• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

45 New Apps coming to Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorkimoe

i feel like i dont utilize my xbox ones potential...i have yet to find a use for the snap feature...i have never run 2 things at once..probably couldnt even figure it out

Famassu

So, Finland is getting, like, 3 new apps. Still no reasons to give a fuck about their non-gaming services outside US and maybe UK and a couple of the bigger European countries.

Huh, you seemed to love the news of apps coming to PS4...

sce5.png

On Demand

Banned
That twitter integration is pretty good.

Once again MS shows they can't be touched when it comes to software.

I wish Sony was better at software.

Jimrpg

Hmm interesting

So do we have to pay for the content?

I mean crunchy roll is subscription? What about Kdrama? Cost?

I dont have a xbox one but i like the sound of this

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hmmm no Plex app? That's disappointing. Oh well, Chromecast works great for that.

I think plex needs to wait for the combined windows/xbox/windows phone thing in the fall?

does chromecast auto-switch the TV input via HDMI when you cast to it?

cripterion

American box indeed.

There's like 4 new apps for France lol. The TV integration doesn't even work with all service providers yet. Not really selling their tv plan for us but I understand it's not all on them.

Meader

Still no BBC iPlayer? Whats up with that, should have been one of the first TV apps on the service in the UK.

DesertFox

I think plex needs to wait for the combined windows/xbox/windows phone thing in the fall?

does chromecast auto-switch the TV input via HDMI when you cast to it?

Yes my TV will auto switch inputs when I begin Chromecasting with my android Plex app. I forget what the HDMI protocol is that makes that possible... But some TVs don't support it.

Awesome!

blazeuk

Who in their right mind is going to check twitter on their console? Are they really doing this again?

It's the online equivalent of someone sitting next to you talking over the show asking things like "That person is going to do that, isn't he/she?", but people love doing that. I'm sure plenty of people will use it if it's done right, personally I'd rather watch whatever I'm watching and then catch up on what people thought afterwards, but you only have to look at topics on here to see that others do like talking about shows while they're airing and being a lot more social about it.

Bdub

Why wouldn't Twitter be coming to other markets? I'd love to have a twitter feed during certain shows.

Edit: Ah, it's baked into the guide.

Xamdou

About bloody time HBO Go is coming soon to the Xbox One, and those extra apps are nice too. Xbox one is the premiere Entertainment console confirmed!

Gowans

Canada

Crunchyroll
GoPro
KDrama
MLG
NBA
NHL
SKy News
TuneIn
Vevo

USA