• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS reserves start December 26th.

Amir0x said:
No, pretty much really. Not found a single launch worthy of shit. Almost all launch windows have one or two "highlighted" games, usually a first party title that is either a content-less proof-of-concept or a overhyped dud, and then a launch window that hovers anywhere between "wasteland status" and "radioactive trash heap."
Super NES FTW! Launched with Pilotwings, F-Zero, Sim City, Gradius III, and Super Mario World in the US. Games that came out within 4 months of launch: Act Raiser, Final Fight, Final Fantasy II (IV), Drakken, Super Darius, John Madden Football, Lagoon, Populous, RPM Racing, Super Castlevania, Super Ghouls & Ghosts, Super R-Type, UN Squadron. And the big games kept coming out in a continuous stream.

As for 3DS, we don't know the launch titles, but really, there's only like 4 games announced so far that are just ports/remakes.

careksims

PRE-ORDEREd! I think I was 3rd on the list.

So funny. Thought GS in mall was open at 10am but the was open since 7am! Barely no one there and I was able to reserve! They said I will get a phone call later to choose my color :) oh happy day!

This is the Gamestop at the Plaza Bonita Mall in San Diego

LovingSteam said:
Um. Worse come to worse and we decide not to buy it, we just get our refund. At least this way for only $50 we have a spot guaranteed.

yeah, I don't get why people hate on preorders so much. Technically all you're doing is freezing the money you put down. Whether you choose to buy it not, it isn't like you will lose that money in the end. And people pretend like you can walk in and get it whenever, well, that isn't always the case. Recently for Fallout New Vegas, Amazon was sold out of the PC Collector's Edition, as were all the Gamestops near me when it was released. It's money down for peace of mind, and if you don't want it, go get your money back.

Thanks to wwmonkey and others. I preordered just to be on the safe side. I may change over to Amazon though if they have a better deal.

Oh and thanks for that SKU. Without that number the guy wouldn't have been able to do it. He was the manager but had no idea we could even preorder today. Nice guy though.

Glix

Anyone know how much Gamestop gives for a DSI trade in? (I'm hoping at some point they will do a deal where you get extra credit if you trade towards a 3DS, but I'd still like to know)

wwm0nkey

Glix said:
Anyone know how much Gamestop gives for a DSI trade in? (I'm hoping at some point they will do a deal where you get extra credit if you trade towards a 3DS, but I'd still like to know)
I think you get a $25 bonus if you trade in a system for new hardware.

girlfriend was at the mall for day after christmas sale, had her stop in GS and get me a reserve...$50 down

not sure if I want it or not, the final price will be a large factor, but better safe then sorry

Lkr

I'm going in twenty minutes. I don't think I'll be able to afford it at launch, but it's worth a shot

3dsd.jpg

Lkr said:
I'm going in twenty minutes. I don't think I'll be able to afford it at launch, but it's worth a shot

It's not out until sometime in March. Just put down the $50, and save another $250 and you should be fine.

Kuramu said:
Got my preorder in. After what I went through to get a Wii, this is a tremendous relief.

Yeah same. I didn't think to preorder the Wii back then. Me and my mom went to a Best Buy at like 3 or 4 AM on Dec. 17th and we weren't able to secure one. The people in the line ended up getting more tickets and bought several systems each (which is bullshit!) My brother ended up paying $500 for one on Ebay and I got it for Christmas.

A Year later in October 2007 me and my mom were at Walmart and saw a bunch of Wii's inside a case in the garden section. We left and went home and asked my grandpa if we could buy it for my brother, he said yes so we went back and there was only one left and we got it.

I ended up selling a brand new Platinum GC that I won through a Pokémon fansite contest sponsored by Nintendo with Pac-Man World 2 for $125 on Ebay around Christmas that year. :p

Sanchito

Glix said:

$50, plus you get an extra $25. That ends today, supposedly.

Emitan

bridegur said:
Amazon probably won't put up preorders until they have the actual date, right?
Maybe. I guess it doesn't really matter if Amazon doesn't start pre-orders until the 16th (or whenever that conference is) because they're getting a shit ton and their stock has nothing to do with GameStop's stock. But it is strange how Nintendo gave GameStop the go ahead to start their orders now when the launch is still 2.5 months away.

Poyunch

Oh gosh I think the earliest I can get it is on Tuesday. I hope my local Gamestop doesn't get too many people. There was a pretty decent line for MW2. :/

Emitan

PounchEnvy said:
Oh gosh I think the earliest I can get it is on Tuesday. I hope my local Gamestop doesn't get too many people. There was a pretty decent line for MW2. :/
But no one even knows GameStop is offering these pre-orders. Hell, even most of the employees don't know according to this thread. I'm sure you'll be fine. Or you can just wait until Amazon starts their pre-orders so you have another chance of being at the "front of the line" so to speak.

Billychu said:
But no one even knows GameStop is offering these pre-orders. Hell, even most of the employees don't know according to this thread. I'm sure you'll be fine. Or you can just wait until Amazon starts their pre-orders so you have another chance of being at the "front of the line" so to speak.
that'll change tomorrow. once it's in the system properly and you don't need to manually type in the SKU it'll be pretty well known. i would be surprised if anyone that preorders in the next week doesn't get one at launch, but we have no idea about availablity.

alls i know is, that so long as every gamestop gets at least ONE 3DS, i'm good :)

Boney

Banned
Dreamwriter said:
Super NES FTW! Launched with Pilotwings, F-Zero, Sim City, Gradius III, and Super Mario World in the US. Games that came out within 4 months of launch: Act Raiser, Final Fight, Final Fantasy II (IV), Drakken, Super Darius, John Madden Football, Lagoon, Populous, RPM Racing, Super Castlevania, Super Ghouls & Ghosts, Super R-Type, UN Squadron. And the big games kept coming out in a continuous stream.
Yeah, the SNES had an incredible lineup, but that was 20 years ago.

But as long as the software is good enough, I'll be entretained with my new hardware. Only consoles I've gotten at launch were the GBA, DS and Wii. With the GBA I had Advance Wars, F-Zero and got Zelda Oracles. That right there is a fantastic lineup. With the DS I didn't get any games till May really, with Zelda MC, and Wario Ware. And Wii with the Zelda (best launch game ever, regardless if it's a souped at gamecube game if you wanna be a cinic, Wii Sports which is an excellent game, and Excite Truck.

Games don't have to be the system's best in the 6 years it'll be on the market, but they are good games, regardless.

Somnid

So how does backing out of a preorder work? Right now I'm at my parents house with a Gamestop about 2 blocks away and I think it might be worth preordering if I can get a guarantee, however since I actually live elsewhere it may or may not be a problem to get over here when the system releases (Sunday would be okay else I'd need to take off work). So if I preorder but decide I no longer want it I just ask for my money back correct?

wwm0nkey

Somnid said:
So how does backing out of a preorder work? Right now I'm at my parents house with a Gamestop about 2 blocks away and I think it might be worth preordering if I can get a guarantee, however since I actually live elsewhere it may or may not be a problem to get over here when the system releases (Sunday would be okay else I'd need to take off work). So if I preorder but decide I no longer want it I just ask for my money back correct?
Correct, you can cancel your pre-order anytime.

Emitan

Somnid said:
99% sure you can just call or walk in and cancel it. And I know some people who've had pre-orders transferred to different GameStops so you could try moving it to a store closer to you.

Lonely1 said:
Is the safest position. To be fair.
But do they have to say "most likely"? Couldn't they say "up to" or something? I don't know anyone who thinks it's going to be $300 that isn't just blindly following a currency conversion.

plagiarize said:
that'll change tomorrow. once it's in the system properly and you don't need to manually type in the SKU it'll be pretty well known. i would be surprised if anyone that preorders in the next week doesn't get one at launch, but we have no idea about availablity.

alls i know is, that so long as every gamestop gets at least ONE 3DS, i'm good :)

High Five!

Somnid

Billychu said:
99% sure you can just call or walk in and cancel it. And I know some people who've had pre-orders transferred to different GameStops so you could try moving it to a store closer to you.

I figured I couldn't do this due to queue positions but if it was somehow possible this would be excellent as I have a GS pretty close to my house as well.

Bizzyb

Banned
Got mines. Thankfully the GS is located near the ghetto so of course most of the patrons have no idea 3DS even exists. #1 on the list so I'm definitely getting mines. Oh and $50 was minimum

MidnightScott said:

is the "013" on the receipt the number you are for the 3DS?
I got mine pre-ordered at 9:30 am and i had a 002 for mine and then my bro went to another gamestop and his receipt has a 001.
The employee said he was #1 since no one else had pre-ordered.
The employee at mine was such a bitch, she didn't believe me at first that pre-orders were happening :lol , when i asked her she didn't say what number i was :/ she mad

All in all, it went great :D time to wait :lol

Lkr

I think I was a top preorder because the employee started laughing when he saw the price at $1000 in the system

Billychu said:
Good man. Don't let GameStop entice you.
I'm doing both, just in case. Feels good to know I'm guaranteed one already, so if something happens with Amazon and I don't make it in time, there is one sitting for me...and I actually get it on release and not afterward :D

Jetku

friskykillface said:
is the "013" on the receipt the number you are for the 3DS?
I got mine pre-ordered at 9:30 am and i had a 002 for mine and then my bro went to another gamestop and his receipt has a 001.
The employee said he was #1 since no one else had pre-ordered.
The employee at mine was such a bitch, she didn't believe me at first that pre-orders were happening :lol , when i asked her she didn't say what number i was :/ she mad

All in all, it went great :D time to wait :lol

The 013 is the number of transaction you are on that register for that day. It's transactions for anything (sales, reserves, returns, etc..)

There's no way to tell what number you are for that store by the receipt.

Top Bottom