo, the four-color buttons and the dark grey Home button ;)

I got this N3DS for €55, between trade-ins and store credit, so I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I can't use it until next Tuesday, though, due to the stupid system transfer limit of 7 days imposed by Nintendo. Kindly fuck off, Nintendo <.<
pretty sure the super nintendo logo is on it.
they just photoshop it out of it ;)
the 4 color buttons are easy to order also !

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Voor...lgo_pvid=263ff35c-da26-470b-a002-3ff240b8760a

Aeana

Ive seen people post some hex codes as "gateway codes" for a game. Is this like save editing? How do you implement it into a game you own?

It's like Gameshark or Game Genie codes. The Gateway codes themselves can only be used with the Gateway flash cart, but with some finagling, they can be converted into NTR plugins to be used with games. I think you can use NTR cheat plugins with Luma now too.

Xbro

Having an issue playing games. When I boot them up I get this message:

An exception occurred

Processor: ARM9
Exception type: data abort

R0 00000000 R1 081128A0
R2 00000084 R3 00027003
R4 080FEB70 R5 000B5D30
R6 080BD380 R7 00000200
R8 16A61000 R9 00000000
R10 00001000 R11 00000007
R12 00000000 SP 080E0600
LR 080396AD PC 08064CE4
CPSR 60000030

You cna find a dump in the following file:
dumps/arm9/crash_dump_00000003.dmp

Press any button to shutdown

Stack dump:

Random stuff

It's like Gameshark or Game Genie codes. The Gateway codes themselves can only be used with the Gateway flash cart, but with some finagling, they can be converted into NTR plugins to be used with games. I think you can use NTR cheat plugins with Luma now too.

I would assume that's a code for Gateway, a flashcart that barely anyone uses these days.

Thanks. I’ll wait for someone to convert to NTR then I guess. I used NTR before.

Having an issue playing games. When I boot them up I get this message:

An exception occurred

Processor: ARM9
Exception type: data abort

R0 00000000 R1 081128A0
R2 00000084 R3 00027003
R4 080FEB70 R5 000B5D30
R6 080BD380 R7 00000200
R8 16A61000 R9 00000000
R10 00001000 R11 00000007
R12 00000000 SP 080E0600
LR 080396AD PC 08064CE4
CPSR 60000030

You cna find a dump in the following file:
dumps/arm9/crash_dump_00000003.dmp

Press any button to shutdown

Stack dump:

Random stuff

Try rolling back to an earlier stable Luma version ?

DJKhaled

Apparently X/Y and ORAS can be used as main exploits now. Big if someone releases the exploit since most people would own those games.

Apparently X/Y and ORAS can be used as main exploits now. Big if someone releases the exploit since most people would own those games.

Secondary or Primary ? ORAS has had Basehaxx for ages IIRC (don't think it ever got hacked) , but that's a secondary exploit.

ETA - Primary. Interesting but it hasn't been implemented, doesn't seem like there's anyone interested and competent yet either but that will probably change.

Mollymauk

My 3ds was still on rxtools because I hadn't used it in so long. Switching to luma was remarkably easy compared to the first time haha. It's so much better too. It's funny how much of a psychological barrier that longer boot sequence was. I pick it up and play it so much more now with the quick boot.

Xbro

Hmmmm. That should be stable. Is it a cart or eshop game or both causing problems ? And what Luma settings are you using ?

Eshop game. It's my friend's 3DS and he says there's more than one game getting the same error, this one in particular is Ace Attorney Trilogy.

Only luma setting being used is "show NAND or user string in system settings"

Eshop game. It's my friend's 3DS and he says there's more than one game getting the same error, this one in particular is Ace Attorney Trilogy.

Only luma setting being used is "show NAND or user string in system settings"

Isn't forcing the N3DS Clock / L2 ? (I don't think it should matter since Ace Attorney isn't the kind of game to have issues with that usually).

And not using NTR.

The games are correct region / region (since Luma region / language isn't on) ?

If all that's true I'd put the SD in a computer and make sure it isn't corrupt / has corrupt files. That can lead to seemingly random crashes when booting eshop games.

Xbro

Isn't forcing the N3DS Clock / L2 ? (I don't think it should matter since Ace Attorney isn't the kind of game to have issues with that usually).

And not using NTR.

The games are correct region / region (since Luma region / language isn't on) ?

If all that's true I'd put the SD in a computer and make sure it isn't corrupt / has corrupt files. That can lead to seemingly random crashes when booting eshop games.

How would I check the second one?

Or the fourth?

Xbro

So I'm noticing that GodMode9 isn't loading up when I press start on boot. It just gets stuck on the loading screen for it. How would I update GodMode9?

D.Lo

Xbro

Okay so when I try to copy over the files to another file, it says that NANDmin.bin is corrupt. Could this be a cause? Actually looks like a lot of files are corrupted.

Okay so when I try to copy over the files to another file, it says that NANDmin.bin is corrupt. Could this be a cause? Actually looks like a lot of files are corrupted.

Yeah, that means your SD Card is almost certainly corrupt. It's a reasonably common issue unfortunately. The good news is that it tends to be specific makes / models of SD card and that if a SD card doesn't have the problem within about a week of regular use it's probably fine.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Holy shit, that fucking 7-day system transfer limit is bullshit.

I sold my orange and black New 3DS XL last Tuesday around 2 PM. I performed the system transfer to my regular N3DS, knowing that I would be forced to wait a full week before doing it again. But even though 7 days have already passed, it still tells me that I need to wait a full day before doing it. I've been sitting on my SNES New 3DS XL since Friday*. It's already hacked and updated to the latest firmware, just waiting to be used :/

Figuratively speaking, of course.

Xbro

Yeah, that means your SD Card is almost certainly corrupt. It's a reasonably common issue unfortunately. The good news is that it tends to be specific makes / models of SD card and that if a SD card doesn't have the problem within about a week of regular use it's probably fine.

So I should get a new SD card?

Also it looks like it's some game files that are corrupt, which would explain why AA isn't working. Is there any way to recover the saves?

L.O.R.D

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

PCless hack for 3DS in less then 50 seconds

https://streamable.com/cbtq2

holy shit, you don't need to put anything in the 3DS SD card, all the necessary files are injected into the NTRboot cart.
the limit for the files is 4mb.

after that, it's done, you don't need to unscrew your N3DS screws ever for hacks.

3DS software that was used:

GodMode9 v1.4.3 w/ autorun script, preloaded VRAM0 & built-in AESKeys
ZIP3DSFX v0.6
NTRBoot_Flasher v0.3.0
FBI
Homebrew Launcher

Top Bottom