• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS reserves start December 26th.

asdad123

I have work 6am-4pm tomorrow so It looks like Im going to be waiting to place a preorder on amazon once they go up on that.

4PM will probably be a little late to place a preorder at GS if this is highly anticipated

asdad123 said:
4PM will probably be a little late to place a preorder at GS if this is highly anticipated
I mean, I hate to be that guy, but it's probably not.

It hasn't even technically been announced yet for American release. Once they do the New York event, yeah, people are going to pre-order because Nintendo is going to make sure they do. But even if the entirety of GAF went out to pre-order tomorrow, you'd likely still be placed comfortably in line by mid-January.

asdad123

ShockingAlberto said:
I mean, I hate to be that guy, but it's probably not.

It hasn't even technically been announced yet for American release. Once they do the New York event, yeah, people are going to pre-order because Nintendo is going to make sure they do. But even if the entirety of GAF went out to pre-order tomorrow, you'd likely still be placed comfortably in line by mid-January.

It might not be, but after 10 hours of work, Im gonna be way too lazy to drive to a gamestop and go preorder haha.

Plus, amazon saves me a couple bucks by not charging tax :lol

daegan

I have heard absolutely nothing about this. 2 potential situations: this is a select store/area type thing or it's just not happening period. Given the insanity that is the 26th in retail in general I'm going with the latter.

P.S. For those who don't know, games have been reservable for over a month now. They're in the same category as normal DS games still. Which makes me even more skeptical. With the insanity that was 360/PS3/Wii res I just can't see this starting tomorrow

daegan

-Pyromaniac- said:
If Canada who always gets things late managed to get it done, it's about time the US got it over with as well.

I can't see it happening until Nintendo drops details for the launch publicly. It doesn't make sense. There's a reason why PS3 and Wii reserves started so late; every company (not just GS) got burned by under supplying every launch previous. I can't see 3DS starting in US stores (not just GS) until everyone knows what they're getting day 1. Without knowing what day 1 is... it doesn't make sense.

Emitan

Do we have any idea when Amazon is going to start their pre-orders? Obviously GameStop won't start until 8:00, but do you think Amazon will wait or just do it at midnight?

mjc

Billychu said:
Do we have any idea when Amazon is going to start their pre-orders? Obviously GameStop won't start until 8:00, but do you think Amazon will wait or just do it at midnight?
Nobody knows when Amazon is putting it up.

wwm0nkey

HAL_Laboratory said:
Just want to remind everyone that securing a pre-order at Gamestop does not guarantee you a system on launch day.
They actually do a list depending on who reserved it first.

antonz

Hell I remember when the gamecube came out reservations were full and I hadnt bothered. walked in on launch day and a clerk at gamestop took one reserved for someone coming in later that day and sold it to me.

I doubt most clerks give a shit. If the cash is in hand the system goes

daegan

HAL_Laboratory said:
Maybe at your store, but a lot of people got fucked when Wii came out. Just sayin'.

I don't remember Wii being a huge issue. PS3s ran short, Wiis didn't. If your local store took more reserves than they were supposed to that's a different thing, but PS3/Wii was the first time that the stores were told "THIS IS HOW MANY YOU CAN RESERVE". As long as the store did that they were fine. Particularly on Wii.

EDIT: PS3s were short enough that employees weren't supposed to pick their own up on launch day. Wiis were fine though and I spent that night playing Zelda and Sports (and actually broke part of my ceiling fan playing bowling)

antonz said:
Hell I remember when the gamecube came out reservations were full and I hadnt bothered. walked in on launch day and a clerk at gamestop took one reserved for someone coming in later that day and sold it to me.

that's what i'd be afraid of :lol :lol
i remember for the 360, they took way to many pre orders and people got pissed.

*gets gun ready* your safe wwm0nkey.....for now :lol :p

rosjos44

antonz said:

Its an instant fire for that employee if they do that. Just to let you know.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Just gonna reserve it tomorrow just incase it is like the wii. Rather have one all ready for me to go and pick up rather trying to kill someone for it.

antonz

rosjos44 said:
Its an instant fire for that employee if they do that. Just to let you know.

Lucky for the clerk I dont know his name and its a console generation later heh. If anything the clerk probably just bullshitted about not enough stock came in

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Good part about living on the west coast is that by the time I wake up in the morning, East Coast gamestop's will already be opening and all I'll have to do is look at this thread to find out if preorders really are happening, and how much the deposit is.

:D

Zerokku said:
Good part about living on the west coast is that by the time I wake up in the morning, East Coast gamestop's will already be opening and all I'll have to do is look at this thread to find out if preorders really are happening, and how much the deposit is.

Yeah same. I'm running out to get my haircut tomorrow, but I'll call ahead of time.

wwm0nkey said:
Hey guys just incase they dont do reserves tomorrow don't kill me :lol

77805423.gif

"you are already dead"

Emitan

Zerokku said:

The best part about visiting family is that I can't pre-order until January :(

But I'm pre-ordering from Amazon anyway, so it's not a huge deal. And I'd rather wait until Monday if it's getting a Nintendo Sunday release than go to Gamestop. I hate that place.

Anth0ny

Dreamwriter said:
Preordering is for wimps! I'm gonna be out in front of a non-reserve store waiting in line.

Truth.

I picked up a DS at 6 AM no problem on launch, 3DS shouldn't be too different, considering the likely launch price.

So I think it's obvious that Nintendo was trying to hold back a bit on letting the word out to the mainstream about 3DS so it wouldn't hinder DS sales this Christmas, but now that shopping season is over, I expect the flood gates on the 3DS promoting to open at the beginning of January. I can't wait to overhear moms and dads talking about this new 3D device without the use of glasses that they heard about on Dateline or 60 minutes.

Dreamwriter said:
Preordering is for wimps! I'm gonna be out in front of a non-reserve store waiting in line.
Wal-Mart doesn't do preorders, but that's the way to go. I think Smash Brothers was the only Nintendo product I can think of that caused Gamestop to have a midnight release. If the 3DS has a midnight release at Gamestop I may go ahead and pre-order there just to be on the safe side.

Effect

Does GameStop update their website a a particular time? Though they might not be putting up preorders there. Still will be checking just in case.

guys, are we 100% sure this is going to happen tomorrow?

I see wwMonkey's report, but not really any others. are we SURE? it's a pretty early wakeup call to go to the store for nothing.

mandiller

I'm preparing for it to cost the same as the Wii on launch. If it costs anything less than that's a bonus and more money can go towards games. I've already got a fund started in my desk drawer where I'm adding money. That way when I go to buy it I won't take a huge hit to my bank account. I'll forget that money is there after a while. Halfway there.

wwm0nkey

Dreams-Visions said:
guys, are we 100% sure this is going to happen tomorrow?

I see wwMonkey's report, but not really any others. are we SURE? it's a pretty early wakeup call to go to the store for nothing.
Besides me and I think 1 or 2 other people, nope. So its not 100%

wwm0nkey said:
Besides me and I think 1 or 2 other people, nope. So its not 100%
I'm getting up stupid early tomorrow on your say so. I'm not the only one. This is going to get ugly if you're wrong.

I'm not going to bring torches or pitchforks, but some will. I'll just go home and back to sleep.

BMF said:
I'm getting up stupid early tomorrow on your say so. I'm not the only one. This is going to get ugly if you're wrong.

I'm not going to bring torches or pitchforks, but some will. I'll just go home and back to sleep.
mine as well just wake up and call.

wwm0nkey

BMF said:

Im waking up super early as well, I will also be pissed because this is what I was told by my manager.

ntb825

Yes, this is 100% happening tomorrow (today, whatever).

There us only one SKU at this time because colors and bundles are unknown. The minimum (and only) deposit will be $50. The price listed in the computer is $999.99 to prevent anyone from telling a customer a wrong price for the thing because no one knows yet.

Also, there are only 4 games available for order. Lovely Lisa, Madden NFL, Cartoon Network Super-Toon Rumble, and The Sims 3.

Hope that helps.

wwm0nkey

ntb825 said:

There us only one SKU at this time because colors and bundles are unknown. The minimum (and only) deposit will be $50. The price listed in the computer is $999.99 to prevent anyone from telling a customer a wrong price for the thing because no one knows yet.

Also, there are only 4 games available for order. Lovely Lisa, Madden NFL, Cartoon Network Super-Toon Rumble, and The Sims 3.

Hope that helps.
Wait it was in your system?

I'm on and off at Gamestop and I've a bud who's very keyed in to what goes on. He's not heard of it. Not saying it can't be true I'm not going to be surprised if pre-orders aren't live tomorrow. Jan 19 isn't far away, either :D

*and a confirmation post after mine:lol Madden and Lovely Lisa have been the only 2 I've noticed recently, guess 2 more have snuck up. I've got some extra X-mas money I hope to put down tomorrow!

robut said:
I'm on and off at Gamestop and I've a bud who's very keyed in to what goes on. He's not heard of it. Not saying it can't be true I'm not going to be surprised if pre-orders aren't live tomorrow. Jan 19 isn't far away, either :D
Yes it is. =\

ntb825 said:

Hope that helps.

If you are lying you will suffer the internets fate.

Amir0x

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:
they won't, trust me. First day is Ocarina and some third party support. i suspect last minute delays, as usual

oh i know. That's why I'm not really worried about it. The rest of the apparent launch window shit looks pretty screwy so I'm only interested in putting the money down if Paper Mario 3DS is gonna be there.

Playing Ocarina for the hundredth time is not too interesting to me.

Amir0x said:
oh i know. That's why I'm not really worried about it. The rest of the apparent launch window shit looks pretty screwy so I'm only interested in putting the money down if Paper Mario 3DS is gonna be there.

Playing Ocarina for the hundredth time is not too interesting to me.

Sounds like the DS's 2004 launch here in America. 1 flagship N64 title and a few third party games. That was the launch

I can also confirm that it went live today. No color choices and 50 bucks down with a June placeholder and no price set (999.99 in computer).

Craig Majaski said:
I can also confirm that it went live today. No color choices and 50 bucks down with a June placeholder and no price set (999.99 in computer).

June would be a mega meltdown on GAF :lol

it better be a placeholder

Top Bottom